Post Game Press Conf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sadly we have no basis to know any different either. Four games last year is not enough to know shit. In fact he was at least more exciting to watch, raw as he might be, than Fitz.
    I believe our CS needs to suck up a lot of blame on the overall lack of development, not dump the whole blame on Mac.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Really? Bowles caused that fumble 6 and the special teams touchdown? Did he turn ASJ into the guy that can never hold on to the ball in big situations? Once again, the Jets were right in a game against a top team and should have won. The future actually looks pretty bright. They had the lead and the ball in the late forth and then things went to hell with the 2 Defensive TDs. Losing is for the best at this point. We don't want to miss out on a QB this year. The Jets are competitive enough. Put a good QB on this team and they will go places.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m always reminded of tommy boys father closing a sale at his wedding,
    I can get a good look at a ribeye by sticking my head up a cows ass but I’d rather take the butchers word for it. “

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mac vs Bowles ... Bowles vs Mac ... each week its the same bs. Who will the Jets blame it on next time? Woody Johnson? Not even the acting owner right now.

Hack and Petty are no good, when are fans going to realize this? 2 years, they have seen these guys practice. The lack of develop is just on the players as much as the coaches and the GMs that made the wrong selections.

FJF likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Someone said it already, but I believe McLendon was hurt in the previous play or was out(?) 2 NTs on the active roster, I guess he should stick Jamal Adams at NT M I RITE!?

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

considering the game was over after Fennel or Pennel's dumbass penalty it would not have mattered if they put Adams or anyone at NT anyway

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course he should have. Nothing is more important than serving the fans their pound of flesh

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

It's just another knee jerk reaction by fans to point the finger at Bowles. The real reason the Jets lost is cause McCown is a jackass, and our special teams TD. I understand, fans are upset losing another game in the 4th. I don't think Bowles has been great, but he's been above average this year... Jets really need to spend this off-season on fixing their tempo. The playcalling on offense is too slow. Bowles and Morton need to fix that. Once they cut Skrine and find an adequate replacement for Wesley Johnson, the # of flags will go down.

This team is NOT bad, it's a lot better then I expected. Few upgrades here and there and the Jets will be back in playoff contention.

cval likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Really gotta love the board after a loss. It's a little different this season though, fans don't know who to point the finger at.

10. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Well, they certainly won't be any good if they don't get to play. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year where the primary focus is developing young talent. Bowles is in the last year of his contract and is insisting on playing a 38 years old journeyman QB because it gives him a better shot at wins now than playing a young inexperienced QB does. Frankly, for playing McCown alone for this long Bowles should be fired. If he intends to go out next week and play McCown again (and he appears to be) then he should be fired now and make the DC the interim head coach. There is absolutely no point in playing McCown. McCown should always have been limited to playing (i) until one of the young QBs understands the offense well enough to play or (ii) if both young QBs play and stink and show they have no possibility of being NFL QBs, then start McCown to prevent a complete shit show. I think Mac chose McCown because he was unlikely to last through the season based on his past injury history and he would be a safety blanket if both young QBs blow up.

Incidentally, you're not seeing Bowles do this with just the QB - you're seeing the same thing with the young receivers - Stewart and Hansen. He's refusing to play them and playing Kearse and Kerley. If you were starting a young QB and you needed to give him the best receivers then playing Kearse and Kerley make sense, but with a veteran QB in a rebuilding year it doesn't.

If you're one of these people saying the young QBs stink because Bowles won't play them, then you must also think Stewart and Hansen stink because Bowles won't play them either. The much simpler and more logical solution is that Bowles is playing to win now and doesn't give a crap about developing young talent in a rebuilding year. It's time for him to go.

11. 101GangGreen101

They have been practicing for 2+ years and haven't shown any improvement enough to compete with Josh McCown. The dream is over. What fans seem to forget is that Hack and Petty had a large # of reps in OTAs / TC - Petty 4 games last year + this year. These players had their opportunity to take the reigns and could not do so.

There is no point in trotting out a QB who isn't ready to play, Bowles is making the right call there. Firing Bowles for not playing Hack or Petty is a ridiculous opinion with this in mind. If they fire Bowles, they fire him, that's another discussion. McCown has given Anderson / ASJ a lot of confidence out there. Unfortunately, he's the only one that has actual command of the offense.

No, you cannot correlate a 2nd year QB and a 3rd year QB to 2 rookie receivers that were fighting injuries earlier on. Please don't try this. Their respective reps have increased as the season has went on.

FJF likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

that's not the real reason the Jets lost. Yesterday the Jets were out game managed. There were a number of poor decisions and lack of adjustments.

As for this Pennel thing - I don't believe every single time a player makes a big mistake you bench them but Todd Bowles is always comotose on the sidelines and for three years as his teams have blown games like this. At some point it would be nice if he woke up and did something. Blowing up on a scrap heap backup nose tackle for blowing the game with a boneheaded mental error was actually good opportunity for him to get a point across. - - but Idk if he was even awake to see the penalty.

13. BrowningNagle

there's no point in trotting out a young QB who isn't as good as the vet in week 1 or even week 7. But when you are in rebuilding year anyway and your season is over you are hurting the franchise by playing a veteran who keeps games "close" like Mccown. He should not be playing at this point. They should've made a move after the Tampa loss.

"thank you for your service Mccown. You hung in there well with this patchwork roster. But obviously we are rebuilding."

14. 101GangGreen101

Outmatched? We were virtually shutting down Cam Newton all day long ... that fumble caused a 14 point swing ... you really don't think that's the reason why they lost? I do agree, you can adjust you can make better decisions, but dude 14 point swing in the 4th QTR?

About Pennel, I thought the game was already over at that point? Every week he says the Jets cannot complete a game, that they lack a killer instinct. That's exactly the problem when I watch this team play. When they have a shot to end it, they give the ball away and fuck it up for themselves.

15. BrowningNagle

perhaps the players are lazy with the ball and the rules because they have a head coach who they know is asleep and doesn't hold them accountable

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Why? So the Jets can lose 35-13 instead of 35-27? We've seen what Hack can do. He makes 1 read, panics then takes a sack. Petty, looks at Anderson, notices he isn't open and throws it to him anyway. He might get the man killed. Petty and Hack will be afterthoughts after this off-season. I really don't think they will bring any value other then doing their best Ryan Lindley impression.

Jets have no QBs on this roster, McCown it hurts to watch him play in the 2nd half, but at least he's getting the ball to the receivers (meh) ...

17. BrowningNagle

A loss is a loss. What does it matter if the games are clos[er] losses with McClown? Petty and Hack are NOT afterthoughts. Hackenberg is 21 years old and has never even played in an NFL game. He probably sucks but so does Josh Mcclown anyway.

Up and down the roster veterans are sitting for younger players but they stick with Mcclown. It's ridiculous. Play the damn kids at QB for God's sake we're 4-7

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

Hack will never start in a meaningful Jets game. You can take that to the bank. I want Hack to succeed just like you did. Ain't happening, I have 0 faith it will happen. The Jets will draft another QB or acquire one via FA and they will be after-thoughts. I keep telling everyone, Mac and the Jets are doing more due diligence on QBs then anyone else in the league.

Hack ain't getting the ball to anyone.

19. 101GangGreen101

McCown is an asshole. Do you think Maye and Adams enjoys playing for Bowles? What about Lee and some of these young defensive players? Maye might be Mac's best pick to date. Bowles you know coached them up. Don't you think these two can do more together? Especially on the offensive side of the ball? Time to allocate some picks to that side big time.

FJF likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

I have 0 faith Hack will ever amount to anything too. But I have 0 faith that Mcclown has a future as well. SO play the guy who is 21 not 38. dammit its freakin common sense. mcClown's a 38 year old journeyman. You don't give a 38 year old journeyman 16 games when you are rebuilding. Only the dumbass Jets would do something like that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.