ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was brought in for Chad b/c they felt he was the best fit as an OC and his system was a great fit for him. At the same time you don't just throw away a successful QB in hopes another might be good. Chad did have 3 different systems in 3 years from 1999-2001 sot hat's alot for a young QB to go through. Winston doesn't seem to grasp that concept or that Vinny was very successful as a starter having just led us to a 10 win season and a postseason berth.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes, yes I am.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Let's face if Vinny didn't suck Herm goes 6 and 10 and Chad never gets off the bench in 02.

4. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Because they aren't winning as a "team" anymore. The only reason they won 18 games in 2007 was the spread offense, which Brady threw 50 TD's out of. Their not the same team they were when they were winning SB. They figured out a way to throw for 500 yards and 50 points a game. Beisdes this is 2009 not 2007 who's to say the Pats will be the same?

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so, your saying they aren't as good because the offense was unstoppable? have you been hitting up ricky's stash?

6. nyjunc

we weren't losing b/c of the QB and Chad being the QB for the 28-3 loss at Jax helps prove that.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your arguments get more and more stupid. Not winning as a 'team'? They won 18 fucking games.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is why no one takes you seriously.

10. winstonbiggs

Proves that.:rofl: I guess Chad going 8 and 4 in his game starts with a 104.2 QB rating 22 TD to 6 INT's vs Vinny's 1 and 3 record in game starts with a 78.3 rating and 3TD's and 3 INT's proves it also. Chad came in the game cold with no practice it proves zip. Chad proved that when he was prepared the team won at a very high rate that year. Vinny proved when he was prepared the team lost at a very high rate that's why he was benched.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

bwahahaha

They weren't winning as a team anymore.

bwahahaha
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#911 WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  12. nyjunc

I know you were busy worrying about your Giants but did you watch the Jets early in 2002? We were beginning to get healthy around the time Chad came in. We got thrashed by NE and Miami w/ Vinny then by Jax w/ Chad. It wasn't the QB holding us back.

You act like the second Chad came in we never looked back. We did lose 2 of his first 3 starts plus the Jax game. The team was getting healthier and as it did we began to take off. Chad was great and a big part of that but we were clearly not losing b/c of the QB position.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Spreading the offense and Brady throwing 50 TD's out of it pretty much got them to the Super Bowl. Just because they didn't win it doesn't mean they're a team tired of success. If they follow the same format of throwing for 500 yards and scoring 50 points a game, do you really see a team that can outdo that type of offensive production?

Aside from 'the dolphins are hungry', do you have any actual valid argument why the Dolphins will be better? You say you've added talent, but so have the Jets and Patriots defensively. What makes the talent you've added better than the rest? I could make the argument that the Jets added veteran talent in their prime that has played and been successful in the system that's being implemented. The Dolphins and Patriots have just added rookie talent in hopes they pan out in the system.

I'm not saying the Pats will be better or worse. But you are. You said, in your opinion, that the Patriots have 'lost the hungry to succeed' and when asked to elaborate and back up your claim you eventually say, 'who's to say the Pats will be the same from this year to the next?' Well who's to say that the Dolphins will build on their success from last year and get better next year? And please, try to answer that with valid, informative, unbiased arguments. "Hunger" and "Talent" doesn't qualify. Every team has added 'talent' and is 'hungry' to win a championship as badly as the next one.

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

1) I'm really not that biased at all.

2) The non-biased Football sites I also post on all had the Dolphins last year no where near as good as their record showed..... You act as if Dolphins fans even thought they could sniff the playoffs - Well, Brady went down, the Jets hit some injuries at the end as Favre limped to the finish line and the Miami schedule unfolds perfectly as they set a new record for lack of players Injured...

Good luck with all that - Bottom line, it's good to Have Miami fans interested again, A long time passed since they were much of anything and very few Dolphin fans even posted here... The retreads Miami had as Coaches and players the last decade was just BAD for the AFC east... Hard for us to talk about being one of the better divisions in football with a team that struggl;ed to win ONE FREAKING GAME anchoring it down - Even with by far the best team in football at the top.

WELCOME BACK TO FOOTBALL GUY!!!!!!!

ENJOY IT!!!

#914 Jet Blue, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  15. WhiteShoeWillis

^^ The overwhelming majority of that post will be avoided.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm trying my hardest to have an intellectual discussion with him. I don't even know what he meant by that statement. The Pats were a Top 5 (#4) Defense when they went 18-1. So I don't know how they weren't winning 'as a team'.

17. winstonbiggs

The fact that dumb ass didn't give him the work he needed and let him rot on the bench had nothing to do with it.:lol:

I guess we win the same amount of games with washed up Vinny as we did with Chad in 02 once the team got healthy.:rofl: Herm was brilliant.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Good luck with that. If he follows his normal posting pattern he'll just avoid the majority of what you said and then do one of 3 things.

1) Provide a strawman argument.
    2) Pick out one small piece of what you posted and ridicule it.
    c) Ignore it all together, maybe respond with a :lol: and some lame sarcasm.

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I realize that. We've gone back and forth in this very thread before. But as a plebeian Jet fan I'm trying to rise up to his level of discussion. I hope I can keep up.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Who's Hungrier - Parcells or Rex Ryan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.