PS3 Online Madden Franchise, Season 1 Off-Season

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Nov 6, 2009.

1. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

The point system might be a little too complicated, not too sure about it. I think we'd have to release some quality rated players, of course.

Maybe we could all be allowed one or two trades per season or off-season with commish approval with CPU, acquiring players that are at a maximum of like 85 OVR. No elite players in trades.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The cap is the entire team added up.

So each "owner" would have to add up their entire team - most teams should be in the mid to high 300s.

With a points system in place, we could have actual bidding on free agents. If Jam wants to spend 5 cap points on a strong safety and I spend 6, Jam could either top me with 7 or give up and let me have the player for 6.

#42 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  3. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

For someone out of school since 2006, that's a lot of math for an online franchise league...lol!

I'll let you guys decide this thing.

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This seems like a lotta work. I thought the off-season would somewhat resemble something close to regular Franchise mode.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wish it was like that...

There's no money involved at all, which makes things a lot harder in free agency.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Every should at least look to dump 7 players off the bat since everyone has 7 picks in the Draft. There should be more players available in Free Agency. I would do it, but I got ppl over who are watching the Pats/Dolphins game then, the Giants game. I'll try to be on at 8 for the Draft to see if maybe I could at least pick up my players from 1st-3rd round.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Did you set up your draft board yet man?

If you can be there for the first three rounds, you should just set up your board with players you would've targeted in the later rounds.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah, I'll try to do that as I wait for people to make their picks later on tonight.

9. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

How bout we do sorta what baseball does.
    Everybody drops a 90, 80, 70, and 60 player like scik said.

90 and above = Type A
    80 and above = Type B
    70 and above = Type C
    69 and Below = Type D

You're allowed 1 type A, 1 type B, and Type C and type D unlimited

Type A's compensation is a second round pick Type B is a third Round pick, Type C and D have no compensation

Then it is run like a draft Rams get first pick they can either resign the 90 player they dropped and owe no compensation or pick up another 90 player and own the previos owner a second round pick.

We do this until all the 90 player's are gone then we do 80 overall players. That way nobody loads up on players.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I like that idea a lot, but what if he pick up a 90 rated player that was cut from a CPU team?

#50 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2009
  11. Matty Jets

Nice, simple idea Brick, but Electric brings up a good point. So we drop a 90 player but get first crack to keep him?

How deep is your draft board, fellas?

#51 Matty Jets, Nov 8, 2009
  12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I didn't know how many spots it had, so I just went through each position and rated 30 prospects.

I have certain positions rated higher than others...

I don't plan on having to use the draft board, because I'll be at the draft - I was just messing around - it's really pointless if you're going to be at the draft. With all of the prospects ratings given away, there's no mystery.

13. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Good question Mr.e, didnt really think about the cpu teams... Let me think about it a little more and see if i can fix that hole.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't even know how the CPU let's you keep your entire roster and still let's you Draft players. There will be a HUGE free agency right after the Draft is over. Maybe I'm not understanding this, but I'm not really ready to drop a 90+ player because the only one I have available is DWare. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys just renewed his contract in real life. The other one is my LT Flozell Adams. But I'm looking to find his replacement later in the Draft. This changes my whole Draft strategy if I'm forced to cut him.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It can almost be like a franchise player type deal...

We all have to release a player of each "type" - A, B, C, and D - but we can either re-sign our previous player or go after someone else's (+ compensation).

The other guys that aren't cut (CPU players) should be fair game, but each team should cut another closely rated player to keep things somewhat fair. No compensation though...

That's how I'm thinking of working this thing?

#55 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2009
  16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Well, you can cut him...and chances are you'll get him back.

I only have two 90 rated players as well (not counting my kicker) - Jason Brown and Patrick Kerney. I'll more than likely bring the one I cut back because each is a huge loss.

#56 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2009
  17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Okay, nevermind. I think that could work. I got 5 players in the 90's. I can go ahead and start cutting people now?

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think we're going to wait until after the draft to do all of the free agency stuff.

I released a few of shitty players earlier this morning to make some room for my draft picks.

19. Matty Jets

We also should vote on MVP, Rookie of the Year, etc. when the time is right.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We should settle that just before the season. Let's try to do it right after free agency.