Post Game Press Conf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can blame Bowles its his team. He's the coach all play on the field reflect him. I'm sure if they were winning his evaluation would have talking points like fewer penalties than half the teams in the league. This is his system and this is his 3rd season in the league. A real coach would be accountable. Too bad we don't have one.

2. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see next year. If the front office has given up on them then they should both be gone by next year (either cut or traded). If either of them is still on the roster then the front office hasn't given up on them and Bowles should absolutely have been playing them this year so the front office could have evaluated them. As to Mac and McCown, ask yourself this - if Mac was looking for a starter to play the year for the Jets because both Petty & Hack stink, then why would he have signed McCown, a 38 year old journeyman who has been injured and missed significant parts of seasons virtually every year in the recent past? I think the answer is because Mac was looking for a safety blanket that could play early in the season while the young QBs were learning the system.

In any event, what possible purpose is there in playing McCown now?

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You are right there, I think the McCown signing was a means as a litmus test to see where the QBs were. I think the regime's worst case scenario came into play when they realized McCown was straight up owning the competition. Mac, then goes out scouts QBs like no one's business. Perhaps, Mac was prepping himself for this very scenario a year ago.

There really isn't a purpose to playing McCown, the season's purpose was to see what the young guys could do. I think at the QB position it was a failure, I jumped off the Hack bandwagon real quick after seeing him in a preseason game.

However, I think this team has a lot of good young pieces. Man, I thought coming into the season, the Browns were just as good if not better then the Jets. Jets are a lot better then people expected. Gotta gives Bowles and Mac credit. Jets get a QB in here, fix the center position, sure up depth, the AFC is wide open.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Maybe he should take up boating permanently. Being a head coach is not for him.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What is the source of the highlighted information?

NYJetsO12, boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We haven't forgotten anything. It's you who doesn't have your facts straight. Petty got few reps in OTAs and for most of TC. Hack got a lot of snaps, but Petty got the leftovers. It was only at the end of TC after Bowles' mind was already made up, and the most important development time was behind them, that Petty and Hack got all the reps for a week or two and McCown none.

As for Petty's 4 games last season, the first came with zero practice reps with the 1st string and total clusterfuck of a game plan. The second game plan wasn't much better. All four games came with the OL banged up and many of the older vets already having quit on the season. Petty still led a come-from-behind victory, the offense showed more energy, and Petty moved the team down the field. He made some bad decisions and throws, but as Morton said, Petty was practically a rookie this year, meaning that for 2 years Patullo and Gailey did squat with him in terms of development. They ought to be sued and made to pay the team back the salaries they made.

Your claim that they (Petty and Hack) had their opportunity to take the reigns is simply utter BS, at least in terms of Petty. Hack had a pretty decent chance and spit the bit. Bowles was starting McCown from the day McCown was signed.

7. 101GangGreen101

Take a look at the QB threads in the draft forum, I tweeted multiple times that Mac was in attendance for Rosen. It's in there somewhere.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is not entirely true. They both are still under contract and there are cap implications for cutting either of them so it’s probable that at least 1 of them is back as a 3rd qb.

9. 101GangGreen101

Damn truth has made you salty as shit ... gotta love it ... Petty had 4 live games to show any ability to show he can be a starter. Hey, truth of the matter is, 4 games ain't a lot but this is why the NFL is not for long. You have to take advantage of your situation. Wilson took advantage of his. Hack had 1 year red shirt and an additional year to beat a 38 year old journeyman and failed. Matter of fact, they both did. I didn't see any teammates backing Petty. If the better QB weren't out there, teammates would want to see that player on the field, but guess what? It hasn't happened!

Petty stares down 1 receiver and has no command of the offense. Obviously, the coaching staff who sees the guy practice for 2 years has a far better assessment then you do. Cry me a river.

FJF likes this.
  10. Ralebird

"One of the most aggressive teams" is something that should be quantifiable. What you tweet or anyone else reports about one guy looking at quarterbacks does not produce the comparison you claim. Of course, the GM is looking at quarterbacks in detail; how that compares to 31 other teams is unknown.

11. 101GangGreen101

You searched and that's all you could find? Sad. I am talking about the ones where they are saying Mac is live at the game.

12. Ralebird

Of course he's been to games - that's his job. How do you say the Jets have been more aggressive than any other teams at looking at QB's?

13. 101GangGreen101

So what you are telling me is the other 31 teams have accounted themselves in the same amount of games Mac has attended for specific players. Do you have proof to back that statement?

boozer32 likes this.
  14. FJF

@Ralebird is doing his @Big Blocker impression.
    it always seems flat and forced though. nothing like the original

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

Not even close ... Big Blocker used to be so much fun when you riled him up

FJF likes this.
  16. Ralebird

You don't get it. I'd be guessing if I said that, just as you are guessing when you say they have been among the most aggressive. Voice opinions all you want - that's what we're here for but regardless of how much you want to believe something is true, why pass it off as fact?

17. Ralebird

Great contribution. Way to make it personal rather than staying on topic.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. FJF

just calling it the way i sees it bro.

19. Ralebird

Do you see the Jets as being among the most aggressive in finding a QB? (Not should they be, but are they actually?)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. FJF

based on tweets i have seen, yes, they have been showing up at most of the big time prospects games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.