PSL News just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sect105, Jan 22, 2009.

1. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Easy eat,drink and be merry watching another team play football on Sundays.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If the games are blacked out it means tickets are available and you can drive to the stadium and get them, no PSL. I don't see that happening, but that was the case pre-1978 for the most part.

3. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I can't see games being blacked out. I think they'd change the rules before that happened.

So I've been going for 12+ years and loving this team. But I swear - if they price me out of the stadium I'm so willing to toss a few thousand per year at, and then black out the games, too, I think at that point I ask myself exactly why I'm even following this team. That's like a beaten spouse coming home for more each night.

4. Italian Seafood

Logic would tell you they can't do both, think it through. Blacking out games means they aren't sold out, which means tickets are available within 72 hours of game time, which means you can most likely get them for less than $50 outside or face value at the window. If they aren't selling out, there is no way they stick to their pricing and PSL requirements and sit there with unsold seats when there is a market for them.

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Guys any PSL that is not sold the Jets will do what every other team does that have PSL's that are not 100% sold out and put the tickets up for general sale. Of course they will do this through Ticketmaster with the extra $25-50 in fees but they will still be snatched up and sold out almost immediately upon release.

There will always be a demand for Jets lowers , even if there is not a demand for the PSL, See the Jets really cannot lose here. If you want the guarantee you buy the PSL, if you do not buy the PSL the Jets will have no problem selling the seats per game.

I was able to snag lowers once for the Panthers a few years back during the general onsale but usually you get uppers right away, if you throw them back and try again you will be out of luck as they will be sold out.

The Jets will not be blacked out, The NFL nor the Jets would allow it.

6. Italian Seafood

Yeah, it will be like the airlines--you're sitting in a seat you paid $120 for next to a guy who laid out 10Gs for his.

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

That is a perfect analogy...And the ones who wait the longest will most likely be the biggest winners in this game.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

or they could cover large portions of the club seats like they do in jacksonville, now THAT would be some funny shit!

9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

As if people aren't already in a shitload of debt, here comes another scam to make the rich richer and send more people into the poor house. The way this team has been playing the past four decades, they should be offering price cuts on tickets, not this cash grab bullshit.

Paying for a license fee with interest on top of it in a depressed market to watch a pee-wee level team goes well beyond the realm of stupidity. But then again, there's a sucker born every minute.