QB Letting Us Know we have Receivers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The way I see it this team still doesn't have a number 1 WR. I'm not sure any of the WR's currently playing can man that role?

It will be interesting to see if Enunwa can take the role of the number 1 guy. I don't believe we've seen that out of him yet?

Best case scenario if Enunwa can really hit the ground running as a number 1 next season, then I don't believe the Jets need to select WR's for a while. Robbie Anderson is becoming a dynamic player. The Jets already have many decent solutions to be the number 2 guy.

Anyway, this team has a wealth of talent at WR right now. This is an area where Mac should have little to no concern at all going into next season?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Q,kearse,Robbie all capable of playing slot and outside. Stewart and Hanson too. Very versatile group of WRs

abc and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think they're set. Anderson and Kearse have been a solid duo. Then there's Enunwa, who was looking great until his injury. Plus Hansen and Stewart are coming along. Oh, and still at least some hope for Peake.

abc, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe if Hack was playing, but nonsense regarding Petty. Petty is the one who made us aware of Anderson, and probably aided his development.

Royal Tee and abc like this.
  5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I did. I thought from day one that he had this kind of potential, but knew he had some learnin' to do. Kearse, I think, gets a lot of credit for his growth as a receiver. McCown too. Now if Robbie could learn to sound a bit better in interviews.......

NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I can't say enough about the giant steps forward Anderson has taken. Most impressively to me is that he's not a one-trick deep threat like I and many saw him as. He has been making plays all over the field. Hope he continues his work and progress.

NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's one of the reasons I was skeptical. I think he expresses himself athletically better than in the interview setting, and there's more to him than I thought. There's some great athletes like that.
    So he had to battle that prolly thru college and then the draft process. He deserves a lot of credit and so does the scout that brought him here.
    I was worried that he wouldn't become a better all around route runner too, but it looks like he's adjusted and that will open it up more for him, and it shows an understanding and willingness to do that too.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

If Q's progression continues on the same linear trajectory post injury he will EASILY be a #1. But we will all just have to wait and see how that progression goes. Let's first see if he's even going to get a contract in 2018, I hope he does.

Kearse is the easy one. Stick him in the slot and let him eat. He has been sooooo reliable this season.

Mr. Anderson... I'm going to start calling this guy Neo because he is The One (Trademarked 12/4/2017), We are watching a star being born, I believe that. That's something I was skeptical about saying last year but we have in this last half of the season watched Anderson run the full route tree not just some deep go 50/50 balls and he has excelled beyond expectations. Though this guy has a limiting factor that needs to be addressed. His weight. Can someone please get this guy a sandwich and make him finish it all before he goes out and plays with his friends. I don't want him to look like Q or anything but if he could get up to around AJ Green's size I would be content.

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that Petty's 14 completions to Robbie Anderson developed him more than what McCown has done for him this year.
    I'm sure McCown knows more about Pro football than Petty. Anyone who denies this is just being a McCown hater.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he worked with chad johnson in the offseason to improve his route tree. the difference is huge

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Anderson said that himself regarding McCown. McCown has meant a ton to him.

Truth is McCown is a true mentor in every sense of the word, even tho it tended to be an over used cliche, and even ridiculed at times, before we got to see what McCown is really about.

#31 Walt White, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    tbruner12 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's the things a vet QB can do for your team that a rookie can't. that's why mccown was worth every penny we paid him and then some.

tbruner12 and Walt White like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

While I agree with your assessment, Morton propensity to run down the gut over and over was also correctly challenged by McCown. You saw how fired up he was during the time out by the goal line. So he is using his experience to alter the play book when it needs be.
    My two cents in hind sight: had we gotten rid of both Gailey and Fitz last year and brought McCown and Morton here instead we would be light years ahead now.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  14. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Petty Should be the starter.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good chance Anderson made petty look not totally worthless.

16. abc

abc Well-Known Member

They're Both good young players who played well off each other... I'd rather they be allowed to continue to grow Together than allowing a 38yr journeyman to be at the helm... talk about stifling the growth of a team... sheesh :/

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I keep hearing this about Anderson, people want him to put on more weight. Why try and get him to bulk up more? He was 170 lbs last season and is up to 185-190 or so now and it is working for him. He has had some slight injuries, ankle and knee, but he has played in every game so don't think him being on the small side is hurting.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is complee and utter nonsense. Petty thew a couple 50/50 balls to Anderson last year, thats it. Hes running actual routes this year. Thats because of of Mcown.

FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No it isn't. If Anderson's actually running routes this season, it isn't Petty's fault that Anderson wasn't last season. The fact that Anderson made some big catches last season, gained in confidence and won the CS's trust, laid the foundation and is a big part of his continued growth this season.

abc likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I credit McCown and Ocho Cinco for Robby becoming a much better player. McCown with the timing in terms of routes and plays and Ocho Cinco worked with him in the off-season as well.

FJF likes this.