Predict the two first round picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFan20, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He’s fallen a bit but he went from a late first day draft pick to a 3rd? That’s a little absurd, some scouts are saying he’s nothing more than a backup. If there is someone else there Jets are high on he might not be the pick but it’s hard to predict who’s going to fall to 28th.

Joe likes to trade back as we saw last year and I believe he will do it again this year.

patleahy likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean I think he's a reach at 23 but I wouldn't say he has zero fit in a zone scheme. He's a pretty good athlete even for his size.

So Wilson is only worth the biggest draft package ever sans Herschel Walker?

NYJFOREVER and major33 like this.
  3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

No, make me an offer I can't refuse.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

You just said you'd consider four first round picks and Drew Lock. How is that not an offer you can't refuse? That'd be the biggest draft day trade ever except for Walker.

5. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is better than Walker, who was honestly a phenomenal college RB but kind of overrated in the NFL.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The post was 4 firsts and 2 seconds plus Lock to move down to 9. That would be insane. I'd fire JD for not taking it.
    I don't know if you ever saw Walker on the Cowboys but he wasn't over rated when the trade was made. The trade was probably too high, but Walker was a beast.

patleahy likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Who cares? The Colts rebuilt themselves into perennial contenders in large part because of acquiring three second round picks for Darnold. And they're finding a quarterback on a yearly basis while making the playoffs.

Four-six picks for nearly any player ever is a done deal. Especially for a player with one year of great production against lower tier competition. Some of you guys are being completely nuts about this kid even if you like him.

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Oh man, when someone makes you a trade offer, do you immediately say yes, or do you pause & consider all possibilities? I am simply considering my options. :) Also, keep in mind it completely changes the mindset going into the draft with such a huge move. Anyway, Denver is not trading 4 first round picks. They aren't a stupid franchise. So what are we talking about?

KY Jets Fan and patleahy like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

If the trade package is that lucrative, I have my assistant GM dialing the league offices to put it through immediately.

You proposed it, brotha, not me.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  10. patleahy

LOL....my comment was just a cheeky, pseudo-trolling post, Jonathan. I was just joshin' with you, d00d, that's all. I like Wilson, sure, but to say right now that he is definitely going to have a better NFL career than Herschel Walker was obv an intentionally absurd, cheeky comment to see the type of reaction it would get from the Fields Camp. :);):D

ouchy likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Their basically willing to give up more for Wilson then they were for Deshaun Watson. Its going to be a long week.

12. patleahy

Ouchy, lol it was a trolling post......but I do think that overall, Walker's NFL career, when viewed in toto, was overrated. When you look at his season-by-season NFL states he never really approached the level of dominance that he enjoyed at UGA nor the level of hype that he received when he came to the NFL, even during his best years in Dallas.

13. patleahy

lol your "...its going to be a loooong week" comment cracks me up, Ouchy, haha. :D;):)

ouchy likes this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.

patleahy likes this.
  15. patleahy

so you are still SOLIDLY in the "trade back from #2 and stockpile picks" camp Ouchy? You haven;t been sold on either Wilson OR Fields or on any of the other QBs at 2??

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

2. Ja'Marr Chase
    23. Trey Lance

patleahy likes this.
  17. patleahy

I can respect the fact that you are thinking outside the box, CotcheryFan, but there is NO way Lance is still there at 23.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I am but there is nobody left to trade with. None of these non Lawrence QBs are worth risking the 2nd pick on, and besides that our roster isn't a position to draft a QB yet. Its like a double whammy of ineptitude.

patleahy likes this.
  19. patleahy

I obviously don't agree with you Ouchy, BUT I do respect the fact that you believe what you believe and that you stick to your guns.

ouchy likes this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Lance is too big of a project to take in the first round. Geno Smith went in the second round and he was more polished than Lance is.

patleahy likes this.