Positives from the Browns game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why did OBJ have the whole field to himself? Was it Greg Williams fault for the D he called and where he had Maye line up, or was Maye out of position or freelancing?

2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

that was him; ran twenty yards in the wrong direction

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. chandler

Maye had a brain fart on that play as near i could tell. he was running away from the play completely unaware that OBJ even had the ball

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

maye tried to force him to change direction so the pursuit could catch him. nobody is tackling OBJ in the open field like that. OBJ was jsut too fast though and did change direction but we couldn't catch him form behind even with maye redirecting him. poole almost got him though. without maye doing that OBJ basically walks into the end zone with nobody within 10 yards of him. it's the same thing you'll see kickers/punters try to do on returns. just make them slow down enough by changing direction so others can catch them

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

potential top 10 pick? I would say that is a lock and its more are we looking at a potential top 3 pick (answer - probably)

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Bell looks like a good signing

It was on too late in the UK for me to have to suffer it live

That's about it.

7. chandler

I'll have to rewatch this because i don't remember it that way at all. What I saw was a guy running to a different part of the field as if he were completely unaware OBJ even had the ball, and instead was trying to help our on the right side of the field.

besides, he is the safety. OBJ should have been in front of him and he should have tackled him. Never heard of a safeties job being to redirect a guy so someone else could tackle him.

8. GasedAndConfused

I take it back. I just re-watched it a few times and it's tough to say but maye had single high safety middle of the field about 20 yards off the LOS. The browns were trips left so maye right before the snap drifted over that way. beckham caught it over the middle and it looks like may just took a really bad angle on the play and fucked up. I think maye just made a really bad play TBH

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. chandler

that's what i recalled. he got turned around and saw something on the other side of the field. he's been playing well this season but that play was ugly

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but there are none.

This season is an unmitigated disaster that will go down in the anals of Jets history, and perhaps come near headlining the list.

11. GasedAndConfused

yeah hard to kill the guy over 1 bad play but still no excuse either. i'm sure GW is ripping into him for that play right now

12. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Positives: we'll probably be removed from all and any night games. I hate those fuckers anyway.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

whoever picked the jets and browns for a week 2 monday night game should feel ashamed as it is.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Did you mean to write anals instead of annals? It makes sense either way.

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

My only pause with Douglas so far is his approach to WR to start the season. Josh Bellamy is a career special teamer who McIdiot overpaid. But for Douglas to start the season with Bellamy as #4 WR was a recipe for disaster. When Enumwa got hurt, I was not surprised and I would not have been so unprepared. Douglas picked up 4 guys off waivers, and I was shocked he didn't get claim a decent WR (or two).

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

bellamy dropped 1 tough pass. big deal. he's fine as a WR 4. the bigger issue at WR for us was locking down enunwa over anderson and now we are stuck with Qs contract who cannot stay healthy and have to find a way to resign anderson and add another WR on the outside

17. NCJetsfan

Were there any decent WRs that were available that he didn't claim? I honestly don't remember. If there were and we could fit them under the cap, then I might agree, but I don't remember any good WRs that were available. The other thing is that most people think that the #4 WRs and below must play STs. Whomever was available may not have been a STer.

tomdeb likes this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Since you asked, the guy who I thought might be available and WAS available is WR Keelan Doss. He had a record career at UC Davis in 2018 and was projected as round 3-5 WR in the 2019 draft. He wasn't drafted and signed with the Raiders as an UDFA. He has a standout spring and summer, but the Raiders waived him Sept. 1. Doss is one guy who I think the jets should have claimed and I was hoping would be claimed. The Jags signed him to their practice squad, and when Antonio Brown bolted for the Pats, the Raiders signed/REacquired Doss off the jags practice squad to the Raiders active roster. Not sure he has played for the Raiders in game 1 or 2, or if he will ever amount to anything, but IMO he has a hell of a lot more potential than Bellamy, or that Smith WR on jets practice squad, or anyone else below their starters. The jets WR cupboard is bare.

19. NCJetsfan

Thanks, Tom. Yes, I would have wanted Douglas to claim Doss, but I can't imagine that he would have waived Bellamy who plays STs for Doss, who I don't think plays STs. I think Doss has potential, but I think the Jets would have probably signed him to the PS, and Oakland would have just signed him off the Jets' PS as they did the Jags.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This was his drawback in college as well, he’s trying to give receivers time to separate but he took a lot of sacks doing that.

I believe you will see him go through progression faster with more practice. The other problem is, this is his first time seeing NFL defenses, I have always liked Falk and I’m confident that he could be a good QB, he needs playing time.