Post Game Press Conf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s an indictment on the kid qbs not Bowles

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Heres a solution :University of Phoenix and Cappella have some new courses on how to watch and coach an NFL Football Game .....aimed at Football Widows!!! ...now THATS a good starting point for toddy!!!

Also, 101 could give some one on one Game Management Tutoring to his Man Crush TB...woo hoo

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's gonna be fine cause the Jets franchise QB isn't even on the roster yet. Jets will go after Cousins, Bridgewater, the rookies, etc ... For once, there will be QBs available in the draft and in FA. I think the depth will be the best we've seen in years. The best part? All of them are better then McCown, Hack or Petty.

As sad as this sounds, McCown's main contribution has been to get Robby Anderson's confidence up. I think McCown has succeeded in doing so. Next year, fix the center position, get Q back and a new QB. Maybe get another RB. Q and Robby are going to be awesome for the next QB. I hope Cousins is looking at this roster and thinking, "hmm the Jets might not be a bad destination after all"

FJF likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

damnit, we had a really good string of intelligent posts.

Thanks for ruining it :(

FJF likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cousins will go to the organization that offers the most money. He would play for the Guangdong Tigers if they offered $25 mill+.

If Robby Anderson needs "confidence" to be a good wide receiver and/or loses that with a different quarterback than he isn't so good after all. Fortunately, I think Robby Anderson is Robby Anderson regardless of who is behind center because he's a professional. Shoot- he was a nobody anyway until Bryce Petty....not the old washed up veteran started throwing to him last year.

there really is NO reason to continue to trot out McCown at this point. No reason! and I don't even dislike the guy, I think he's done a good job behind center. But dammit its to time to play the younger players (overdue in fact!)

6. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

How do you know they aren't ready to play? How do you know what improvement they've shown? Have you seen the practices? They're in their 2nd offensive system in 2 years - what you saw in training camp should not be representative of what they can do now. Even if you think the young QBs will stink, you should still play them now as there is absolutely no reason to play McCown and the progression they'll show between now and the end of the year will tell you a lot about them. Bowles has an agenda and playing any young inexperienced QBs is going to result in fewer wins and Bowles is deciding for Bowles that he wants to maximize wins for his next contract.

7. 101GangGreen101

Maybe, I think at this stage he wants security and if we provide that in terms of years, I think the Jets could sign him.

Petty will eventually see the field, I am sure if McCown does what he did yesterday, next week, Bowles will switch QBs. About Robby, I think he did need that confidence. He's having his best year with McCown. He's going to have plenty of tape, to evaluate how he can get the ball and that will help the next QB. He was a "nobody", now he might be a pro bowl receiver.

The reasons for trotting out McCown are less and less, we will see Petty out there soon especially if McCown continues to lose games.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I tell you what is the same BS. Trying to ram down our throats that the CS knows what they are doing. Bowles absolutely gets out coached and out schemed game after game. He has shown zero ability to institute some discipline and avoid moronic penalties by a shit load of players week after week. The DC is dreadful. We have more talent that many defensively and yet we get tossed around and out scored by lesser talent. Saying that this CS knows better is a massive stretch. If Petty is no good as you say why the fuck didn't we trade him when we had the chance. Now, that is BS.

9. 101GangGreen101

Because they had every shot to grab they job from a 38 year old journeyman and could not. Improvement from year 1 to year 2, are critical for young QBs. So the fact that they didn't show enough improve at the start of the year is absolutely dis-concerning. I think the better question is, have YOU seen the practices? I am trusting the regime's judgement, you are the one that isn't trusting them. Petty and Hack, small marginal improvement. Not enough to overseat the 38 year old, doubt they are ready now.

Bowles #1 agenda is winning games and not tanking, this argument is outrageous. You guys with your conspiracy theories, they belong on a Zeitgeist dvd.

thedrjay and FJF like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Really Bowles / Morton gets out-coached and out schemed every game which is exactly why the Jets have been in each and every game this season with a lesser talented team. Now, are you talking about offense, defense or both? I ain't trying to ram anything down your throats, I am merely giving you some clarity on a Monday after a tough loss where fans have knee jerk reactions. If Petty ain't no good, what you gonna trade him for? Extra football pads? Maybe a nice bag of that sticky icky? Trading Petty for a 7th round pick is a bad idea.

Never said they were perfect, but given the circumstances, I want to see this same regime as a whole next year.

FJF likes this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

McCown is a jackass because Bowles is giving him every opportunity to show it. Have to blame the coach for that move.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. edray10

So, because 2 young inexperienced QBs that are new to a completely different offensive system couldn't dethrone a 38 year old QB with a great deal of experience in that system during training camp, then the 2 young QBs must stink and have no future in the NFL? You don't know what Mac and the front office think and you don't even know what the majority of the Jets' coaches think. All you know for sure is that Bowles doesn't want them starting and wants to keep playing McCown. I'm speculating that Bowles is trying to maximize wins because that's what Bowles has been saying but with no shot at playoffs why do so?

I still can't find a reason to play McCown and you haven't given a reason (other than I guess Petty and Hack must stink). I ask you again with the Jets 4-7 and with virtually no chance at playing in the postseason, what is the benefit of playing McCown?

13. 101GangGreen101

Could be much worse to be honest. 27 points against a good defense, but those 2nd halves specifically the 4th quarters have killed the Jets. We need smarter play at the QB position. Petty and Hack will not provide this.

FJF likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

I think I have a good idea on Mac's feelings on Petty / Hack. The Jets are one of the most aggressive teams in terms of scouting QBs this year. What does that tell you about the QBs in house?

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If that's what you are judging the future of Petty/Hack on, I have to say, its questionable reasoning. They would not be doing their jobs if they weren't agressively scouting QBs even if Petty or Hack looked like Joe Montana in practice. That is simply Mac's job - scout the draft talent. And QB is the most important position.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets not get crazy here. Carolina looked nothing at all like the #2 ranked D yesterday. Really didn't look much like a 7-3 team at all tbh. Looked to me like the Panthers figured all they had to do was roll their helmets on the field and they'd get the win.

If the McCown we saw yesterday is enough for Bowles to finish out the season with, oh well. Not a damn thing we can do about it but I damn sure don't have to like it nor support it. I'll leave that to the "real fans". If and when the Jets get a QB in here that isn't older than dirt and doesn't suck, I MIGHT be interested. If not, nothing really changes and life goes on in JetLand.

#96 Cman68, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

We know already that McCown will not provide it either based on what we've seen so far. Play Petty - nothing ventured nothing gained.

18. edray10

The QB situation is clearly unsettled and Bowles refusal to play the young QBs is exacerbating the situation because it is depriving the front office of the opportunity of evaluating them. If the front office thought they were hopeless then they would not have brought in a 38 year old QB with a significant injury history for a rebuilding year. They would have tried to find a younger QB who is likely to be able to play for a few years while they find their future starter. Mac didn't do that - he found a 38 year old journeyman QB with a significant injury history who was unlikely to be able to last through the season. He specifically picked McCown because he figured that Bowles would have to play the young QBs once they understood the new offense and if Bowles insisted on playing McCown that he was likely to get injured at some point and force Bowles to play the young QBs. The Jets being the Jets that, of course, led to McCown having a career year and remaining healthy all year.

19. 101GangGreen101

If you got someone in house you believe could be the answer, I don't think a GM would scout the way he's been scouting these QBs, what do you think? They would focus their energy on other aspects no? He's been to at least 5 of Rosen's games to date so far. Mac knows in house there is no answer, no long term solution. This off-season is critical for this regime. I want to see if Mac and Bowles get it right. I don't want to see any firings this off-season outside of the defensive coordinator. He can go to college or wherever.

FJF likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Because Bowles and this team sees them practice, they have done so for 2 years now. This is what I have been trying to tell you. They are legitimately no good. Let's put the conspiracy theories aside in terms of contractual obligations.

So Mac brought in McCown, because he thought Bowles wouldn't play anyone else. With this line of thinking, Mac shouldn't have signed anyone at all. Who is Bowles gonna play then? As a GM, you are in control of the 53 man roster. To me, that sounds like a Mac / QB in house problem. I am sorry, but I don't buy this at all.

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.