PSL News just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sect105, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

While I agree with this, I also think the majority of ticketbuying Jets fans probably agree with the overall concensus and opinion that we're reading here on this board, that being that this whole cockamamie PSL thing is way over the top and outlandishly unaffordable.

In other words, the random opinion samples we're reading here probably carry over almost identically to the entire general Jets ticketbuying public en masse.

You are among a small percentage of posters who say they are stepping up, intentionally pulling down their underwear and bending over for Woody's prostate procedure.

I'm not being judgemental of your decision to voluntarily take it up the keyster this way, but I am saying you seem to be in the minority and I think that percentage breakdown probably carries over to the Jets ticketbuying population in general.

It's therefore not inconceivable that the PSL sales are not going well and that we may see a price breakdown at some point prior to May. You might want to hold off awhile and wait and see what developes, because 17a is one of the first to have reported the contact from the Jets and others like myself will be following shortly.

If they encounter a stiff headwind, the prices might come down. I intend to outright ask them when I speak to them, as in, "Are these prices negotiable?"... just to see what they say.

In the meantime, I've got this mental image of Woody standing behind me telling me to bend over while he's slapping on rubber surgical gloves, and I've got to say I find the whole image quite disturbing.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just got off the phone with 'Nick'. Went through all my gripes (which were many), told him long term season tix holders were getting screwed by management, etc.

Also went through the whole 'how does Woody Johnson justify' charging 12.5K more per seat for a team that hasn't won the SB since 10,000 B.C. than the Giants in Sect 239. "The Jets structured it differently, no PSL in the Upper Deck..." "RIGHT. That's great for people who have ALWAYS SAT THERE. What does that do for ME?!" Crickets. Just kept going in circles. I finally said I prefer to sit relative to where I am, but since the Jets are going condo and bankrupting the average Joe out of years of loyalty, they're not doing me any favors. Told him in light of that, I'll sit for free.

So for all of that, I gave him my preference for first row midfield Sect 328/329, but 'he can't guarantee I'll get them'. Are you kidding me?! I almost hung up in his face. I was about to leave it 'write down where I said', but then he starts trying to wheel deal and deal me on Sect 143 & 134 to make it more palatable. "Those are on the TEN. I don't want to sit on the TEN. Basically this call is giving me first dibs on prime PSL and that's it. Just call me in May. Maybe I'll take a tour." He assures me PSL prices are not changing and they're selling very well, so I said that's nice, I'm sure they are - for Citicorp. Call me in May. What a bunch of shit.

I'm writing Woody Johnson some major hate mail. When I say 'major', I mean diplomatic but in high volume. I'll mail him like ten of the same one everyday until opening day in 2010. I hate the Jets.

3. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Wow. i am surprised at this. You would think that the people with their tickets the longest who don;t want the PSL would get choice of the prime UD seats at least.

4. Section 227. Row 5

I feel your pain but you are probably beating your head against the wall.

Are you saying that you just called them out of the blue or do you have a lot of seniority and were therefore contacted early on like 17a? The reason I'm asking is because my email from the Jets said I would be contacted the 2nd week in Feb (that's apparently when my turn come seniority-wise) and that I'll be given the "opportunity" at that time to be porked up the .... er.... I mean.... to be able to purchase the PSLs.

I don't know if I should call in advance and am wondering if you did... but it sounds like you got nowhere anyway and, even if I did call them, I've really got nothing to say except call me in May (as you did).

This whole thing is pretty freaking outrageous.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Well no, at least not now. The way it is outlined in the email, there are two phases. In the first phase, you get contacted (in of seniority) and offered the PSL seats. If you pass, you will be contacted in May for the second phase or go-around, which will basically be a call telling you "The best seats in the Upper that I have right now is Section 314, Row 17. Do you want them or not?"

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Too bad these sales aren't public record so we have some way of knowing if them saying "they're selling very well" is really legitimate. I know they're lying out their collective asses, but it would be nice to be able to say "bullshit, I know they're not selling based on these figures" or something along those lines.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Hey jeto,I dealt with Nick too. Look at his picture on the new stadium webpage.it helps to put a face with the fuckjob I mean voice

8. jetophile

No, I didn't make the initial contact or call them 'in advance'. This guy Nick called yesterday based on our 'seniority' - and guess what? - 17a and I have the same 'seniority ' even though my tix go back to '63, much as I said. I called back today and left a message for him, and then he returned my call.

So when all is said and done, good luck, Maria.

#168 jetophile, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  9. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I am on the waitlist and hope to finally get some seats to call my own at the games (I have bought season tickets on ebay for the last 3 years). Couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know the current capacity of the stadium vs the new capacity minus all the "club level seat" no one is going to buy? Is there a realistic chance that from the wait list I could get some of the 4-6K PSL seats? (I wouldn't want to sit in the upper uppers). Can people buy more tickets than they currently have?

2. Assuming I get a chance, how many tix should I buy? I have a new son, and my wife and I have been going to the games togehter. Should I just buy 3 PSLs now? Should I get 2 and assume we will be able to add another when he is old enough to go with us?

My final thought is all of those that have mez seats in the old stadium and are planning a move to the uppers. I suspect you are in for a rude awakeinig. The fans in each section are like night and day. The mez is WAY more family friendly. The uppers is like going to a zoo; expect smoking, fights, vomiting, and more swearing than you have ever heard anywhere else. It can be more fun that way, and many wouldn't trade that part of the "jets experience" for anything, but its a different kind of fun and probably not what you are used too if all you know is section 227.

10. Section 227. Row 5

It's been my experience on this board that the concept most difficult for season ticketholders to understand throughout this whole prostate procedure is that it has nothing to do with where you are sitting right now and everything to do with seniority.

That was somewhat ambiguous at first. Some guys (including me at first) were thinking you are "ranked" by both seniority and current seating position.

It's now obvious the only criteria is seniority, period. So, in your case, yes, you are being dealt a bad hand, but it ain't so bad afterall, because you have seniority.

How about a guy who has 4 tix on the 50 YL in Row 2 but has 4-5 years seniority because he bought them from somebody and when they transferred, he fell way back in line? He is screwed, blued and tatooed.

At least you still apparently have your seniority, which has a value, believe it or not, a tremendous value. So use it, PSL or no PSL. You can either take a really nice seat in the "Club" area and pay through the ass or wait and get a decent Upper, like me, and be up there with the new "Club," which will consist of all the old farts like Champ and me who all have something in common, we didn't bend over for Woody's prostate exam.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I know a lot more than Section 227, but thanks anyway.

What you need to be aware of is that the whole scene is changing... everything. Gone are the days of puking in the aisles and coke lines on the concrete spiral rails between decks.

The "zoo" in the Upper Deck will be gone because it will be inhabited by old-timers like myself who had lots of seniority. In fact, I picture it as quite a delightful section, perhaps the last remaining true Jets section, unlike being down in the PSL sections inhabited by out-of-towners, opposing team visitors and recipients of corporate perks who show up if they feel like it and the weather goes their way.

12. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Maybe the lower decks will turn into the party zones. Schmucks like me may just be able to take a train to the game and pick up a $400 ticket for $10 a few minutes after kickoff when the scalpers or even the ticket holders get desperate.

Go Jets, at a significant discount!

13. jetophile

Well, in my case, it has everything to do with both - at least as to 'business ethics' in my mind. My Daddy got great seats at Shea because he took a chance on a franchise that sukked balls from the very beginning. He was a Polo ground hold over. For many years after SB III, the Jets consequently sukked balls with some bright spots and much ball sukking in between. You don't just stick with a team because they win, but of course you do in hope you'll see glory some day. Now the Jets have rewarded that memory by telling me and others like me to sukk balls.

I don't feel much pity for some guy who got them from someone else and feels 'ripped off' because although his seats are great, he's only had them 4 or 5 years. We may differ on that, but that's OK. That's what discussion is for.

EDIT: And before someone chimes in that 'football is a business, and owners own to teams to make money, blah blah', no kidding. Capitalism rules. However, the Jets could have handled this world's better instead of being just as inept off the field as they are on it.

#173 jetophile, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

are you completely nuts? Those rates are fantastic considering the risk of the loan

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude , you called alleycat a cheap bastard? hahahaha You sound like my grandmother going to the movies.

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Are you going to tell me to sit down when I'm cheering for the D? :wink:
    Dead on.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

A rally was held at the pre-season game between the Jets/Giants. The Jets were the home team. The game itself was crowded, especially for a pre-season game. It was Favre's first appearance in Jets green.

I never heard how the rally turned out though. I did not attend it myself.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ok here is what i was told. first is seniority. if you do not accept the PSL's then the people with #1 seniority already in the upper deck will have seniority over people also with #1 seniroirty who are coming from the lower level or mezz.so on and so forth.
    the order for all the people seniority jan 1 1977 went in alphabetical order.than they continued with join date.

after the psl's and its time for the uppers, jan 1st 1977 seniority already in the uppers will get 1st crack then the lower and mezz get there crack then the remaining season tix holders by join on date.

i think i just said the same thing twice but i cant seem to explain it by typing.

19. mreeve1128

mreeve1128 New Member

hey all, I'm new to the board, but a long time reader.

If Philadelphia is any example, this is exactly what will happen. Some friends of mine had season tickets at the Vet for about 3 years before it closed (and LFF opened up) and they got screwed because of the number of people who moved up from the lower levels was enormous. Because of the fact that they had only been season ticket holders for three years or so, all of the long timers got first crack at seats it seemed. By the time the ticket office got around to them, the upper levels were sold out and the only tickets they were offered were lower level seats with a higher license fee. Needless to say, they couldn't afford the lower seats and were shut out. The upper decks at LFF are now filled with a lot of the folks who used to sit lower in the Vet.

meanwhile, here I sit in NJ languishing on the Jets wait list.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I really hope the info U have posted is factual since I have owned UD seats since 65 (77 to the NYJs).

Thanks for the posting