QB - Now/Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Nov 24, 2023.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Tell you what, if JD wants to generate some MUCH NEEDED credibility, he fires Saleh and brings in a guy like Bienemy. Screw what Rodgers thinks. He is NOT the future and he is NOT going to take us to a SB next year. So, what's best for the team is what needs doing. If JD doesn't have the stones then Woody needs to get this done.

Of course, the one caveat is if Wilson plays the next 4 games, like he did Houston, then Bienemy becomes less of a talking point. We lose half or more of these remaining 4 games and Bienemy is a MUST HIRE!

2. mezzavo

:D:D LOL!

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on Bienemy. I'm not against it either. He certainly should know offensive systems, but is he equipped/suited to coaching players in them? Why hasn't he been hired if he's so good with the pedigree he has? That's a yellow flag at least for me. I think there are other offensive minded candidates out there, although I don't know enough about any of them or who might be available to say who I'd favor. But I do agree that unless Zach finishes the season playing like he did last week - even if they don't win, but they make games close - Saleh and his CS (maybe keep Ulbrich) should be fired and replaced.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. mezzavo

Considering he was a player, I have no doubt that Bienemy can relate to REAL players! Not the panty waists that are down there on the Commanders... I touched on this earlier. From what I've read, the ONLY reason he has not been given a H.C. gig is because everyone was CONVINCED that he was a nothing-burger in K.C. and that it was all Reid. Hence why he left that cushy gig in K.C. to go to the hell hole that is Washington.

As I also stated, after tuning into SiriusXM NFL channel the other day, my opinions have changed. Listening to a guy that played for him, talk about him, was all I needed to hear that the NY Football Jets MUST give this guy his shot! Again, barring the next 4 games looking like the Houston game as far as Wilson is concerned, he SHOULD be our next Head Coach. He's never been the top guy, wants to BE the top guy and has all the tools/experience to excel AS the top guy. Just one man's opinion.

#124 mezzavo, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty convincing, but what if there's a guy out there who was a HC before but got fired and who learned his lessons? Offhand I'm thinking of Reich, but there are probably others. The reason I lean towards a former HC is because that's a whole different level of responsibility - as Saleh has found out. That said, I hear what you're saying about Bienemy and he's certainly a strong candidate IMO.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm not sold on saleh but i'm not sold on eric b either. 1st time head coaches are always a risk. being a head coach is way different then being an OC/DC. it's just like we seen with bowles. great DC, great guy, bad HC. saleh might be the same but i'm willing to wait another year and see how he does, eric B may be the same too.

7. mezzavo

I wouldn't kick Frank Reich to the curb either. I think he got a VERY raw deal in Carolina especially when you consider that all reports had him wanting C.J. with the 1st pick and NOT Young.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

reich is interesting for sure. hard to say if he was the success or just in good spots all the time though. i mean he was the colts QB coach and then WR coach but had manning/harrison. then was the cards WR coach and had fitzgerald, then was the chargers Qb coach with rivers, then the chargers OC with rivers, then to the colts with luck who retired after 1 year of reich getting there and he couldn't get the colts going however they were severely lacking talent at that point, went to a shitty rebuilding panthers team who seems like they really whiffed on their rookie QB so far and a guy reich didn't want, meanwhile the guy he wanted looks great so far. So it's pretty tough to say if he is actually good or just really lucky/unlucky. he's never had to develop a QB until carolina and it didn't look good but he didn't get enough time to be fair to him. he's never ran an offense well without having an elite QB so it's a pretty tough call for me. too bad we didn't fire rex and go after reid a decade ago