Post game observations - Jets vs Denver

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:20 PM.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I know this isn't the exact reason we lost, but JOE DOUGLAS.. dismantled a perfectly good defensive front by trading JFM and letting Huff walk—only to then go after the erratic Reddick whose a complete no-show.

If we had just kept JFM and paid Huff, or even let Huff walk, we'd be in better shape defensively. We'd have a near-elite defense with no answers for that part of our team.

JFM was a great run-stuffer, and we're missing that extra body on the line. Denver never likely runs down the throat of our defense for the late FG to put them on top. I mean Bo Nix never even threw the ball on that drive.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Vrabel works for the Browns.

LAJet likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

True. I get what you are saying now.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is hindsight. Doesn't do any good. If It worked out, we'd be applauding. JD has made mistakes, I don't think this Is a fair take though.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I was resigned to the fact that my Patriots were going to suck this year.

I was hoping the Jets, my 2nd favorite team could fill in the slack, but after today's game, I see this team actually worse off than my Patriots. Sure the Jets are a better team but they are in Purgatory hell. They might make the playoffs assuming Aaron doesn't get killed out there. But after this 2 year experiment, they will be back to the same old Jets and be basement dwellers like my Pats. The Pats at least have a promising QB for the future, and when they fix their offensive line may have some future promise.

Ever since I joined this forum I have been crying for the Jets to do something about their offensive line. Hackett and Rodgers call the offense, so blaming Saleh might be not fair because he has no say on the offense. He can't fire Hackett because he is AR's coach. The defense did its job (run defense could have been better) and sure special teams could have been better, but not being able to score more than 10 points? Sure the weather was not that great, but this team being a North East team should have the advantage if designed correctly.

At this point, I see no other option than adding some extra offensive lineman to deal with OL issues. Giving AR more protection trumps having an extra receiver on the field.

Maybe my concerns are wrong and the Jets will prove me wrong this season.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The Jets were penalized 13 times for 90 yards. That's a lot in a game where yards were hard to come by. Many of the penalties were LOS penalties like illegal motion and holding. We even had McDonald lined up in the neutral zone not once, but twice. One motion penalty cost the Jets an opportunity for a TD which may have been the game winner. We even had a receiver get penalized after a catch with unsportsmanlike conduct. These kind of penalties are a sign of bad coaching and falls on Saleh.

I disagree about the defense. They weren't bad but certainly not excellent. They got absolutely no pass rush. Nix had a lot of time to throw, much more than Rodgers did. It was fortunate it was raining and he was a rookie. Denver rushed for 2X the yardage the Jets did and the Jets are supposed to have the rushing advantage with Hall and Allen.

Hackett to me is just a figurehead. He just calls the plays that Rodgers has inserted into the playbook. Besides, I didn't see anything wrong with the plays as they were called, but the execution was awful and that is a reflection on coaching. By the way, those calling for the firing of Hackett can forget about it. As long as Rodgers is here, Hackett is here.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Too many years of watching the Jets have warped your expectations about what's normal for an NFL offense and an NFL defense. Even when facing an opponent with a better defense than offense, and even in the rain, our offense still significantly underperformed our defense by NFL standards.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Probably there is no actual accountability in this team. We were getting penalized a fuck ton for the past four weeks. Only it hurt us yesterday. In other words - this problem wasn't fixed with a fucking month of time. Who is to blame here? I know for a fact that, Jimmy Johnson made it a rule to 'not fumble' a ball when running, and when a backup RB fumbled the ball twice in a game, he was canned the next morning.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'll say it one more time and then quietly shut up. What irks me beyond reason is that the accountability issue on the players will continue on as it has been that way since Saleh has been here. The game yesterday was lost not because of personnel, not because we dont have a good enough line, not because we dont have enough weapons offensively, or any other myriads of excuses pointing at JD. WE LOST because this coaching staff does not make players accountable, does not prepare them properly, and cannot call any kind of an offensive game plan for shit. To top it off, they are incapable to adjust to the formations presented. This will continue on as long as Hackett is OC and Saleh continues with his cheerful all is well, let's dummy up the game plan to help the players. He is absolutely incapable to set proper HC expectations and make the players freaking accountable. He is not an NFL caliber coach; HE IS THE PROBLEM.

11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

its oversimplistic to simply attribute penalties to coaching.

look at the raiders. over decades an multiple coaches.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep ..glaringly obvious and even Boomer E sees tension between The HC and Rogers. Accountability vs dumbing AR cadence down..really?
    AR will get that fool RSaleh fired and probably replaced by his homer Hackett ..just watch

13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I can't argue with you that you probably have more reason to be excited than we do, even if Jets' short-term prospects are potentially better. At the end of the day, who cares if you're an 8 win team vs. a 2-win team? Neither one is making the playoffs.

I can sum up this Aaron Rodgers experiment as "Brett Favre 2.0". Classic Jets. Sign HOF player past their prime to infuse some life into downtrodden fan base.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. Losmeister

after 4 games Denver and Jets tied for least yards allowed.

We underestimated their D, greatly. Especially me.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. Losmeister

smfh

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Hey on the bright side, the Mets just clinched a playoff berth!!!

Losmeister likes this.
  18. Losmeister

my nephew who rides my fubo account will be happy!

Jets69 likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You don't seem to get it do you? You could put a hall of famer at every-single-spot, on offense, and this team would get HAMMERED! You heard me. HAMMERED!!!!

So, PLEASE...shove it up your ass about the GM! The whole god damn league, media, talking heads...whomever you want to yap at is on board with this team having a pretty talented roster!!! ALL OF THEM!!! So, why don't you tell me, big boy, why this team performs like dog shit, huh? Right, Joe Douglas is also supposed to coach them too, I take it. Right??

Penalties rolling out their asses like soft shit = Douglas' fault
    Can't get on/off the field in a timely manner = Douglas' fault
    Don't know how to use time outs = Douglas' fault
    Calling plays that my grandmother knows are coming = Douglas' fault

You know, if this team had a roster absolutely "LOADED" like the Carolina Panthers then I'd be standing right with you about firing Douglas. So please...you and the rest of you that are CONSTANTLY riding Douglas' jock need to get a new shtick.

Let me ask you this question. If Bill Parcels had this team, this EXACT team, how good do you think they'd be?

LAJet and Nyjets4eva like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If we had a decent, not awesome, but decent coaching staff, same exact team and same exact OL.....do you really think for a nano second we come close to lose that game?