Quinnen is a beast...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 15, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that's exactly what happened. I think Gase and Williams wanted Ed Oliver, but Mac thought Q was the BPA, so here we are.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Idk that they wanted Oliver either. The fact the offense is so bad, and has been so long I would think Gase would want OL help last year. And Willuams could have also wanted Allen. I don't see the "Allen wouldn't work out here" thing... him pulling double teams allows Jenking more sacks. It also allows Kyle Phillips more time in the backfield. Also allows Adams and Mosley more chances. Yeah maybe he isn't as productive this year. But if we sign Ngakoue in the off season, have Allen, Jenkins, Mosley, Adams, Phillips, Anderson, Mclendon, and Fatukasi I think we have a lot better pass rush. Jacksonville could have had Q or Oliver to take Ngakoue spot.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Toe" the line, as in keeping his feet in position rather than being driven backwards. "Tow the line" would indicate dragging the line with him wherever he went.

4. Its a term used to indicate gap integrity, maintaining anchor & as you said not being driven backwards or out of position

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I know what it is and noticed you repeated it three or four times so it wasn't a typo, simply a misunderstanding of the spelling. "Toe," not "tow."

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like our defensive coordinator and I think he could dial of some plays for a talented pass rusher like Allen. He did pretty well with our cornerbacks. With all the injuries and disappointments he was able to find two guys that gave the Jets solid play down the stretch. Maybe your right but I sure would have been more excited about finally having a pass rusher instead of another lumbering inside lineman. How many of those have we drafted with terrible results?

ouchy likes this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Our drafting failures suck. But it wasn't because they were bad plans, just bad results. It is probably a Jets thing.

The 49ers successfully did the same thing we have been trying to do. They publicly stated the first thing they needed to do to rebuild the team was to build a top defensive line through the draft - and that's what they did. Most of the seasons we were drafting DL, so were they. Except their drafts worked out for them and ours have all evaporated. Its probably comes down to the difference between a well run organization and a crappily run one.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Finally a new Big Baby interview! He seems in good spirits after the season! :)