Post Combine Team Visits/Meetings

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Mar 8, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Just thought it would be a good idea to consolidate all meetings and interactions with players during this time period up until the draft. Also things like what schools the team is at for pro-days would be good to include also so we can get a feel for what players are really being looked at.

- Last night Marty Mornhinweg met with Ryan Nassib over dinner. Great move IMO all around. We may be looking at him and I think he would be a very good fit for the WCO or we could just be using this to get to know the Bills potential future QB. Either way its a good move.

- Jets had the most personnel at Texas A&M's pro-day today (5, including Rex). Supposedly the team is very high on Christine Michael at RB and have a private formal meeting with him. Demantre Moore, Ryan Swope could also be targets too.

@NFLCharean: Christine Michael says he has visits with Minn., Bucs, Indy and Jets.
    @NFLCharean: Jets had five people here, including Rex Ryan and scout Aaron Glenn.

- Jets (including Rex) were also at Clemson yesterday for their pro-day. Players of interest could be DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Ellington.

Please add more and discuss

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I LOVE Christine Michael and I am really starting to like Nassib. I'm liking what Idzik has been doing so far

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

We draft Nassib and I'm starting the riot

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Has anyone heard how DeMontre Moore did today?

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

6. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

Christine Michael is clearly an arsehole and that's something we definitely don't need.

Ryan Nassib, DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Ellington are my favourite players at their respective positions (although I'd rather we stayed away from QB completely). Encouraging signs.

7. themorey

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You just made me very happy with the news about the jets interest in the Texas A&M and Clemson players. Thank you, thank you!!

10. themorey

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Why??????????

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

http://www.walterfootball.com/proday.php <--- seems this site is tracking the numbers for each pro day.

If anybody can find a site with the pro day & combine day results right next to each other for each candidate, please share it :)

#12 ajax, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Usually NFL Draft Scouts does a good job, but since they are now supplying CBS sports with the info it is harder to get to. www.nfldraftscout.com

You have to google it nfl draft scout

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2013&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

14. Jonky

Jonky Banned

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Texas A&M RB Christine Michael says reports of him missing two team meetings during combine week are untrue.
    Michael says it was a misunderstanding and that he was very sick during the week. This reporting is encouraging considering how many questions there are with his character. He was in the "doghouse" in his final season at A&M. Michael has four workouts scheduled with the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts and Minnesota Vikings. Mar. 8 - 1:56 pm et
    Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

This is good news for me.

16. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

No offense, but I don't put much credence in Michael's story in this case, given his past history. I'll trust that Sumlin had him in the doghouse for a reason, and that NFL people aren't making up a story that he missed meetings at the combine. If he was truly sick, wouldn't that have been noted by league and team doctors?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tea leaves: Everybody went to Alabama's Pro Day but only Terry Bradway to West Virginia's. What does that mean for people like Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, DJ Fluker, Eddie Lacy, Jessie Williams, Barrett Jones, Geno Smith and Tavon Austin?

There were so many prospects at the Alabama Pro Day that you can argue the full squad was necessary to properly evaluate them. Still it's hard to imagine that having John Idzik on hand at Alabama's Pro Day didn't herald the likely draft of one or more of those guys early on.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

19. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

It's one of those things where there are multiple pro days happening at the same time, so you split up and cover as much as you can, considering the number of prospects in one place.

20. Bradway & Idzik at Tennesee's pro day today to watch Corradelle Patterson among others- Per Cimini.