Post Game Observations without prejudice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 25, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Then we will win one and then? I think (hoping) Zach makes a big difference. Flacco has looked horrible and I. Not sure where the love is coming from..

Those strip sacks don't happen with Zach.

stinkyB and Noam like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent recap. Welcome back

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

thank you! :p

now, watch the steelers make a change at qb, and the jets get picked apart again.( with kenny pickett at qb, you can make up your own sarcasm)

with that OL, i expect pittsburgh will blitz coming off the bus, and all game long.

Brook!, Jojo and Jets79 like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Saleh biggest weakness, and one he need to correct quickly if he wants to keep his job, is his awful selection for DC.

NYJetsO12, Jojo and roboz08 like this.
  5. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

A high school team would’ve gotten more pressure on the Bengals today than the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and Jojo like this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We would definitely lose to a bag of bagels.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Again, the jets look totally unready at the start. Cinn. had not done squat the first half this year until today. that's bad coaching.

NYJetsO12, James Hasty, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Exhibit A:

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

A perfect cure for any struggling offense is to just play the Jets. This will be Pitts coming out party.

NYJetsO12, James Hasty and Jojo like this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's my post-game observation: the Jets season is over by Rosh Hashanah. They couldn't even last to Yom Kippur.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I thought the two biggest things that killed the Jets were

1) JFM penalty. I'm not sure you can overstate what a catastrophe that was. It wrecked.... everything. And was 100% preventable.

2) Our left tackle got murdered all game and that really hurt our offense, rattled Flacco etc. Its like having a great house with nice valuable stuff inside but you have a gaping hole in the roof when its raining. That one hole is a real problem.

You correct those two issues? I'm not saying the Jets win by 40 but I think you've got a 100% completely different feel to the whole game, a closer result against a Super Bowl team and who knows? Maybe even a win somehow. And that is with a backup QB. So at this point I feel like there is still room for hope.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Two receivers are wide open for the first down and Flacco goes deep. I better not hear Flacco is better than Wilson ever again. Zach converted 4th down after 4th down last season.

NYJFOREVER and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Streveler !!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

To me, the lack of pressure on Burrow was the biggest disappointment. This is a Bengals team that allowed an average of 6 /2 sacks over the first two games. I understand the Jets got two sacks, but if you give a QB with the talents of Burrow that much time to throw the ball, you are asking for the worst.

NYJetsO12, ouchy, Jojo and 1 other person like this.
  15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

were looking at it the same way. we LACK GOOD PLAYERS

Also, the D, people are focusing on teh DC... its a team, its SALEH AND THE DC.

I like and support Saleh cos of what I know from the NorCal perspectyive and he seems like a good dude, for now.

But the pudding better start tasting better...

JetsUK likes this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We come out after half with the game still in reach after a lackluster first half. We manage to put a drive together and score we are right back in this game. Then Flacco stands back there like a statue for 10 minutes, strip sack, game over.

I just went back and watched this play and I was a bit harsh on Flacco.

First, the play call- Five wide when you have a struggling left Tackle is just stupid. If you are going to go five wide put in five WR and take out the RB and TE. 3 and 4 you play five wide it has to be a quick hitter.

Then Flacco takes a 10-yard drop? The read must have been rt to left on the bunch side but that makes no sense. Conklin is actually wide open for the first but Flacco is looking the wrong way. Because his drop is so deep and Fant is bad the d-lineman was able to run right around him. If Flacco's drop was not so deep it probably would not have mattered.

Even with all that if Flacco could have felt the pressure just a little and had some mobility there was a running lane. All in a more of a bad play call then on Flacco.

#56 cval, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Noam likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am not praising the D but you do not win games by kicking 4 field goals and 0 Touchdowns. The offense never game this team a chance.

NYJetsO12, stinkyB, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I hope he is!

my problem is I’m not convinced he’s the guy yet but he’s gotta be better than Flacco, right?

19. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

A lot of it is about the D Line. Our high priced "super deep" D line talent failed to get consistent pressure on Burrow against a mediocre at best O line. If the Jets can't even use our strengths against another team's supposed weakness it's gonna be a long season. This game was dialed up for us to at least be competitive based on the matchups. In addition to the aforementioned matchup the Bengals also like to throw outside to the WR's and our CB's are also supposed to be a strength.

So with all this in mind what the hell is wrong with the Jets? Any long time fan knew they weren't going to use last week as a springboard to greater heights but it's inexcusable to lay a dud like they did. There are some real questions with the coaching staff and use of our talent. Why is Elijah Moore being sent downfield so much and where was Braxton Berrios yesterday (minus the one failed run)? Where is the balance with the run game??????

NYJetsO12, ouchy and Jojo like this.
  20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Exhibit B:

Brook! likes this.