Predict how many bonehead plays Sanchez will have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So if it is Sanchez' whole body of work that matters and not this ONE game against the Colts, what does it matter if the Jets and Sanchez win or lose this ONE game? Based on your post above, this thread and Sunday's game are completely meaningless as to Sanchez' future as the Jets QB. It is ONE game. So what the hell are we talking about here and why is Sunday so important for Sanchez again???

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Clearly semantics isn't your forte. Again, I added to my original statement by elaborating on it in my second post to you and said "prolonged body of work".

Never once did I claim to have said "body of work" in my first post. You inferred from my first post that I was saying one game makes or breaks a QB.

Quite the contrary, I simply made the statement that if Sanchez can't beat this team then it should tell you all you need to know about him.

Then you made the comment about Rogers and the Packers to try and be a wiseass.

I countered that by elaborating on my original point. Not backtracking, rather adding to my statement. Big difference. Wanna try again? :rofl:

#42 JetsNation06, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  3. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

peace amongst allies....

4. JetsNation06

Here let me explain to you what my posts meant since you like to spin any chance you can. Sanchez' whole body of work this year is 5 games. He has sucked in 4 of those 5 games.

Then I also said that if he can't beat the Colts tomorrow with a rookie QB, their head coach out sick, that should tell you all you need to know.

I am not contradicting myself by saying this. Rather I am just further cementing my statement that his body of work sucks this year and if he loses tomorrow this will further reinforce this. Pretty simple.

One game is important in this instance. Because this one game is an extension of this entire season "body of work".

If he doesn't win this game than they better have a new QB next week.

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

So we are back to the beginning. What if he has a good game but the Jets lose for other reasons? That is quite possible considering how many other things about this team are bad right now.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

And who are you replacing him with in week 7 against the Pats?? Tebow??? That will work out really well considering how well Tebow plays against the Pats.

The bottom line is that you stick with Sanchez until he proves he can't win WITH a team in front of him. This current team is so bereft of talent that it is not a true test for any QB. His performance this year is directly tied to the lack of a running game, the lack of any playmakers on offense and a WR that has been hurt and can't get open, and awful play calling. The defense's inability to stop the run also hurts the offense. Fix some of those problems - give Sanchez a running game to set up the pass, give him receivers that can get separation and catch the ball, and formulate an offense that plays to his strengths (play action, roll outs, throwing on first down, no more Tebow) and if he continues to regress, I agree it is time to let him go.

7. JetsNation06

Fair enough. As much as it may not sound like it, I actually do want Sanchez to play well because all I care about is the Jets winning. I just don't see it but maybe I'm wrong. I agree that he has very little talent to work with on this team.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sanchez will do well. only because everyone expects him to suck a fat hairy one. that and the defense will put 7 or 8 in the box all day long against him as they have little fear he will beat them.

9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I predict another burnt Sanchez jersey right before he leads the Jets on a game-winning drive.:smile:

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well you backtracked from judging the Jets off of one game, to saying one game sample sizes are dumb, to saying you are judging based off of the whole season. You had to go and explain and clarify your original comments. I saw it as back tracking since well you went back and said you are looking at the whole season and not one game. You call it elabaroting because well you are saying you are looking at the whole season. You'll see it one way, I'll see it another, all in all you clearly didn't post your full thoughts or think out your first post.

I think Sanchez will play well. 3TDs, one fumble not lost. This defense should not be as good as the Texans, 9ers, or Steelers. I think our defense will look better too. I want to see Hill and Keller. Think they can open up the offense and maybe even create some room for Greene to run into.

11. bobaru

bobaru Banned

'Caus he sucks, and he's caus'd enough suck this season (and last).

On topic: 6-8. At least 3 are irreversible, and costly.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

So if he has little talent, then why are you making this a make or break game? You have gone full circle on Sanchez in one thread. You are not making any sense, but that is typical of the irrational Sanchez bashing on this board.

The Owner, GM, CS, and entire team have been terrible this year, so let's replace the QB!! Makes a lot of sense. And let's replace him with a QB who has no QB skills at all and bases his entire success on running the ball and the Jets OL can't open holes for the running game.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

1 int at about midfield. no return

that's it.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS. It's seriously become annoying, and will continue to get worse.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

20-42, 288 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 1 fumble (lost)

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

16-42, 210 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 1 pick 6

17. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I'm officially off of the 'Mark makes boneheaded plays' bandwagon, but to answer your question, Mark's and the Jets' boneheaded performances are directionally proportional to Rex's and Tony's play designing, play calling, and/or coaching boneheadedness, of which equate to the Jets W/L record or 6o% boneheaded.

#57 Remarker, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  18. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I hope this is the starting point to this bum turning his game around, stop making dumb ass decisions. Sopt throwing picks to the D line or anyone for that matter, stop fumbling.

That way we can draft Lattimore in the first, best OLB in the second and maybe Tavon Austin in the third....use him like Harvin

19. JetsNation06

Did you not take reading comprehension in school? I have not gone full circle on this thread. I just explained to you in my last post what I meant and yet you are still being a d*nk and asking it again.

This is the last time and then I'm done with you. Sanchez has little talent. He has displayed that through this season and last. If he can't beat a young inexperienced team like the Colts without their head coach and a rookie QB, then this is just another example of how shitty his play is and it's time to move on. Save your excuses for the rest of the team not helping him. We all know that, Duh.

Focus on Sanchez and his mechanics in the pocket and being one of the worst 5 QB's in the league statistically. Completion pctg, awful, Red Zone turnovers, awful.

He plays the most important position on the field and he isn't getting it done. Anybody else would be a huge upgrade over him at this point.

Quite frankly, at this point every game that Sanchez plays is a make or break game.

You never answered my original question about the good attributes that Sanchez has as a QB? What do you see in him on the field that makes you think he is the long term answer for the Jets at Qb? Waiting to hear your reply. Don't give me excuses about the HC, GM, FO, they don't play QB for the Jets. Sanchez does. Tell me all of Sanchez's top level QB skills. Dying to hear them.

How do you know the backup has no QB skills? The answer is YOU DON'T.

Anyone who says they do is a LIAR. Once Tebow has been the starting QB for the NY Jets then you can make a fair critique of him. Anything else is speculation and not based on fact.

But trying to use a preseason game or base it off what he did in Denver is laughable at best. You do not know what his replacement will do. However it can't get any worse than what Sanchez has done.

What you are doing is blaming everyone but the real problem here which is Sanchez. Ok, now I'm done because I have a Jets game to go to unlike some wannabe fans on this joke of a board LOL I'm praying for a Tebow insertion at some point through the game. You should be too otherwise you're saying you want a mediocre QB leading this franchise in Sanchez. :up:

20. JetsNation06

Won't happen. This bum Sanchez will be replaced in the next few weeks as this season is going nowhere. Time to start planning for the future which includes evaluating the other QB's on our roster to see if they can get the job done. It is unknown what the backups give us at this point. We already know Sanchez sucks.