Post reason why the Chargers are OVERRATED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 10, 2010.

1. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

I already posted this on the point spread thread but this is probably the better forum to do so:

Just got through looking at the regular season records of both the Jets and Chargers Opponents. Chargers opponents combined record was 116-140 a winning percentage of 453%. The Jets opponents had a combined record of 132-124 a winning percentage of 526%. The 3 teams that beat the Chargers (Ravens, Steeler's and Bronco's) all run a 3-4 defense. They ended the season on a huge confidence building winning steak, they did beat Dallas, Eagles and Bungles, the Giants, Bronco's and Titans were 500 teams and the other 5 teams were well below 500. Half of there wins were vs the basement dwellers of the league. They did take care of business when they should have, but I like our chances. :jets:

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

It would of been a 1 game losing streak if they played a NFL team in week 17 so the streak means nothing. The Colts had a 14 game winning streak before they quit for the season.

3. 624

624 Banned

The Chargers rested their starters Week 17, no one please use that come.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Can we nominate this for worst thread of the weekend? Are you kidding me? The Chargers might be the best team in the NFL. Calling them overrated is stupid and downright delusional. The only thing going against them is Norv Turner and they're so good that even he and his terrible coaching are nuetralized. If they get by us there is a very good chance they'll be raising the Lombardi Trophy although winning that many in a row something has to go wrong at some point... you'd hope if your an opposing fan.

5. Marblex

Marblex New Member

12th in running D over our last 11 games (winning streak), just sayin...

3 of the 4 teams you mentioned were in the playoffs, and you didn't mention the 32-3 win over the then 6-2 Broncos, and the 42-17 win over the Titans who had won 7 of their last 8 at the time.

Come on, we are not over rated. I would probably say that the Jets are under rated at this point though. People aren't giving credit because they think Cincy was not a playoff team anyway. I think that is unfair though, if you beat a team in the playoffs, you are doing something right, regardless of the circumstances.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

thanks for the stat against the run over the winning streak that is interesting and definitely something to note.

i agree the Chargers are absolutely not overrated at all

7. Marblex

Marblex New Member

I am struggling to understand what this even means.

We pulled the majority of our starters on Offense and Defense after the first quarter if this helps.

Nope, I can't imagine that would help, I have absolutely no clue what you just said.

8. 624

624 Banned

Marblex, just curious, what Chargers board do you usually post at? If you do post at one.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Please don't base your perception of Jet fans on this ridiculous thread... most of us are well aware how good the Chargers are and know it's going to take nothing short of our best game of the year to win this week.

10. Marblex

Marblex New Member

The official Chargers website, forums.chargers.com

And yes, I am alot more optimistic on there. It's when you come on another teams board you suddenly snap back to reality ;)

11. SdChargeher

SdChargeher New Member

Ya I mean the raiders and chiefs took down alot of the good teams. As well as denver who later got throttled by the chargers when the bolts started playing better. The Titans with everything on the line for them got blown out... at home. The Eagles score at one point was 28-9. It got close and the chargers started rushing 4 n 5 guys again and held the ball got first downs and easily won the game. The Cowboys game wasnt as close as the game indicated. Plus the fact the Chargers during the last 11 games have avg. 30 points a game while giving up just 18 with alot of garbage time scores.

12. 624

624 Banned

The first thread, titled Darrelle Revis

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=76541

go straighten them out and show them Revis' real stats on those receivers, when it was actually him defending him 1 on 1.

you can find them here in the 2009 section:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrelle_revis

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

People pointing out that having a current long winning streak somehow proves something. It's overrated, they won 10 in a row and a pre-season game to end the season. That's all, beating the Skins with back-ups doesn't really reflect anything that the starters did.

14. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Ha, I never generalise a whole teams fans on one person, thread or whatever. I know that a bunch of Charger fans probably come on here and make us look bad, I can only apologise for them on behalf of the majority of us.

I can already see that the majority of you guys are great fans, are realistic and are great to talk football with, and I only signed up today. Please ignore any charger fans who come here talking trash or whatever, I assure you most of us are good people :)

15. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Sigh, ignore anyone who thinks Revis will play differently against Jackson than any of the other great recievers he has shut down this year. A lot of guys on our board, including myself, get so caught up in what our team has accomplished this year, they escape reality.

I and most of the guys on that thread know that Revis will shut down Jackson, we just don't want to believe it. But facts are facts, he is the best corner in this league right now, and I would be delighted if Jackson made 50 yards on him. After watching the guy for weeks (I have become a big fan of his), I think even that is unlikely. Who knows, Jackson could shock the NFL and get 120 yards on him, but realistically, the chances of that happening are very very low.

#35 Marblex, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  16. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Even better than that We match up well with SD their main offensive weapon is the pass and we got them covered there.(get it, covered lol) anyway rushing they don't have a 1000 yd rusher LT 730 yds and Sproles 340yds. so if we contain Rivers and the passing game and our defense does what it does I think this is a win. The west coast hasn't been good to us so lets hope we get there early adjust to the time changes get our rest . This is a winnable game..

#36 jetsmetsfan, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

ehh i regret making this topic. how do i delete this crap

i just got mad when i went to their forum and saw them talking so much crap about revis cuz he hadnt defended som1 taller than 6'5 or some crap

18. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

not a very good argument at all. Easily deserved the 2 seed if not better. Go jets. This will be tough but we can do it!!!

19. Marblex

Marblex New Member

Haha.

Honestly man, just ignore them, us SD fans just want to believe Jackson can burn Revis, but most of us know its not likely.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Chargers are an excellent football team with awesome talent at skill positions. Hopefully the bolts are rusty, the Jets D creates multiple turnovers and Norv screws the pooch.