Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I'm buying it.

When people are choosing Jacksonville (with no fan base, no QB, and relocation issues) as a better organization than the Jets to work for, I think the recent reports are more likely than not correct.

I mean seriously, when's the last time someone used the Jets as "leverage" to get a job with the Jaguars? lol.

If qualified people wanted the job, someone would have it by now. The Jets have interviewed a whole slew of candidates. Those candidates took jobs elsewhere.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

There has only been one guy that has spurnned the Jets for another job and that is the guy you are referencing. Dave Caldwell.

You are not David Caldwell and you have no idea why he preferred the Jags over the Jets, it could be as simple as location. You and I have no clue.

Caldwell had already chose the Jaguars before he interviewed with us for the position, the only reason he still interviewed with us is because the Jags owner told him to do it, to make sure he knew he absolutely wanted the Jags job. He already had his mind and heart set on the Jags.

There has been nobody else that has spurnned us, we got declined an interview by Dorsey who was already looking to join Andy Reed in KC, and Heckart who only has one chance to turn his career around and the Jets were to much of a gamble.

Telesco had already been involved with the Chargers and never made it in the door for an interview.

The media is full of shit, there is only 32 jobs like this in the world and that is attractive enough. To think that they can't even give the job away is fucking stupid.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

For all you know, he took the Jacksonville job because he wanted to start with his own coaching staff. He didn't necessarily hate it here, he just wanted a new start

4. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

That's only because we started interviewing those 2 candidates really late in the process, after they were already securing jobs elsewhere. They chose a job offer over an interview; they didn't "turn down" the Jets job.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

this sux ------------can the Cohen announcement be far behind!

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And for all you know, that isn't the reason. Peeps love to speculate though, especially when it's negative. OH IT MUST BE REX KEEPING GMs AWAY!!!!! Please. Most GMs would jizz in their pants thinking of what they can do to compliment a sick defense like ours. What a huge opportunity for anybody to define their career.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All I an say is.....they better get this right. Neither Johnson nor Glat are football guys.i hope they stay the hell out of personnel decisions regarding player selection

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I completely agree man. All i'm saying is no one knows the real reason. It could be a million things in regards to his decision. I LOVE Rex and unlike many on here, am glad as hell he will remain our coach

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

New Tweet:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Keep hearing former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist was particularly impressive last Thursday when interviewing for Jets GM job. Sleeper candidate.

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is the only retread candidate I've heard mentioned that I'd feel like could be good.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Anything new with Gamble? 2 interviews, usually means interest at the least. Could it be the Jets simply aren't interested in him? He seemed like the best choice early, but I'm glad to see the Jets not rushing. I just hope and pray its not somebody within. I think Cohen (mini Tanny) could be our cap guy, but I really don't want to see him in charge of personnel, strictly as a financial consultant to work contracts.

13. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was totally unfamiliar with this guy,,,I read what ltjetfan posted on this guy and to be honest ,,,that short article has me liking him better than most other names I keep hearing :up:

But why would this guy leave the same position in Denver to come here,,,,? My gut says he cannot be a real option,,,,time will tell

#674 CBG, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  15. Warrior

Warrior Member

I think it is safe to say that the Jets have done a good job at looking at potential candidates and apparently have had quality interviews. On paper this guy Sundquist appears to be the best thus if they don't pick him (assuming he wants the job) they must have been impressed by someone else. Whoever they choose I am comfortable - the numerous interviews allows good contrast.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He left Denver after the '07 season. Maybe he's got the itch again?

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

"Every ounce of effort must and should go into the development of young quarterback."

I'm sold on Sundquist.

18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

???

He doesn't work in Denver anymore. He's been out of the league since 2008. Definitely an intriguing candidate.

19. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

If he is hired, the joke would be that Woody spent a quarter of a million dollars to find someone down the hall.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member