Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

My fucking God. Who cares what a bunch of 'league sources' think. It's not like there is a shortage of candidates out there. You're just finding articles because of 'confirmation bias' not because of anything real or tangible.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As an opening caveat, and I certainly hope it happens, the Jets could still wind up with a good new GM. Having said that...

It sure looks like the Jets are having trouble filling the job. I don't think anyone should be surprised by that. Unless Woody was prepared to turn the job over to someone who would have complete authority over the CS, including whether to retain RR, most candidates would self select out of that process. Recent days, including that pathetic press conference, have only confirmed that Woody did not merely retain Ryan in case someone might want to have him. He is in bed with Ryan, and will insist any new GM get into bed with them.

Add in the common perception, which ironically may not be true at all, that Ryan only has one year, and any GM candidate is looking at a probable shit show in the making next off season.

This is all on Woody.

3. Big Blocker

What information can you point to that the Jets are not having trouble finding a new GM? Come on, homer, I could use a dose of optimism myself right now.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm not a homer. We're interviewing more people. You want us to get the first name we get?

If Gamble is SOOOOOO good, why has he not been interviewed by the remaining teams with an opening?

Same goes for Ross.

Why don't we do a novel concept and WAIT for our new GM before saying 'screw you, Woody'. I don't see how Gaine is a bad choice. Their cap situation is GREAT compared to ours. They are actually under the cap.

In fact, I think we're going to hire him. But, some will say he's a Rex puppet (like yourself).

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Any GM that interviews now clearly knows Rex is a package deal, since the Presser yesterday......so we will have to wait to see our next candidate that interviews.

6. Big Blocker

Just like I thought, you have no information that the Jets are not having problems.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Dave Gettleman is Panthers' new GM
    Joe Person ‏@josephperson
    Breaking: Dave Gettleman is Panthers' new GM, team spokesman just announced.

So it's CLE, KC and the NYJ's left and the Jets have 6 guys left they were reported to have been interested in.

8. Good news I guess. Seems like the Jets are taking their time which could be a good thing. Appears the only candidate who has enticed them thus far is Caldwell & indications are those talks were never serious.

No sense in rushing to the podium until we've found the right fit.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LT
    This is the most informative, data based post I have seeing in this forum since then end of the season, away from the barage of media bullshit and Rex hate mail. Thank you for that.

At this point I'm on the fence about Ryan, but I in no way not convinced that he is the root of all evil, the man in charge of all selections and Tanny was his bitch BS, like many Jet fans here seem to think.

Caldwell was clearly our first choice, and one could speculate all day long the reasons why he choose the JAgs. Many on this board would clearly point the finger at Rex. May be, just may be, he was not inclined to kiss the asses of the most worthless media group on earth just to survive.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well it sure does look a bit different when you put that nice list together. Great post.

11. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

13. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

When you talk about a drafting record, no one is even close. However, a really big part is being able to lead and that' s why you are thorough with your interviews.

14. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Yea that's the exact thing I was thinking when I saw the list. It may be much like the Jets (hopefully) they go to someone outside. Jets need someone who can find talent in the draft and this guy has an eye for it.

15. joegee

joegee Member

Raye interview never scheduled Cross off our list

#275 joegee, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  16. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

How many times have we killed the Jets for making knee jerk reactions based on perception? And now we're killing them for doing the exact opposite? Let's at least let the waiter deliver the food before we start complaining about the taste.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This afternoon was the first time we heard of the Jets being interested in Raye. We haven't heard of an interview being scheduled less than 12 hours later so we should cross him off the list? :sad:

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they tried to schedule that person from " the miracle worker", but patty duke said no. she refered them to kate upton, a young up and comer.....:lol:

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Like I stated in another post on here, Gaine was not in charge of our cap. Not to mention the fact that we are way under the cap is due to a bunch of our key guys becoming free agents (Long, Starks, Smith, Jones) and the fact that we have no playmakers. Pretty easy to have cap space w/ no playmakers.

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not true! we have no playmakers ( suckchise, scott, pace, Thomas, smith, schillins, gates) ,and we still have no cap space.:sad: