PSL News just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sect105, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

phase 3 is in effect.
    nick just called me last night and i am taking a personal tour of the NEW STADIUM.i have to wear a hard hat the whole 9. friday feb 6th at 1pm. pictures will follow.

2. 17a_tailgater

totally understand that. but there are say 30 seats per row in the 50.15 rows times 30 seats is 450 seats on the jets side 450 seats on the visitors side.900 seats on the 40 of the jets side 900 seats on the 40's visitors side. add that all together and thats 2700 seats between the 40's rows 1-15.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have no intention of paying for a PSL but I am gonna do the same thing so I can see the place. Do you think they will let us go upstairs so we can check out the view from there? Suckers!!!!!!!!

4. 17a_tailgater

see if you can get on the tour...we will tailgate before the tour:jets:

btw we really should try to get the same section or relatively close season tix together so we know who our seat neighbors will be.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The NYJs contacted my son yesterday. Here is his report of the conversion

They just called me and I talked to them. >From what he said, the seniority starts at the 50 in the lower deck, then goes up the 50, then out across the stadium which if it's true is bad news for our seats.

Another piece of bad news is that upper deck seats are 100% non-transferrable. Even if I had a kid and wanted to transfer to them, I can't.

He also informed my son there are "about" 3,000 accounts that have a seniority before 01/01/77

We also got a "playbook" yesterday from the NYJs & in the book it says the NYJs expect to fill up the UD with seniority ending in 83

My sons reports seems to vary considerably from what 17A Tailgater reported

#205 championjets69, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  6. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

but don't each of these folks have anywhere from 2-30 tickets to their accounts? anyways, we'll know more about the "good" upper deck seats after your tour. from what i'm hearing the new stadium is spread out and the upper deck is further away than it already is.

7. championjets69

We received a booklet yesterday from the NYJs. In that booklet it said the NYJs estimate that ALL UD seats will be spoken for with seniority ending in 83

8. 17a_tailgater

yes i was told the UD is higher up.

well im all set for the stadium tour 1pm friday the 6th. i have to meet at the south tower of the old stadium with the sales people.they will show me the coaches club seats,the coaches lounge area and the platform that is on the field.also the the other PSL seating. i asked about the upper deck but i was told no. i will not take no for an answer when im there.

i was thinking of starting a thread for any questions you season ticket holders want me to ask them while im there.

9. 17a_tailgater

i also had asked about more seats for myself and was told if i wanted to pay for club seats i can get what i want but the UD i have to stay with what i have.

10. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

i saw some posts asking people not to buy the psls etc. etc. i'm wondering what happens if the jets don't sell out the psl seats. does the blackout rule apply? then we're screwed anyways by not getting to watch the game on tv.

11. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

one question i had was about the tickets to the concerts at the stadium. how do they plan to do it since ur seat will be "co-owned" by the giant counterpart...with him also being eligible for the concert tickets.

12. championjets69

Certainly the NFL blackout rule will take effect if the NYJs are no longer sold out

13. championjets69

The PSLs are ONLY for the FB games & have no effect on whatever concerts maybe be played there if any

14. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

i understand that we'll have to buy the concert tickets. the website says -
    "The opportunity to purchase tickets to certain concerts and other stadium events (subject to availability)"

15. championjets69

Well it looks like Woody is going to become a tix broker because the PSL ONLY covers the FB games

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

One idea might be for us to approach Nick and see if he'd consider putting a bunch of TGG.com people in the same section. We could use our seniority and affiliation with the message board as leverage.

Naturally, with my start date of 1985 or so, I don't expect to be on the rail. But getting us all in the same section near the 50 would be kinda cool.

He just might be up for an idea like that.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, that seems entirely different than what 17a said just a page back. Do THEY even know their story?! I'm getting more and more pissed off by the minute. And the transfer thing, they really suck.

I'm going to call back 'Nick' on Monday and ask him to RE-clarify everything - especially the above - with my own ears. And, the Jets suddenly and mysteriously 'found' 3,000 pre-1977 accounts?!

17a: Make sure you bring a stink bomb and toss it on the way out.

18. Borntolose

Borntolose New Member

This guy Woody has some pair of balls. I've had the season tickets for two years after being on the waiting list for years. My seats are in the upper deck already so I'm gonna have to move down. I'm gonna have to whore myself to pay for these goddam PSLS.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Just curious - What year did you start your season tickets? I haven't received a booklet yet, and expect one 2/9. Are they doing this be seniority already, or by another way like alphabetical?

I started in the '79 season and figured I'd be in good shape. Perhaps not as good as I thought. No one's offered me a tour yet.....

20. championjets69

Real date was 1965 but by NYJ records 01/01/77

As for the booklet unless U have an interest in a PSL you will whiz thru the book in no time flat. When you get the book it tells you how many seats you have & what year ur seniority begins. My son did not ask what procedure they are using to send out the books

Yes 79 is a good year & according to what they say in the book you will be able to obtain UD seats if that is your goal. Naturally if you want to give Woody ur money U would be in super shape for a PSL with that year seniority also.

#220 championjets69, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009