POWERBALL Fix is IN!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--so its got at least 2 points depending on perspective:

1. The State wants revenue
    2. The masses want the hope in their mundane lives

Both stakeholders would lose out if the State let someone buy every combo (ticketless) because this option would most likely cause the little guys to reduce their playing (thinking its a fix etc) and hence the State's revenue will ultimately decrease.

I guess this is an example of societal functionalism--the lottery functions to serve these 2 distinct goals. It's interesting.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't believe the lottery system could justify paying to establish special facilities for "special" players. The playing field must be even for everyone. There is nothing to stop the whales from participating within the existing structure.

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

what do you think it is now? The lottery is literally the biggest scam going. The govt keeps half the jackpot to begin with and then taxes half the winnings. They created this powerball nonsense across multiple states and came up with a statistically near impossible number combination formula knowing it would just grow huge jackpots. Oh, besides all taxation income they’re also earning interest on the money while it sits. It’s literally willful taxation. Hey, want a chance to win something you literally have no chance of winning? Give me your money and I’ll show you how!! I laugh at the idiots who play this shit daily but complain about their property and income taxes. Dipshits

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well no one is forced to play, there's that

stinkyB likes this.