QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

My awesome Syracuse Orangemen gave them a hell of a game this year. What are you talking about?!? :D

_

2. JStokes

Wait, a QB threw 4 INTs today to a vastly inferior team that missed 3 FGs and couldnt score but you don't think the QB won that game?

_

Matty Jets likes this.
  3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Notre Dame too and that defense as expected folded up big time and they had Wisnton clamped up for a half and was 1 play away from winning that game in Florida St :(

Back when the Irish were kinda alright. Feels like ages ago.

4. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

If no Mariota, hopefully snag Cooper or best available O line and Nick Marshall in the second. That boy good.

5. JStokes

Geezuz every throw looks effortless. Tight release, tight spiral, on the money, accurate.

Mariota looks sensational.

_

6. JStokes

I wish he'd stop running so much though.

_

7. JStokes

Another easy TD pass. 6 total TDs.

Gotta figure Mariota has the Heisman wrapped up.

_

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Did you look at who they have played this year? The Seminoles played a weak schedule and Winston could not even dominate it. He has led comebacks but that is because his mistakes let them fall behind. He has regressed a great deal from last year, against sub-par competition he should have been playing much better.

All that and we have not even addressed his behavior off the field. He can't do the team any good if he is not on the field and while FSU may let him keep playing no matter what he pulls that will not fly in the NFL. He might skate on everything he has been involved in so far but that will probably just embolden him to pull more shit.

If they go QB 1st round I want Mariotta, I think he is going to have a much better career even if he needs a year or 2 on the bench to hone his game.

I am hoping we see Oregon V FSU in the playoffs so we can see them go head to head.

FJF likes this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Look at who they played? I was at every home game and watched every away game. I went to school there

10. The Waterboy

So then you know he played against a very weak schedule.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I never said he didn't.

12. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

If the jets traded next years 1st round and this years 2nd to move up and get Mariota I wouldn't even be mad. I'm not saying I want them too, but if it happens I won't be upset.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

4 interceptions in one game by Jameis. He will be a bust in the NFL. Hope y'all see that now.

14. The Waterboy

The only team I see that will be looking to draft a QB that may be drafting in front of the Jets is Tampa and I think Lovie Smith would take Winston due to the Florida connection. Jax, Oak., and Tenn all have young QB's that either haven't had there shot yet or haven't screwed the pooch yet. Car. is going to stick with Cam for now, Giants are not done with Eli. Washington may look to make a change but even if they do don't think they will pick before the Jets.

All that said, even if there are teams picking ahead that may take Mariotta then they should go OL or WR if he is not available. Then go BPA to fill the many holes and get the team ready for Connor Cook in '16. No more trading up.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I could still see the Titans drafting a Qb if they get infatuated with Mariota. Luckily they have a pretty easy schedule which includes a game vs. the Jags and a game vs. the Jets, so hopefully we will draft ahead of them.

16. The Waterboy

I am thinking Mettenberger has had a decent enough start that they wouldn't use a 1st on another QB. Hopefully they win enough games and we don't have to worry about them making that choice.

74 likes this.
  17. JStokes

100%. They really like him in Nashville and but for his ACL injury last year he might have been a late first early 2nd by draft day (had he had a good combine). He's a 2nd rounder in a 6th round body.

_

18. JStokes

I'm always hesitant to give up a first but this guy has been so good, he looks like such a special player, for a team so bereft of talent at the position for decades, you gotta pull the plug.

I get we have so many holes to fill, that's what $22 mill in cap space is for.

_

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If the Jets can get either Mariota, Cooper, or Brandon Scherff with our top pick then I will be very happy.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  20. JStokes

As truly great as Cooper is, and he was a monster last nite, if we don't get Mariota I'll be extremely disappointed.

_