QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

winston on saturday is a first overall no brainer, sunday - friday is killing him though.

Brook! and TonyMaC like this.
  2. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Now this I will agree with.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If The Jets are actually sitting on the 5 one of the two QB's will be there for them and that's probably who they should take. I think they're going to be on the 9 though.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

At what point do you tell us all that Mariota is only going to measure in at 5-11 at the combine and word in NFL camps is Winston had a sex change operation at 14 but his management team is trying to squash those reports?

_

5. Gunther

Gunther Member

We have to do everything possible to get that qb who was screaming fuck her right in the pussy. Besides being funny he is the truth. He is a better big Ben.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, you are the champion of quarterbacks behaving badly and defender of men getting raped in prison. Why am I not surprised about this post?

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we don't get a QB this draft we are fucked for the future anyway. I want to see the Jets win a SB in my lifetime. I'd rather gamble and miss than sit back and watch the next great QB in TB while we draft a LT and still don't have a QB. Get Marriotta, the good news is the Jets are dreadful and may not have to trade up at all but if they have to do whatever it takes to get the QB this offseason.

8. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Bottom line is no matter what QB they get I hope that they can bring in an innovative offensive mind. Two that come to mind are Kyle Shanahan (RG3 rookie season) and Gus Malzahn who seems to always run great offenses.

almbleamal likes this.
  9. abyzmul

This is the mentality that has gotten us every drafted QB in the past two decades. They keep drafting QBs who are suck to average. Some day they may break the cycle of forcing themselves into drafting that position in off years, but if they go QB this year, it's just perpetuating that cycle.

They need to lay off the fools gold.

10. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Art Briles and Bryce Petty? Bad idea or good idea? They've had a top 3 Offense for the past 3 years. Ill take that package deal.

Im learning so anyone who will dispute this please go over. Thanks.

11. Attackett

Well that is if you believe the QB in this draft sucks, which I absolutely do not. Obviously I am no draft scout but I do follow college football and the draft very closely and I am a huge fan and believer that Mariotta will be the next great QB. I believe he is the best QB prospect in years and on the immediate horizon.

almbleamal likes this.
  12. Attackett

Yes, very much agree with this. My only hope for this offseason is to get the right CS with the right QB and build from there. My dream offseason is Malzahn and Mariotta.

13. abyzmul

That's always the case with a fast QB who throws decent passes to wide open receivers. He'll change the game.

Meanwhile, the only lead pipe locks are pocket passers with some mobility. Idiot quarterbacks that make great comebacks against shitty teams and run first QBs who can't hit a wide open receiver in the numbers.

This is the cream of the 2015 crop.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Connor Cook (if he comes out ...... in the draft)

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I really like this kid, me and you both are on the Cook bandwagon. If he finishes the year strong and a team guarantees he will be drafted within the first 10-15 picks, he could come out. I want this kid as our QB - the kid can sling the freaking ball and it looks so effortless.

Knows the pro offense + strong arm + can throw on the run + ball placement skills

As soon as he fixes some of the footwork in the pocket, he's going to be even more dangerous.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  16. Attackett

You don't know a thing about Mariotta if you think he is just a fast QB that hits wide open receivers. I'll go as far as saying there has never been a QB prospect quite like him before.

17. abyzmul

If I had a dime for every time I read someone calling a prospect unique, I'd buy a new Corvette Stingray.

I watch Mariota (and yes, that's how you spell his name) as much as I can, along with Jamarcus Winston, because I am tired of getting caught off guard by drafted QB on this team.

Marcus has a great head on his shoulders and reads the field like you want a QB to... he rolls out well, but it seems to me that most of his rollouts he's by himself, sees the open man and makes a throw that you would never, ever want an NFL QB to make. Whether it's off both of his back heels, the side of his foot, feet square to the LOS...

But the guys he sees are mostly wide open, sometimes covered. When they are covered, he does a good job of throwing the ball in a place where the defender has to adjust his body to catch, but most times it's not where the receiver can just snatch the ball.

I think he's a really smart QB, but he's not being prepared for the next step, which is the NFL game, not even close. Their coaches are being lazy and depending on his athletics and instincts.

Don't tell me I don't know a thing about him. You don't even know how to spell his name.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Cook has legit feetwork issues and accuracy issues, if he does declare(Which would be a mistake and he would be smart to stick in school) he needs to be handed with patience, something this fanbase is not known for.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

His footwork is the only thing holding him back right now. Another season of schooling will do good for him. The kid can still throw well on the run, has a very strong arm, and has experience running a pro-offense so he's got the basics down, he just needs refinement. I don't think he's inaccurate at all (any inaccuracies do come from his footwork) - he's got good ball placement skills.

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If Mariota is gone when we draft in the 1st I think we should take a look at Bryce Petty in the second round and take Amari Cooper with our 1st.