Question for you Tebow nuts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Remember John Elway and "The Drive" ? AFCC game against the Cleveland Browns ? That game wouldn't have been won without Rich Karlis's FG in OT. Then again, that game wouldn't have been won without Cleveland's 3 turnovers in succession.

Amazing isn't it ? That a HoF QB actually won some games due to his team's kicker and turnovers from the other team ??

2. maxpower

maxpower New Member

ah yes, you are right, but was Karlis' kicks WELL over 50 because Elway couldnt drive? oh wait. What about all the other games those years that elway did win, lots of times at his own hands. But again.....all Timmy

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

What was Elway's record his first 16 games?

Tim Tebow and John Elway: A Comparison Through Their First Five Games

#103 catsigater, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. maxpower

maxpower New Member

and im not saying he's a bust, but to say he WAS responsible for the wins is crazy, as is to compare him to any HOF compare as well.

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

And I'm not saying he'll ever be close to an HOFer. The point is, no one remembers all the crazy stuff that happened for Elway to get the credit for some of his comebacks, either.

#105 catsigater, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. Tebow>Sanchize

No actually Timmy did move the ball, but Foxy kept making the decision to run the ball 3 times up the middle and kick long field goals. You do recall how Tim's moving of the football set records in the playoffs against the Steelers, right?

7. Demosthenes9

Looking back, Karlis had 18 attempts at over 50 yards in his 6 years in Denver.

As for Prater, he had a grand total of 4 attempts over 50 yards last year. Back in 2008, with Cutler as the QB, he had 6 attempts.

8. Demosthenes9

Exactly. People forget that even HoF QBs had to have help and have some "lucky bounces" here and there for things to go their way at times.

It's not like all of John Elway's comebacks were high scoring shootouts.

9. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

here here #1 JETS fan

10. TTTTebowAndTheJets

you respond to 10 random posts, some from over a month ago, with random drivel?

11. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

Padding posts to get to the magical 50.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

So Karlis averaged 3 attempts of 50+ per year, while Prater had 4 attempts of 50+ yards in the 11 games Tebow started?

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Ur math looks right to me.

14. Demosthenes9

No, Prater had 4 attempts of 50+ yards for the season. His first of such was from 56 yards against the Raiders, with Kyle Orton as QB.

BTW, nice to average 6 years and compare it to 1 year like that.

:)

15. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Why do you hate math so much? Oh, because it makes sense. :rofl2:

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow does not decide when to kick a FG. Besides, if you have a good FG kicker, why not use him? Oh let me guess, if Tebow is the QB, then FGs are a bad way to end a drive.

17. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I would never be one to say the Broncos last year only won because of Tebow. That would never be true about any QB on a team - although I do wonder about the fall of the Colts.

I will add this for the people who are saying or suggesting the Broncos won in spite of Tebow. While Tebow was on the roster the team was 4-14 when he didn't start. They were 9-7 with him starting. To suggest he only won because of the Broncos defense is just idiotic. The Broncos were ranked 20th in the NFL in yards allowed last year in regular season and 11th out of 12 teams in post season. It was the same defense that was 4-14. The Broncos had also lost the previous 8 games the year before but I won't use that as it would be cherry picking after they won the first 8 that year.

We are talking about the worst team in the NFL at the time. To suggest he had nothing or little to do with helping them win isn't even sane. Other than that, the kid needs to improve if he intends to carry on as a QB.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That's the heart of all these arguments. Anyone who can't see the above is true is fooling themselves.

19. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

I have made these similiar points in other posts, and have gotten no response to them. I suggest you will get no response to these points either, because there is no logical argument against it. Those arguing against this will mysteriously disappear, then rear the heads with their same stale talking points in another thread.
    When you go from the worst team in the NFL to instantly winning the division title and a playoff game, and the only change is at QB, I think that qb deserves a lil credit, not to be ridiculed, and to have his wins excused away by luck, or bounces of the ball.

20. Demosthenes9

I don't hate math at all. Then again, I'm smart enough to know that if you take 18 attempts over 6 years, that could be 3 years with 6 attempts each, and 3 years with no attempts.

Only a freaking idiot would compare the the average over 6 years to a single season sample.

So, the better question would be, why do you misuse math so much ?