PSL News just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sect105, Jan 22, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes according to what I received from the NYJs anyone with seniority after 1983 will be shut out from the no PSL UD

2. championjets69

Yes after reading 17A post I was most suprised to receive my sons report which as you mentioned is totally different from his post.

No he said there are about 3,000 accounts that have a beginning seniority of 01/01/77 not before 01/01/77

3. championjets69

According to what is in the book my son received from the NYJs they expect that the UD will be full with season tix holders from 77 thru 83 meaning anyone later then 1983 will need to purchase some kind of PSL or just not go sorry to say.

Please do not get angry at me for this news I am only telling U what is printed in the book. Once U get ur book U will see that paragraph as well concerning who will fill up the UD

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Why would I get angry with you over that, Champ? I've never been one to "shoot the messenger."

So, if this is accurate (and does come to pass), then I might get shut out and my attitude will be, if I get shut out I get shut out. I still can't (and won't) justify spending a lot of money on the PSLs and especially the ticket prices.

It's gotten very expensive for me to be buying the 4 season tix in the Mezz anyway. This would just be the final blow for me. So no thanks Woody.

5. championjets69

I'm glad U feel that way when some one gives U news U do not wish to hear

There is a little blurb towards the back of the book down towards the bottom of the page where you will find that paragraph when U get urs. Bear in mind this is only there estimate based on the # of accounts between 01/01/77 & 1983. Some of those will probably take PSLs which will open up some seats. Others will refuse to pay the UD seat prices & opt out.

Based on what they told my son that there are 3,000 accounts dated 01/01/77 & if you go on the theory that every season tix holder has 4 seats that means 12,000 seats would be accounted for with the 01/01/77 people if NOBODY opts out or takes a PSL. Then the other 15,000 available UD seats will be fill up with 78 & forward season tix holders.

Again regret the bad news based on the NYJ estimate for all those beyond 83 that are hoping for non PSL seats

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

According to your above posts and assuming every single account holder they contact goes PSL-free Upper, I'm cutting it close with my start date.

But I find it quite interesting that the Jets can say right now with such absolute certainty that everyone after 1983 is out. Since when and how do they know this is the case? They haven't even been able to get a handle on the sale of their supposedly most desirable premium Club seats, having had to embarrassingly abort the cockamamie eBay auction on them in mid-stream.

Now they're so sure the Uppers will be gone that they put it in writing in their brochure? It smacks of a ploy to induce more people to buy their PSLs on the first go-around, for fear they'll be shut out entirely. "If you don't buy a PSL somewhere, with your account number, you'll be out entirely."

My account still begins with "01," so I'm hoping I'll be okay. And if not, I'm willing to roll the dice on it. My lifestyle today is such that I'm not desperately concerned about being cast aside. In retirement, I have plans on being in FL 6 months out of the year and the other 6 months at the Jersey shore, so I'm not going crazy over what the Jets do or don't do with me.

It just seems like an odd way of treating a lifelong Jets fan and season Mezz ticketholder for 24 years.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That isn't what you wrote, but this is so screwed up, it almost doesn't matter. Who can keep anything straight at this point? Not the Jets. Let's start there.

Hey, Champ, do me a favor, will you? Can you please post your son's old BIHW (Burn In Hell Woody) avatar? You know, the one with the close-up of an ant or a giant insect with a helmet on (or whatever that thing was)? It would amuse me. And I need some amusement. Badly.

#227 jetophile, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight championjets69. I was hoping to be able to handle a PSL, but my seats (6) are Lower End Zone, and while the entire deal is obviously a rip-off, I thought the 5K they are asking for the Lower EZ's was not a good (forgive me for even saying this) "Value". The seats aren't that great. The economics I'm facing this year makes this THE worst possible time in my career of going to the games, to be forking over that kind of financial commitment. Looks like Uppers for me.

Here's a question I hadn't seen asked. Will they allow a split within an account? Say, I go for two PSL's and take four non-PSL uppers? Anyone seen that addressed anywhere?

9. qcjetsfan

qcjetsfan New Member

10. championjets69

The book says there can be dual ownership of a PSL. As for the UD seat I think if it is best if U contact the NYJs because it says in the book that UD seats will not be transferable even within the family

11. championjets69

Sorry that was a mistype on my part it should have read my son was advised there were 3,000 accounts that have a starting date of 01/01/77.

12. championjets69

I think they are just guess estimating based on the 3,000 accounts from 01/01/77 then the remaining accounts from 01/01/78 thru 12/31/83. I THINK as hard as you may find this or accept it they really do not care how many years you have in as they THINK that when the UD is full those shut out will then finally opt for the PSLs. In ur case it may not turn out that way but in my opinion that is the way they view the situation. In fact in the book they have a guide as to what would be best for you based on where U want to seat & in ALL cases the UD is not mentioned. I would suggest U should await ur booklet which will then put U & I on the same page since U will be viewing the same material as me

Also as I mentioned in the book is a note with the amount of seats you presently have & ur seniority date. My guess is that 01 you are mentioning has zero value sorry to say since it is not mentioned on the paper U get with the booklet

#232 championjets69, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  13. qcjetsfan

qcjetsfan New Member

My great tickets via my late first cousin (who had them since '63) gives me a seniority of only 8 years. My email said I will be sent the Playbook during the week of March 16. Could you guys kindly let me know the kind of choices I'm likely to have at that point? Thanks.

14. championjets69

I think from the booklet I received ur only hope is a PSL & the non PSL UD will be all taken up by the time they reach ur year seniority

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

um i think it was on your knees or up your ass.
    either way woody is coming.....

j/k

16. championjets69

According to the booklet I received if your seniority is year 84 or later U will be shut out of the UD. You will see that when U receive ur booklet

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I called my dad yesterday to ask when our date was, he wasn't sure but his friend who started in '81 got his booklet a few days ago. If that's the case, ours can't be far behind. I can't imagine that the UD will really be filled up by then, but it makes sense for the Jets to tell us that if they want to scare people into thinking the PSL is their only choice.

18. championjets69

When U get the booklet you will find a sheet of paper giving the amount of tix you are entitled to & most importantly your seniority year per the NYJs. They told my son that there are "around" 3,000 accounts that began 01/01/77 so I guess they know how many seats those "about" 3.000 accounts account for. As example lets say they average out to 4 seats per account for a total of 12,000 seats. That leaves 15,000 seats remaining in the UD for years 78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85 & all the years forward after 85. I'm sure year 83 is a guess estimate based on data they have. It could be the UD closes out with 1982seniority or earlier or later then 1983 seniority all depending on what the account holders with earlier seniority then opt to do. Naturally every one one of them who opts for the PSLs opens up seats for those with later seniority. So would those who just decide to chuck it all in cause they do not want to move upstairs & do not want to secure a PSL.

19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Get ready to mortgage the house suckers!

20. championjets69

The 27,000 lucky fans that will have tix in the UD are not suckers. I would suspect U are talking of those who will be purchasing PSLs