Probably a stupid question, but...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsyankeesfan6, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Don Iguana

Don Iguana New Member

To hell with the Celtics. But I heard that Rex is dying is hair green for the game this week

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Who has chased him down when he's running in a straight line and not side stepping?

I'd say he is a 95-97

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

so the jets got their name from new technology? interesting.

so if we were to be named today, we'd be named "The NY Football Nano Tubes".

And to not offend the gay community, Jenkins would be dressed in a pink jersey with fucia trim!

4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice, that apparently the Jets are on opposite the Giants today at 1pm. I've never seen that before.

5. Bill1988

Bill1988 New Member

Thanks for the history lessons.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Not sure why the Lions chose blue and silver as their colors, but I'm sure the answer can be found at the Lions website. I know I can find the answer in one of my football books. Their colors might date back to their days as the Portsmouth Spartans.

Ralph Wilson was a minority owner of the Lions in the 50s. When Lamar Hunt chose to start a new league, Ralph Wilson got on board. He became the owner of the Buffalo franchise. This is why the Bills original uniforms were very Lions-ish. The Bills had the same colors as the Lions. The only major difference were the helmets- the Bills had numbers on the sides and the Lions had a blue lion decal.