QB - Now/Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Nov 24, 2023.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Spot on. Wilson has more evidence of being bad than Lance/Rosen had. It makes selling the reclamation project angle more difficult.

The move was to trade Zach during last season or shortly after it. Two seasons is enough to know whether a guy is the guy or not. JD's pride prohibited him from doing that though.

JetsNation06 and Jets79 like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'd be interested to see what McVay could do with him. The Rams do love to trade their draft picks too so that's not a bad call, I could see it happening as they don't have anything behind Stafford going forward.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I hope you're right but I'm not counting on getting anything of value for Zach.

I'd build JD a statue in front of MetLife if he gets a 3rd or a 4th for Zach.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but I realized after that LaFleur is the OC. He’s not gonna wanna go through that again

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Probably true, but maybe McVay overrides him.

#65 KY Jets Fan, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Unless Rogers plans to play for 2 years, you HAVE to draft QB in round 1 if a guy like Daniels or Maye are there.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I can't imagine his value being lower then lance.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Lance only had 4 starts. There is still a glimmer of hope he can develop. Zach, not so much.

Whats a QB3 worth in the league again?

HomeoftheJets, Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lance also has ideal size for a QB, more than enough arm and strong documented running ability (and size to take the beating). It’s equally absurd that the 49ers spent so many resources to get him AND took him that high given his limited playing experience.

But I would agree that he comes with infinitely more upside at this point given Wilson’s likely known commodity status.

REVISion likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

true but he's injury prone and was awful when he played. it's rare for a team to give up on 3rd overall pick QB after they only started 4 games. I get that they got lucky with purdy being a stud as a 7th rounder but darnold beat hm out for the backup job and they traded him for a 4th. dobbs went for a 5th to one team and a 6th to another. darnold went for a 2nd+ rosen went for a 2nd. His value should be in that range of darnold, lance, rosen. he's still a 2nd overall pick who's only 24 and has less then 2 seasons starting experience who has elite arm talent. zachs issue is mental and someone will think they can fix him. teams are always desperate for QB help and he showed enough to at least be a backup in the league. He's just not a starter or what you expect from that high of a pick so he's hated more by jet fans. had he been a 4th rounder nobody would really complain

11. GasedAndConfused

he's the same height as zach and only 14lbs more. I wouldn't' call that ideal size at all. you make it sound like he's anthony richardson with the way you worded it

EDIT: just looked up the average QB size in the NFL and it's 6-3 220lbs so lance is average size. zach is slightly under weight but average height. richardson is 1" and 24lbs above the average and runs a sub 4.5 40time.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t really know how you can look at Wilson and Lance next to each other and think they’re even that close from a body weight perspective. But even if they are, Lance is built like a possession receiver and Wilson is not.

Height wise, I’ve seen Lance listed at 6’4” but that could be the NFL inflation. Wilson also clearly has trouble seeing over the line at times. We don’t know if Lance has that same problem realistically.

13. GasedAndConfused

NFL players are tough to tell their size from TV/pics only, especially in pads. they are always bigger then they appear to be. I just tried to find pics of them in warmup gear and I think part of the reason it's perceived that way is zach tends to wear a lot of clothing and loose clothing so it makes him look smaller.

here is metcalf in a uniform
    [​IMG]
    here is metcalf in workout gear
    [​IMG]

funny enough metcalf isn't that much bigger height/weight wise then lance and zach. he's just shredded with no body fat and freaklishly fast and strong. zach isn't a small guy by any means. he's pretty average overall and average height. it's not like doug flutie out there

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

metcalf could break Zach Wilson in half

We don’t need a shirtless pic of either

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Metcalf looks like the Rock on the field in pads so I don’t think that’s a good comparison.

16. GasedAndConfused

metcalf is a physical freak. the way you described lance was in the same way but he's not. he's just an average size QB with above average speed

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

They measure these guys at the combine man lol. Lance is a hair under 6'4 and Zach is a hair over 6'2.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Was he wearing platform shoes?

19. GasedAndConfused

the listing is weird on nfl.com with the rounding. but pro days have known to exaggerate a little for players too. thats why everyone goes off the combine. still it does seem lance is about an inch taller but it's not a huge difference between the 2. not like 1 is small and 1 is a freak athlete which was the original suggestion.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I missed exactly where I said he was a freak athlete? That’s your own interpretation to help your argument.