Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

no! alex smith was exactly like suckchise before harbaugh got hold of him.
    and, he sat him as soon as kaspernak was ready.

i'd rather have a competition amongst McElroy, simms, and a vet fa or draft choice. cheaper cap wise, and if they run the wco, or a spread offense, you can get by with a guy who doesn't turn the ball over.

cut the suckchise after june 1st, and eat the cap hit. just like shanny did in Denver with brian griese. the new gm should tell rex: I shop for the groceries, and you just cook the meal.:rofl:

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Armandj do you really need an "insider like myself " or the media to tell you what a circus this team was / is ? I mean this is Jan 1st right ? Your question makes me think it might be April 1st and you are kidding ,,,,you are joking right ? In case you were serious let me answer ,,,yes we are a joke,,,,like a clown,,,,we amuse people ,,,,,maybe you prefer Leno or Letterman or Fallon,,,,,yes they make jokes and top 10 lists about the Jets organization all the time but no we are not a circus,,no not at all :rofl:

Cue the circus music,,,,and now in the center ring !!!!

4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

How about learning proper English structure?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well Hello there Jets4eva,,,,,,,,,,how about I don't ? :up:

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

keeping with the thread,,,,,,,If Woody tells the GM he must take Rex no ifs ands or buts,,,,will it easier to put a guys name on the list of candidates or cross them off,,,me thinks cross that guy off the list,,,time will tell

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

If this is true (and I'm not surprised) then we're screwed. Rex hasn't shown much personnel IQ.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The media thinks we're a circus now because we didn't have a press conference...in other words, we didn't give them prime material to start snark baiting us.

9. AlToon

AlToon Member

So far,Woody has asked to speak with Gamble,Ross and Caldwell. 3 qualified candidates.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well I could care less If we have ANOTHER. Press conference or not,,,,,,I have seen too many this year, from the Tebow fiasco of a conference in the summer to Rex's post game presser Sunday,,,,,,I am not sure who gave the worst answers to questions Sunday Rex or Sanchez ,,,,they were both pretty laughable

11. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

It is rather amusing that Rex prides himself on being transparent, and now taken the level of transparancy to not being visible at all.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Right now the Jets are about $21M over what the expected cap is for next year, even with the $4M carryover you are looking at having to drop $67M to create $50M in cap space. If they do get rid of Sanchez you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of a $13M-$17M cap hit which would mean they would need to clear $80M-$84M to create $50M in cap space.

I'll just reiterate what you said, if you don't have a clue how salary cap works, don't comment about it.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Are you aware you are hitting the comma key every time you mean to hit the period key? At least one would hope you're trying to hit the period key.

14. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Did you ever stop and think it might be easier for a new GM to keep Rex? Think about it, this team isn't a couple of pieces from contending and is in (workable) cap hell.

Keep Ryan for the 13 season while getting rid of the bad contracts and bringing in a core of young players (esp Oline and LBs). If the Jets make the playoffs, then Ryan proves he can coach. If the Jets suck again, Ryan is the scapegoat and you can hire a new coach with a young core in place.

The new GM isn't playing for 13, with Ryan he's playing for 14. Without Ryan, unfortunately we're looking at 15. 2013 will be a trash year as the new GM cleans up this mess of a roster esp if he keeps Sanchez to not trash the cap.

I'm all for trading Revis and getting two #1's back and building for a solid future with or without Ryan (who I like).

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jonky,,,,I like Rex a lot but he is not involved in all phases of the game as a head coach should be and he has not learned from last years or the years before same mistakes . Okay so now we get a gm that will take Rex and more than likely the gm will not be one of the more sought after guys like a Gamble or Decastro because guys like these are not going to take the job having a coach forced on them ( maybe I am mistaken about this time will tell ) so instead we get a person who is not one of our top choices,,,,,we settle instead of doing it right !
    Now fast forward to next year,,,,,,,Rex has most likely a new OC,,,,,a new DC,,,,,a new ST coach and who knows what other coaches,,,,he MUST be successful next year under these ridiculous circumstances or else he will be the fall guy. My thing is why put off the inevitable another year ? ,,,,do it right NOW,,,,blow it up,,,,cut whatever guys you can to create a better / manageable salary cap for the years to come. Put a organization in place from gm to coaching staff that has a vision and a plan and let's get working on it. Rex if he stays will be at a big disadvantage with new systems all over the place,,,especially since I personally think he is in over his head as a head coach. Great DC but he is the coach of this team but does not do the job of one,,,,,,,
    Ps Crash why on earth would I put so 5,6,or 7 periods after sentences,,Or thoughts,,,? :grin:

#75 CBG, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

At least three periods together form something that's actually accepted in the English language.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Crash,,,,,,try and accept this,,,,it's the best I can do for you,,,Happy New Year .

18. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

I like the prospect of gamble.

The depth of San Fran's roster is ridiculous. I know he's not directly responsible for that, but he'll have more than a good say on their personel decisions.

what impresses me is the way that theres no pressure on draft picks to instantly produce.

Up until a few weeks ago Jenkins WR (1st round pick?) hadn't even played a snap yet. Let him develop in the system. Just like Crabbtree, and look how he's producing now.

La Micheal James, spent most of the season as 3rd/4th on the depth chart (2nd round pick?)

I like how well they've worked as an organisation.

as for Smith, We'll see.
    Its been obvious for a while that Colin K(insert stupid name thats stupidly hard to spell) was going to step up. Smith has and always was a stop gap. A servicable product before they found THAT guy. Is that a way for us to go? Personally I think someone will pay too much for him.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Furthermore, Dave Caldwell, Falcons director of player personnel has received permission from the Atlanta to interview with the #Jets GM job

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Sun Sentinel columnist Mike Berardino expects the #Jets ask permission to interview Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine for their GM job. #nyj

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I have a question: How long will it take before we have a new GM? I can't imagine that we'd still be searching in February...

That being said, I really like how Woody is doing this. Search firms remove a lot of personal bias from the equation.