Positives from the Browns game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Some people might disagree, but I think if Gase doesn’t cut the Mustard (and I am still giving him a chance thru the bye to show me something) but G Williams can Coach and Discipline well and could be our Fail Safe over the next year.
    The Defense played well Monday and in game 1 and the Owners should take notice which Coach used what he had better given the numerous injuries both on Offense and defense.
    Positive players: Healthy: Bell Hairston Ficken
    Crowder R Anderson
    Out: Sam D Q Williams Moseley

Management: Douglas is OK so far

Coaching: Gotta See Off. Guru Gates live up to it

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The comparison of injuries on offense to defense I still can not understand.

On defense we are missing Mosley, who is huge, and Williams, who is a rookie.

On offense we are missing our starting QB, our second string QB who was injured after 6 attempts, our starting TE, a starting receiver, and a backup receiver.

Williams developed a gameplan around Marcus Maye, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, Steve McLendon, etc.

Gase developed a gameplan around Luke Falk, Le'Veon Bell, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, Josh Bellamy, and Ryan Griffin.

Maye, Adams, Williams, McLendon - all would be starters are numerous teams in the NFL.

Falk - would never be a starter anywhere in the NFL.
    Bell - obvious starter.
    Anderson - would be a #2 or #3 anywhere else in the league.
    Crowder - starter
    Bellamy - would likely not start anywhere else in the league.
    Griffin - no chance in hell he would be a starter anywhere else

I'd say Gase had to deal with dogshit while Williams was missing one very important piece and a rookie defensive lineman

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good points ...and like I said Gase needs a chance to show some Offensive Innovation with a full compliment of players especially Sam.
    >>>>>Once the Offense is fully replenished I expect points and wins even with a bad OL
    No excuses..A good Coach finds a way to get it done<<<<<

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Thx, man. I was hoping they would claim Doss to active roster and try to make him #4 WR, and keep Bellamy as #5 and as a special teamer. I know, that is five WR on the active roster, but that really is not that uncommon. Anyway, we can add WR to the long list of 2020 draft needs which already includes OL, CB, and pass rusher.

NCJetsfan likes this.