Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Realistic Jets Fan

Gaine would be a terrific choice.

Only one thing is certain.. wallowing in misery SOJFs will hate the choice and will whine about it incessantly.

2. AlToon

AlToon Member

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...view-for-jets-gm-job-20130109,0,7623049.story

Well that's what this article said... so who knows. Point is, he comes from the Dolphins and going "outside" the organization doesnt mean go outside to an equally shitty organization. It means go to a legit SB contender like the Packers, Giants, Falcons, 49ers, Texans, Ravens, Seahawks ect and get a new up and comer that comes from a well run organization.

He spent 5 years with the Jets, a few with the Cowboys and 5 offseasons with the Dolphins. Sure he's been around the league for some time, but none of that screams greatness. Those are 3 of the most poorly run and most underachieving franchises in the NFL.

#243 laxin, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  4. AlToon

AlToon Member

Gaine is another Parcells guy. Tannenbaum and Bradway. Parcells guys.

The Jets can't find anyone to run this team with no ties to the Tuna?

5. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Jets wanted Caldwell who didn't want the Jets and used them to get a better deal in Jacksonville.

Woody is afraid to elevate Scott Cohen. The Jets are going to destroyed by the fans and media if Cohen is the guy. Are you kidding me?

They don't like Gamble. Who knows what Gamble told them?

They asked for permission to speak with Colts guy. He got the Charger job.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets will never progress unless they try something new. Barking up the Parcells tree is not the answer.

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Jets have asked for and received permission to interview San Diego director of player personnel Jimmy Raye for their GM opening.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, the Dolphins made some pretty solid personnel moves the past year.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Now we are interviewing Jim Raye, who just got passed of by his own team in SD. Fuckin great... Telesco gone, Dorsey gone, Caldwell gone, no interest in Gamble or Ross anymore.

Now onto Brian Gaine, Jim Raye and Scott Cohen!

Typical Jets.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Because of cap hell is my guess.

And all the other BS that comes along with the team of course......

#250 JET'S_my_name, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I really hope they reconsider Gamble or are just screwing with him to lower his salary.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Media folk, who are much more educated on the topic than message board posters, love that the Jets are hiring Gaine and view him as an up and comer. TGG hates him. You can't make it up. A bunch of armchair GMs.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

And who is this media folk? Please give sources, more than one since thats what you're saying.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is Dorsey a done deal? I'll update my list if it is. The jets have no interest in Gamble or Ross according to who?

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

According to people who think that just because the Jets are interviewing other people they have no interest.

It's like when a company is looking for candidates for a job they should just stop as soon as they find someone that may be good rather than interviewing many people and making sure they have the best person, right?:breakdance:

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

The last I heard Dorsey was going to KC... Maybe it was just somebody just speculating on twitter.

I just looked it up and they're still in the interviewing process with him so I suppose its not a done deal yet.

As for Gamble and Ross I havent heard anything new besides the "bad interview rumor" for Gamble. It seems like Ross wasnt a real candidate but more so a way to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Who knows anymore.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Raye actually isn't bad....he was just in a similar spot Cohen is for us.....he could not be sold to the Chargers fanbase because he was a disciple of AJ Smith.

Raye helped build up a really promising and nasty front 7 in SD....as we saw best.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Telesco should have been one of the 1st guys we called

19. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Jets are "screwed"

Lovely.

Though Raye could indeed end up being the answer, the current perception in league circles is that the Jets are having a hard time filling the job. As one league source put it fairly bluntly, the Jets are “screwed.”

They initially were believed to be ready to hire 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble. But word on the street is that Gamble’s interview didn’t go well. And while that shouldn’t necessarily matter to a guy’s ability to find players, it’s the primary tool for screening candidates for these jobs. Also, the inability to interview well won’t go over well for a team that is blessed/cursed by so much media attention.

The Jets wanted Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell, who took the Jacksonville job. And before they could get themselves in position to get Colts director of player personnel Tom Telesco, he picked the Chargers.

In the end, the winner could be coach Rex Ryan. If the Jets can’t find someone to whom owner Woody Johnson feels confident turning over the keys to the car, Johnson could decide to hire a G.M. who wouldn’t be Ryan’s boss but his right-hand man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/jets-search-moves-to-jimmy-raye/

Then some people wonder the long time Jets fans have had it with the ownership. Hess and now Woody.

20. Another chapter of misery.