Prayers For Damar Hamlin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Feel free to support every unsubstantiated claim by every publicity seeking has-been or never-was with access to the internet. Feel free to believe that there is "the vaccine" when over two dozen exist. Feel free to trust in crackpot websites that refuse to identify their owners and operators. Feel free to heap scorn on long established media institutions in favor of fly by night rabble rousing liars. And certainly feel free to disregard completely the question of why a highly respected news institution founded before the Civil War would lie to anyone? I suppose it is just easier for some to follow any kind of nonsense fed to them by the anonymous that suits their own purpose.

"The establishment" does not revoke medical licenses; that is the duty of those institutions charged with protecting the well being of each and every one of us and is done with full due process. Please continue to disagree with me - I wouldn't have it any other way.

#61 Ralebird, Jan 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If it is, as is likely, as a result of CC then there probably is no lasting damage to the heart. It effectively stalls and then can be restarted and work as normal as I umderstand it. The danger would be whether there was any damage in the brain due to oxygen starvation. If this has not occurred then there isn't really any reason why he can't play again. There really is no greater chance it happens to him again than there is for anyone else, but the NFL will probably have to look at a minor pad redesign to protect the heart. Other sports, like baseball, hockey, lacrosse where CC is a known risk may also need to look at some sort of heart protection.

If it is either a genetic condition or some form of irregular heartbeat, as was the case in the most recent soccer players who 'died' on the field then it is less likely. Fabrice Muamba had a congenital heart defect that had gone undetected and retired. Christian Erikssen developed an irregular heartbeat during a game and has an electronic regulator fitted to control it. He was playing again within a year.

3. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Not trying to be divisive, I don't want to argue over stuff like this on this forum. The good news is that he is getting better.

#63 SoylentGreen, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Ralebird likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Glad he's on his way to hopefully a full recovery. Only 4 days ago things seemed so bleak.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Am I less of a Jets fan for rooting for Bills or Bengals to win Superbowl? I hope Bills or Bengals win it this year. Both franchises and both Head Coaches displayed great leadership and class. Dear Mahomes, please take a back seat this year will ya?

Pepsiguy5, JETFUEL1580 and azhar80 like this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Bills yes. Bengals no.

10. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I'm with ya. Either will do for me too.

11. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Awesome to hear Hamlin is recovering. Hopefully he can fully recover.

I wonder if Hamlin's situation had an impact on Mike White being able to start this week...

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bills probably destroy the Patriots on sunday. They must've went crazy when he came out on the facetime video

NY Jets68, JETFUEL1580 and Poeman like this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's so great he's talking now, & his brain is good to go.
    While I'm often critical of the NFL as an organization, major kudos to the NFL, for having that policy that every stadium must have emergency doctors, etc, on hand at every game. It saved Hamlin's brain/life.
    And lastly, my awe for the first-responders that save us all everyday, & specifically, those that saved Hamlin... the awe just grows. A big thanks can't be big enough.

14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

His first public post, since his injury... on instagram

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.