Quinnen is a beast...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 15, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think Q could work out if we get more around him that can also line stunt, switch things up some. Have our line a bit more mobile. Also him being healthy next year would be nice. It wasn't a great pick as we had desperate need at edge and o line, but it doesn't make him a bad player.

2. His get off, quickness & bend have been encouraging. Hes just a baby physically & has a high football IQ. The sky is the limit.

Still think Ed Oliver was the better prospect & suggested such repeatedly last draft season.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This offseason will be important for him. He needs to hit the training room hard instead of trying YouTube videos like last offseason

4. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

The thread title should be “Quinnen will be a beast”. He’s already been more productive than Leonard Williams has ever been and it’s just the beginning. I’m expecting bigger better plays from him next year.

I wasn’t with the pick during the draft, but seeing the way he gets after the qb....he’s going to be core to our defense for years to come.

BomberJet likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So one of our 1st round picks is playing well?

Time to trade him...right? :confused:

BomberJet likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

my feelings exactly.

Sam Darnold.
    Le'Veon Bell.
    Robby Anderson (don't resign).
    Jamal Adams.
    C.J Mosley.
    Quinnen Williams.

According to genius Jet fans we should simply trade them all because we have a crap O-Line this way we could draft 5-6 O-Lineman in order to field a nice O-Line with crap players at all other positions.

You don't trade these players away. You build around them; geniuses lol.

BomberJet, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Until proven otherwise, Allen is and will continue to make a bigger impact than Q. Sorry, I still can't get over that pick.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

our 2nd ranked defense begs to differ though. he's also a rookie and been bange dup all year. look how bad barkely looked with a high ankle sprain injury. lets wait until next year to judge. sure allen is a stud. I wanted him too. but we have Q so lets give him a chance

BomberJet likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

Allen should have been our pick but that doesn't mean Q is trash. Q could have a HoF career, we don't know yet. He's had one year in the NFL at a position that takes time to develop. He could go either way, but he has shown good things.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The second ranked D is hardly because of Q. He doesn’t even start most games and 2 of his 2 1/2 sacks were lineman not even blocking him. No one with any sanity is calling him a bust but you’re giving the guy way too much credit imo.

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

People Q at the nose and letting 2 lineman swallow him up on some plays isn’t playing to Qs strength. I’d much rather they move him to a DE position like he was at when he sacked Duck yesterday.

tomdeb and Mogriffjr like this.
  12. J-Raw24

I agree. And I think that will hopefully happen but he needs someone to complement him. We need a pure edge rusher and a real dt... Fatty and Shepard have been playing better, hopefully one of the can take that spot.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know it's not all Q. the whole d-line has been great. foley and mclendon especially. Q is playing great though as is phillips. it made leo and even henry anderson disposable. anderson will be here because of his contract in 2020 but Q, anderson and mclendon as starters with foley, shepard and philips as depth is pretty dam nice. we don't have to worry about d-line for a while

BomberJet and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. J-Raw24

I'm honestly hoping Q, Foley, and Phillipas can be the starters. Shepard could be first rotation... make mclendon and anderson expendable. Bring in more udfa or late round depth to push them. I want to get better in all phase and cut some cost as well. Adams, Darnold, and a few others will be coming up on pay days soon.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I loved Josh Allen coming out. Kid set a single season record for most sacks within the SEC All-Time; which speaks volumes, he was a can't miss pass rusher.

But Quinnen Williams is going to become a freak within his own right and God forbid we do draft a monster old pass rusher or sign one through free agency then guess what? Q. Williams then becomes the right pick.

It's not like Josh Allen has impacted Jacksonville they are worse than us.

16. J-Raw24

He has impacted... they would be much worse without him. That said they don't have an offense. Fournette can't run because there are no holes and defenses just stack the box. The secondary has taken a huge step back . No of that is on Allen. He is still playing at a really high level. Football is a team game. One player isn't going to carry the team to the playoffs.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Q Williams was hyped up as a Top 10 prospect and Mac bought in hook line sinker just like he did with Lenny Williams

Let's see what happens with this kid

Otherwise it will be an utter refreshing change of pace when our GM puts in the selection for OL first thing come Draft day 2020

tomdeb likes this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I like having the vets back there and it’s kept the DLine fresh. Not many injuries on the line for the most part. IIRC McLendon signed an extension for 2020. And Anderson maybe back as well.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  19. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Anderson signed a 3 yr 25 million dollar extension. He has 2 yrs left but might be cuttable after next year

Mogriffjr and J-Raw24 like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO he won't come near the HoF as a 3-4 NT. For him to reach his potential, he needs to be playing in a Tampa Bay 4-3 D alignment.

tomdeb likes this.