QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Sounds like a win-win-win scenario here. Very well thought up. Pete Carroll gets his old QB back, which allows Sanchez to develop in the proper environment. The Jets will save some cap money with the restructure, and they will ship Sanchez out and bring in a QB who might work out for us. We could have a real QB competition similar to Seattle next year between GMac, Flynn, and whatever 2nd-4th round rookie we can get our hands on.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This.. I don't understand the love fest for Matt Flynn. He was a product of that Packers' system. Keep McElroy and Mark and have em battle it out with a veteran.

3. MexicanJet

THIS. This is what they should have done with Mark.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This isn't win-win-win. The Seahawks already have an ok backup QB in Matt Flynn. They have a starter they're comfortable with in Russell Wilson. That dynamic is working for them. The last thing they need is to bring in another guy who is sure he should be the starter to replace the guy who already knows he got beat out. The offense is working, no time to rock the boat.

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

This is the least stupid thing I've read on this MB in two days, and that includes my posts. Well done.

6. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Alex Smith was great this year before the concussion. He's the ultimate game changer, a rich man's Trent Dilfer imo. I say cut Tebow, keep Sanchez as the backup for one season so we can cut him next year and give a real NFL qb a shot with this team.

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I still wouldn't put that much stock in Flynn as some of you have. The Dolphins could've had him easily in what seemed to be a great situation.

They low-balled the offer to him because evidently they didn't think he was that much of an upgrade (if at all) over Moore.

Bottom line -If Philbin wanted to bring him along from GB where they worked together, he would have been a Dolphin.

8. BookEndTackles 72&79

Don't you think that line of thinking cuts both ways?? Flynn would welcome a trade to a place he can be a starter and I'm sure he would push for it. Sure, the team holds the cards but there is plenty of benefit to Seattle in a trade like this which you simply ignore or don't even address for your own argument.

9. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

If Rex Ryan is still here I think they will be looking hard at Alex Smith. He is a veteran which Ryan seems to like and the last couple years he has been very good at limiting turnovers which kill ball control offenses like the Jets run.

10. MexicanJet

Alex Smith.. LOL.

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

All I wanted to say is I'm not a fan of all this Vick talk. I respect his athletic ability and maybe he isn't completely done but I hope he doesn't come here. He's pretty bad on turnovers (not Sanchez bad but bad nonetheless), injury prone, he's not old by he's not all that young either and he'd probably bring more negative media circus type attention.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Vick would fit perfect for us. His line in Philly just down right sucks. If u give Vick time he will kill u. It doesn't matter who they bring in the media is going to be crazy.

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the opposite. Vick is a turnover prone QB who also has an injury history. Jets need to make sure they've got a backup QB ready to step in there & play lots of games if necessary. Sanchez sucks, Tebow is gonna leave & McElroy is unknown.

Also, turnover-prone QB need to put up points to justify their presence. Unfortunately, I don't think Jets have the skill position talent (WR/TE/RB) to help Vick consistently outscore his turnover impact.

In addition, Vick is an idiot. Can we trust him in a locker room where egos are allowed to run out of control? Can we trust Vick to be disciplined as a football player in the NYC market & night life? I don't think so.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Two words:

Fuck Vick.

It even rhymes!

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Vick is a moron the Jets do not need. Already, he is saying if he comes to the Jets he wants to make more money than Sanchez to qualify him as the number one QB.

How about putting numbers up and letting your play determine your pay. The Jets need to make a 360 degree turn from their usual shenanigans and steer as far from Vick as possible.

16. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez...LOL what direction would you go besides laughing at our best one?

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

he isn't worth the kind of money he is gonna want but either is Sanchez, Id take my chances with Vick over Sanchez but there is also no guarntee the Eagles are just gonna cut him they are gonna look to trade him and depending on what they will be asking for id sit in the weeds on it

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just honestly don't see Seattle doing anything at all to mess with their QB situation given that they have a starter who is playing well and a backup they wouldn't mind having on the field if the starter went down.

Yeah Flynn has a high cap number and salary for a backup but Wilson has low numbers due to being a mid-round pick. They can carry Flynn's deal for a year more.

The only move I think they might make around Flynn is if somebody offered them a real draft pick for him. If they're offered a 3rd round pick or better they might move him. I doubt that happens.

Mark Sanchez is toxic right now. Nobody wants to bring that onto their team without really thinking things out. I suspect Arizona might take the plunge if Sanchez was a cut they could sign for vet minimum. They'd be bringing him in to compete but with no idea if he was toast or not. If not they're golden.

I could also maybe see the Raiders taking a shot at him as a backup if he was vet minimum territory.

I really don't think any other team in the league is going to look at him next year. Maybe a couple of years down the road in a backup role but he's way too toxic right now to be worth much next year except to a desperate team at low cost.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

360 turn would leave you at where you started.

Try it yourself. You'd understand when you do it.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah, that totally rhymes. You should write a hip hop album.