Post Game Press Conf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's a JAG.

The media loves him but I don't give a rat's behind what they like.

2. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Jennie Coakley with her usual great questions after the game in Jets locker room: "How frustrating is this?"

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You might be right, but how do we really know? You might trust Bowles's judgment, but I don't.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's not just Bowles though, he has to take input from his offensive coaches and decide accordingly who does and doesn't play. If the OC & QB coach believe there's a better option on the bench and Bowles is ignoring them then that's a bigger indictment on him.

LAJet likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Look, all I can say is that this franchise has completely f'ed up the QB situation. Either Macc was clueless that he didn't have a usable QB behind a 38 year old has been when he chose to not draft a QB this year, or Bowles has screwed up the development of serviceable QBs. If Petty is really that bad that he can't get on the field ahead of a guy who plays like McCown, that's a huge indictment of the GM and CS.

6. ColoradoContrails

Those of you still supporting Bowles have to take a step back and realize that "There are not coincidences". So many losses that should've been wins, is directly due to poor coaching.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So McCown doesn't actually recognize that his thought process to try to throw the ball away in that situation is completely wrong. If that isn't an indictment of a 14-year veteran I don't know what is.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Why even bother listening then? I rarely even watch that stuff because I already know what theyre gonna say.

9. I’ve listened to every Press conference nyjets.com has made available since Mangini.Pre game,post game,OTAs,TC,draft doesn’t matter..I tuned in

That run ended w Bowles.He offers nothing to the listeners at all & when he does it’s usually him defending shitty gamemanagement or making excuses for underachieving players.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You have no basis to believe that though

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Which is the pain point for a lot of us..

12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Fire them all.

Jets69 likes this.
  13. FJF

But it takes a greater leap of faith to believe we have a good qb on the bench than it does to believe that mccown is truly the best option as sad as that may be.
    I don’t get how so many here have a an easy time making that leap. You know based on logic alone.

14. Cman68

I think it comes down to having nothing to lose by trying another option. Its not like this team is a true contender on the cusp of making a run.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. FJF

You will never get a coach to go along with that line of thinking. Not in a capped league with short careers. He owes it to the players in the locker room to play the best options. A former player as a coach is going to be doubly loyal to the best players playing.
    But fans are mad because for some strange reason they think they are entitled to more than the option to watch or not watch.

thedrjay, Mogriffjr and Jets69 like this.
  16. 1.Im convinced one of the reasons Bowles plays the veteran is bc Of his cluelessness for game/clock management. If he has a graybeard he can pin all that responsibility on the likes of Mccown/Fitzpatrick.With a younger QB he’d have to spoonfeed them to some extent & that’s a recipe for disaster.

2.The silver lining is Hopefully a top ten pick & Bowles pink slip;To which he can’t point the finger or blame the team for forcing someone else’s QB on him.Hes made no public statement that suggests any care or concern for a long term solution to the most important position on th field.If Mccown & Fitz Are “his guys”..well he’s made his bed of shit..let him lye In it

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Cman68

This it also true. But it is a two edged sword. If the fans are only entitled to watch or not watch, then the team shouldn't be surprised when after a prolonged losing stretch fans become apathetic. When you see other teams exploring all of their options for better or worse, while your team just does the same thing over and over expecting a different result but not getting it, no wonder fans get pissed first, apathetic second. Bowles doesn't have the cache built up yet with Jet fans. His resume after 3 years is nothing to brag about. His decision making remains questionable, his in-game adjustments non-existent. If the only way to justify playing one of the oldest Qb's in the NFL during what is supposed to be a youth movement is because you THINK the talent on the roster at the most important position on the field is not NFL qualified, that's also a major indictment of the FO and CS. Either way Bowles loses on this. He plays the Ancient Mariner and loses OR he plays the kids and perhaps loses as well. What the fans want to see is change. The status quo simply isn't good enough anymore.

18. FJF

the fans have gotten their change in 2006,2009,2013,2015. we've had flown in talent that got hurt so we changed, high draft picks thrown in the fire-weren't ready so we changed, now we have young guys sitting on the bench because they are not ready and what do we want? more change. change hasn't worked yet, but this time it is sure to. amiright

soh_vet, 101GangGreen101 and Jets69 like this.
  19. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

As much as I agree with all criticism attached to bowles, ya gotta give him the benefit that he's gotten his guys to play largely. Maybe not play smart, but they're playing. Other than that, fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  20. Cman68

what do we have to lose by trying?? Fall off the bike? Get back on it. 1st girl says no, talk to the next girl. Point is, you can't stop trying because something doesn't work out. You can recognize the issues that caused the failure and try to correct them OR you can remain in the rut. Status quo = surrender.

21. FJF

Who says they stopped trying? Just because it is not available for your consumption doesn’t mean they stopped trying. And it looks like they did recognize the mistakes of just throwing guys out there because you drafted them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.