Post Game Observations without prejudice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 25, 2022.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Maybe a little of both. But, I'm sure La Fleur called for short passes with White under center why stray away from something that already works?

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We consistently get down. When was the last time this team played with a lead.

The offense of game plan/execution was hard to watch. Flacco was once again a statue and looked slower than week 1.

With our watching the replay it looked like the underneath was open for a first we chuck down field.

The defense was awful the first half. When they clamp down we turn the ball over.

Jojo likes this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

As a QB you still have to read the defense. I am just not sure it was La Fleur calling to throw deep.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the Jets had 280 yards after the catch against the Bengals last year. Michael Carter ran wild. It was his coming out party. No way can any offense duplicate that again. I am also sure the Bengals emphasized all week shutting down those short passes and YAC opportunities likely forcing us to throw the ball down the field which was not working well with our pass protection especially after Wilson went down.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i ttok a 3 month vacation from here, just to get an objective perspective. i did post on jets articles on the ny post.
    after today, i had to come back. so , here goes:

flacco could be a backup qb on a team with a decent OL, but not the jets. Maybe Bills, Eagles, Ravens, etc.
    the 3 qbs should be wilson, white , and steveler. all 3 should be game active, especially behind this line.

cutting pinnoch but keeping joyner? raiders can tell you about addition by subtraction.
    having seen all 3 games by the jags and the lions, they look prepared and competitive for all 3, despite winning or not.
    the jets look non prepared as well as non competitive. last week's gift wrqapped win in clevland was the browns idioticy, not the jets outplaying them.
    as another poster on this site says, the jets should be 0-3 strictly on merit.

i had them at 0-9 at the bye week, but now at 1-8. i would not be surprised if they are battling arizona for the first pick in the draft.
    nobody realistically expected them to be a playoff team, but show signs of progress. there are none.
    the only time you see any offense is during garbage time. it's like watching a preseason game.

who to blame? not the GM. when you cut down to 53, and 7 guys get claimed by other teams, you can't say the GM isn't finding talent.
    the lack of preperation and game performance tells me the coaching staff is to blame.
    guys who should get playing time are inactive or glued to the bench. meanwhile, guys who do not produce are out there.
    the jet coaching tradition of playing favorites is still alive and well.

results count....the rest is just p. r. hot air :rolleyes::mad:

NYJetsO12, papapump, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

That's true. It's pretty maddening that dinks and dunks worked last season and now the Jets have a much improved receiving core and veteran tight ends.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We took the lead against the Browns at 59:48 into the game... :confused:

Pepsiguy5, Jojo, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I agree.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I dunno. Yeah coaching is part of the issue.

Sauce was beat with 2 TDs. He lost the man he was converting when Burrow scrambled out of the pocket.

Sauce miscommunicated with his secondary and left the guy open on the end zone. That on CS?

jFM rough the passer. That on the CS?

Flacco slightly under threw a pass to Breece or Breece dropped a catchable ball on crucial 3rd down in Cincy s territory and had written big gains all over it? That on CS?

there were couple of miss sacks, is that on the CS?

Sure CS have to prepare the game and put in the right players. I didn’t like some play calling. But that happens in every game and every teams during the game.

I got to give Saleh the full year to see where they are at.

azhar80, bicketybam, Jojo and 3 others like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A loss is a loss is a loss

That's the story of my Jet life at MetLife

Saw some flashes here and there of a team that competes

Ugh this misery never ends does it?

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Can we stop with firing everyone after a loss and playoffs after a win?

We have 14 more games let's relax just a bit. We have a big game against Pitt that looks really bad on offense.

We win 2-2 is a good start if we get embarrassed by Pitt it may change my toon.

#31 cval, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Coaching isn't great but this is more a case of:
    - the Jets haven't had a true franchise QB in 50 years - every time we think we've found the answer it turns out to be fools gold - if you don't have a franchise QB you will never have long term success
    - OL is a joke but we are devastated with injuries - part of this is bad luck (or Jets luck) and part was the decision to draft Becton who looks like a bust
    - the Jets haven't had a decent pass rush since forever - last proper pass rusher we had feels like it was Abraham and he left 16 years ago!
    - Jets have invested almost as many picks on the DL as they have wasted trying to get a QB and have had about as much success to show for it

Sadly we all know that the Jets will end up picking #3 or #4 in the draft this year and so miss out on Stroud and Young (even if we decided to stick with Wilson we could trade those picks for a King's ransom) - instead we will end up drafting another tackle to replace Becton.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

coaches always get too much blame when the team loses mainly because you can't fire the whole team (its the same in soccer) - but its 80%+ down to the quality of the players and the biggest part of that is the QB and we don't have one at this time (or at least not one anyone else would want)

14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

The play calling and OL are most concerning to me. I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't even want ZW out there until this OL stabilized some how.

Also the pass rush we have said everything about it we can but it's amazing to be doesn't matter who we bring in or draft rush is the same.

15. Jedi mind tricks

Too much invested in OL and DL to have these problems. I'll give the OL a slight break since, like you mentioned, injuries.

NYJetsO12 and Jets79 like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Was the o-line that bad today or was is a statue Flacco with zero feel for the pressure?

17. Jedi mind tricks

Both! Fant was getting ABUSED. Could we put a TE or RB over there to help?? Or idk could flacco realize he's getting pressured from the left all game and get the ball out or slide away from it??

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The penalties were killer, but the offensive play calling was simply atrocious. Everyone knows the OL is struggling to block, but instead of calling misdirection plays, screens and delayed handoffs designed to slow down the rush, half the time Flacco was dropping back to throw the ball deep - even on makeable 3rd downs! Flacco's pocket awareness is another glaring problem. How can he get blindsided so many times? He knows the rush is coming but seemingly never has any awareness of the rush if it isn't coming straight up the middle at his face. I'd much rather see White out there than Flacco.

Fiftynine likes this.
  19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I never thought I would something like this, but at Pitt might be our best chance at winning a game in the next 10, but I don’t think we will even be competitive, they are going to be fired up and ready to play.

We will find a way to win one we have no business winning I think and will be 2-10 before we find a way to win a couple after Thanksgiving.
    I think we can get 4 wins and that is being optimistic.

20. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Bring Rex Ryan back