QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I am against a round one QB this next draft as well but would you actually be happy with Mariota? he seems to have the same talent as geno to me just faster.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't dislike Mariota but I don't think its fair to him to put him in this offense at its current time. We need to build the foundation around and I would prefer a good backup and someone used to being a backup QB like a Matt Moore for instance.

Maybe if you entertain having Mariota learn while Geno plays then maybe but I think positions like WR and OG/OT need to be addressed this offseason.

I really want a good WR in Round 1 if we're picking that high up there. Cooper fits the billing.

NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

yes you dont like so much the LT on first round route right?

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No I don't mind that but I think the one LT worth taking with such a high pick will be a Jaguar or with another team picking ahead of the Jets.

I think the tackles we have now will be on the roster in 2015.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cooper, Decker and Amaro. Not too bad if you ask me. Way things are looking, I hope this kid is available for us. Maybe Geno becomes a decent QB with those 3 guys catching passes.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Are folks still on the Bryce Petty bandwagon?

_

7. JStokes

Also Connor Cook is not looking great today. Missing a lot of throws and displaying poor footwork.

Not over yet.

_

8. JStokes

Actually Cook just put together a really nice drive. Accurate throws into some really tight windows but the commentators are putting a lot of that on how young and inexperienced the Indiana secondary is. Two of them could have been picked.

Big kid, nice arm, poor mechanics, playing out of the shot gun a lot.

_

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cook picked his game up after a slow start, but the kid can make some REALLY nice throws in small windows. He's still got more to go, but the kid has the ability to be a good QB at the NFL level. Footwork / mechanics needs work, but the kid is very coachable. He's kept a lot of drives alive today.

Playing out of the gun isn't a worry - they still run a pro offense - there were a few plays with him bootlegging and making good throws on the run.

10. JETSrealMCCOY!

Petty def had a shitty day but maybe not a bad thing might make him slip in the draft. He might be a good guy to bring in, big guy, and maybe a NFL future???

11. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Mechanics are fairly easy to fix; look at what the Jags did with Bortles' s lower-half , mechanics.

I like Cooks as a prospect, and if Mariota or Cooper are out of range I wouldn't mind him .

12. JETSrealMCCOY!

I like Cooks also. Looked good today in Indiana especially in the second half.

13. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

So what's going on with Sean Mannion this year? He was one of the ones to watch this year for the draft and he seems to be imploding. Would you take a mid-late round flyer on him if we get T or Cooper in the first round and Cooks waits for next year? Speaking of, who are the QBs that'll be eligible/big NFL prospects next year? What do you guys think of Goff in a year or two?

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yea he didn't look good when I watched him. No, I would pass. If a guy isn't looking good in college then he's never gonna become a starting QB in the nfl.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Cook. Is he a lock Top 10-15 pick?

16. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Found this from Josh Norris, who's a media scout:

Believe it or not, this was just the second time this season that Cook cracked 300 yards passing. Cook looks outstanding in a clean pocket, waiting for breakout WR Tony Lippett to get a step on his defender, but he gambles a bit too much at this juncture in his career for our liking. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Cook as the No. 4 draft-eligible QB. "Has to improve how he manages the pocket. Has to," Norris wrote. "But on a team that will keep him clean on most snaps in the pocket, Cook will have success. That is an unrealistic scenario to ask for.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If he if he was so bad why did he break Romos records and why did that hall of famer BB take him........worse still we had a shot at signing him

18. NYJetsO12

Best post, my friend. QB is uber important position

19. NYJetsO12

Omg ...we will regret that one. Does no one deny how good a Romo is????? Well JG broke his records. A 2014 keeper we lost toTHE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Mid first for sure, may even top ten.

You never know with Quarterbacks who would have thought Bortles have gone top three last year?