Quick Team Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by -MC-, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Michael Bush is Big (6'3" 250) and fast (4.5) and he can do whatever anyone would want him to do, he can power it up the middle for the tough yards, as well as bounce it outside and put some moves on Cornerbacks, or run them over, or maybe just outrun them.
    If he was healthy this year, he would easily be a top 5 pick, the thought that a guy like this is falling right to us, and we pass on him, is making me go crazy.
    anyone who says "Michael Bush isn't good" obviously never saw him play last year(05-06), or in that first game prior to that injury, some might not know, he had a TD and a couple long runs prior to the injury, and he was in the process of like a 10 yard run before the defender intentionally hurt him, the guy can play, and if he plays like I expect in the NFL, he will be a beast, which he was in college, you just didn't have the privilege to see him play,JFIP.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Thank you for finally making a coherent argument.

I did see him play a few times, and he was good in college. However, there is something about his running style that I don't like. Plus, he's 6-3. Backs that tall don't normally adjust that well into the NFL. I think his bust potential is pretty high.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Michael Bush's size is what made him successful in COLLEGE. His size wont be that much of an advantage in the pros with the better tackling. There's no way he'll be able to bowl over guys like he did in college. Being a top 5 pick is rather, no not rather, EXTREMELY generous for him if he were healthy. Adrian Peterson is better than him NO QUESTION. Just because a guy was good in college does not give great indication that he will be good in the NFL. I also like michael bush and i think he has great potential. But i dont think he will be a beast and a top running back right away. You're taking this to extreme measures.

4. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

saying he has bust potential can be said about any player in this draft, so I won't really pay attention to that

but this guy can get low like a 5'9" RB, I'm not saying there is no chance this kid will bust, and that he will be god in a football uniform, but what I'm saying is, this kid has the potential to be a great player in this league, and I would love it, if he were so, part of the New York Jets, and not any of the other 31 teams

5. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

No ahhhh!! All of my DB's are getting taken. I was REALLY hoping Rouse would be there with my Pats pick, like he was the one main guy I was focusing on. Nice pick for Seattle. There is just ONE more guy I want, and if he is taken before my pick I am gonna be really angry lol.

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

jasonjets,

what do you think of brian leonard and do you like him for the patriots?

7. JetFanInPA

A 6-3 RB can get low like a 5-9 RB? Thats a 7 inch difference there...

And when I say bust potential, I should have stated HIGH bust potential.

8. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

I never said he will be a top running back right away, nor did I say he will be a beast like he was in college, I said he had very legitimate potential to be so, now you are typing words on my keyboard :)wink:) , and yes, actually, he was a possible top 5 pick, because he would've been head and shoulders above Irons and lynch if he'd had been healthy, making him a top pick. Maybe not top 5, but definetly top 15

9. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

again, you can say that about any 'ole runningback in the draft, so I won't take that into account.

10. JetFanInPA

Well his height makes me say that and take it into account.

And how is it that he, a 6-3 RB, can get low like a 5-9 RB?

11. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

I love Leonard as a player, but sadly he does not fit the scheme for the Patriots. They don't really run with their FB's or throw to them, which are Leonards best qualities. Leonard would be used as a RB for the Pats, and they already have similar players like Kevin Faulk and Heath Evans that do the same kind of thing as Leonard.

12. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

good to know thanks.

13. JetFanInPA

So our pick at 57 is Brian Leonard, eh?

14. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Lol, that is what I was thinking...

15. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

lol its a possibility.

i asked that question because i felt the patriots were the team most into drafting leonard. now i know that they arent... aka leonard might fall.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Zach Miller baby!!!! The guy might even go in the first round, what a value here at pick # 56!

Leon Hall in round one and Zach Miller in round two. With two third rounders the Denver Broncos will be back in the playoffs if they keep drafting like this.

For the guy who said that I was hating on Hawaii, how do you take Satale when Miller is still on the board?

17. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Wow, you really are getting some great picks. I can't believe people are passing one some of these guys. You have had a wonderful draft.

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I thnik I did pretty well for the Steelers with Levi Brown and Eric Weddle but I was very surprised to see the guys available when I picked for the Broncos.

19. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Ok guys, -MC- is up next, ready to yell at him?

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

First of all I didn't say you were hating on Hawaii, that was ViLmaFaN.....

Second of all, I thought Satele was a perfect fit for the Titans, and Zach Miller ehhh not so much, but good pick for the Broncos