Quincy Enunwa Re-signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I guess it can be looked at from what else is out there. Also, since more details have emerged, it is not as bad as I thought. But roughly ~ $9m a year for Enunwa is pricey. He hasn't shown that he is durable and he certainly has not performed like a WR earning ~$9m a year.

#61 Martin&theJETS, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and 94Abraham like this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Only interesting guys around Q's age from a talent perspective are Donte Moncrief and Tyrell Williams, and neither of them have been consistent.
    Funchess has looked good in spots also, but then disappears like most of this year.
    I like Q more than any of them, but I'd also be interested in signing one of them to add to our receiving depth.

I also like Tate quite a bit if it's a short term signing.
    He's very versatile and underrated imo.
    Can be the kind of player Kearse was for us last season.

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Quincy should be better next year with a full off season of good health. Remember he was coming back from a serious neck injury and was not able to fully practice until late in camp. His health and play should both be better with a full off sesson.

3 years at 20 is a pretty good deal for a guy as versatile as Q. They need to add a 4th receiving option to the mix.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Because he can't really help the team when he's always injured. I'd rather use that cap space to upgrade the position via trade since the available free agent wide-outs aren't that appealing.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

What are we trading?

Draft picks?

Maybe some of our really good players?

Who exactly are we trading for and with what?

Q costs money and cap space, something that we have in relative abundance.

Draft picks and really good players?

Not so much.

6. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

$20 million guaranteed to a player who missed all of last year due to a neck injury, and appeared in 11 games this year?...With that logic, why not extend Marcus Maye and resign Dee Milliner?...IMHO, spending guaranteed money on injury-prone players, rarely pays off...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. dmb88886

dmb88886 New Member

And this post is EXACTLY why it's maddening being a Jets fan and exactly why we have Big Mac, who is probably the worst GM I've ever seen in the sport. Guy has been one of the worst drafters and one of the worst in free agency you will ever find. And Jets fans and media keep mentioning "we can get out of the contract after 2 years, what a genius", not realizing that it's 1,000% meaningless.

In a rollover cap environment, it doesn't make any difference when you can get out of the contract. All that matters is how much is guaranteed. If you guaranteed $20M and can get out of the contract after 5 days vs getting out of it after 5 years, it's EXACTLY the same thing.

And EVERY GM knows how to structure contracts like that, it's just generally the norm. That guarantees go about 1-3 years into the future. That's how all contracts are structured.

We paid Enunwa a huge premium if he were on the open market, but you're supposed to get a good deal if you give him an extension before the season ends before he hits the market. It's insane how much they overpaid for him. Brandin Cooks just got $20M gtd on a 5 year $81M deal. Big Mac is as lost as it gets when it comes to GM'ing a team, and unfortunately the fanbase is just as lost, which is why we'll bring this loser back next year. Might as well keep Bowles, Big Mac is 1,000 times worse at his job and more damaging to the team than Bowles is. Both should have been fired years ago, but if we're going to keep Big Mac might as well keep Bowles another season and hope they are both fired next year.

This franchise is an embarrassment, and it's a lot to do with it's fans not understanding a lick about the sport. Very frustrating.

PJ4Ever, NYJetsO12 and CBG like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Solid piece of satire here.

TonyFtLaud, apjbfc and Sam Hammer like this.
  9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about the money but I can live with it IF they also re-sign Robby Anderson.

Robby Anderson is the only WR on this roster that keeps opposing d-coordinators up at night.

Mr mittens likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

I'm stunned at how much he got. I thought he was at best looking at a one year prove it deal this offseason coming off his two injury plagued seasons.

That said we knew they are gonna throw around crazy money this offseason might as well pay some of our own guys instead of only other team's free agents.

I can live with it if they also re-sign Robby. Thing is if Enunwa is worth that much what's Robby thinking right now? He's the #1, he's the one with the game changing speed.

CBG likes this.
  11. You dont think Enunwa wouldnt have done just as well if not better on the open market? Look at the projected free agency pool & tell me who’s legitimately better than him

Additionally what skilll player ISNT injury prone under the current CBA?? There isnt ample time for conditioning & to build endurance in a team setting.Hes a hybrid Wr/TE who plays very physical.Some injuries are part of the package.

Who were we getting for less $ who wouldve brought a similar if not a superior skillset before even considering hes a team leader,he has chemistry w Darnold & the fact that this team evaluates skill worth a shit?

Brad Smith.Braylon Edwards.Laverneus Coles.Sabtana Moss.Terrance Mathis.Rob Moore.

Team acts cheap & devalues skill & it always comes back to bite them.I for one am glad Enunwa wont be apart of that list.

BudJet, TonyFtLaud, nicg4360 and 4 others like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

If Enunwa after missing a season then missing 5 games the next season is worth 3/20 then Robby is worth about... 3/20.

He’s also under contract next season (tendered) so it doesn’t really matter what he thinks.

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

His haircut is kind of nightmare scary.

NYJetsO12 and Mr mittens like this.
  14. WarriorRB28

HAHAHAHA!

Good one.

You're a comedian?

If Enunwa is worth $20 million guaranteed Robby is good for $35-$40 million guaranteed.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Enunwa has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise horrendous Todd Bowles Era on offense. He was hurt in 2017, but had a really solid 2016 season and looked like he was going to have a great 2018 before injuries stopped that. Quincy is a solid #2 WR. The Jets still need a #1 WR, but I like the idea of Enunwa and Anderson back in 2019. He clearly needs to stay healthy, and hopefully he will, but it is a pretty fair contract for both sides. Darnold will continue to improve, hopefully the O-line and RB's too and another WR. If that happens, Enunwa could explode and his contract will look like a steal in the end.

PJ4Ever and BudJet like this.
  16. WarriorRB28

If they're already allowing MacCagnan to throw around crazy loot I think it's safe to say he's coming back.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I love those that are saying they dislike the contract when we don’t even know the terms of the contract. NFL contract are rarely as they are reported.

Bottom line is Q had to come back and now he’s one less to worry about as we head to the open market.

18. BroadwayAaron

Oh Lordy. This one ain’t worth pursuing.

apjbfc likes this.
  19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

You don't build a strong foundation by letting your best players walk. I'm not saying Q is a superstar but everyone complaining in this thread would be having a fit next year if he went somewhere else.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Brutal deal. Should of tried to sign him to a 1 year prove it deal. Not a bad player when healthy but he’s missed the last year and a half. A little ridiculous to reward a player who can’t stay healthy. Way too risky in my opinion....

NYJetsO12 likes this.