Positive of losing today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

haha true that.... looking forward to knicks and rangers who may actually win a few games...to the guy who said he wants to shoot mulligan in the head...im not sure that would do anything cuz the dipshit clearly doesn't have a brain to begin with...

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

At least NASCAR will be back in a month and I will have something worth watching. Turn left, turn left, turn .....

Lets be real, the other New York sports teams are as depressing as watching the Jets.

If I watch football, it will be to cheer the Giants, my #2 NFL team. And yes you can be a Jets fan and like the Giants second, they are in the NFC after all, and maybe just some year we will have a NY vs NY SuperBowl. (I mean NYC SB. F@ck the Bills.)

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

This fucking sucks yet again. Better fucking build a team and win a championship soon because I am sick of the Giants and sick of the Patriots.

4. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Just pass me whatever you're smoking...I need it tonight.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

True. This was an extremely frustrating season. There were very few games where the Jets seemed like they played well on all sides of the ball. Even if they won, there were few wins that were truly satisfying (which were all against crappy teams).

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We get to sit back and watch new england lose at home for the third time in a row

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

1. Rex Ryan can finally shut the fuck up.
    2. Many of you "My Quarterback" people can realize Sanchez blows.

One negative is that Shotty is gonna get fired...Sucks cause you guys might get a real OC now...You guys had our strategy of run run pass going real well in that game...

8. SienaSaints

Your team sucks even more. Go away at least we've won something recently. You can have Schottenheimer.

9. LeonNYJ

What's that? Super Bowl? Nope. Conference? Nope. Division? Nope. Jets have won jack, just like the Dolphins.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

This.

Maybe we are gonna get our QB and coach this time around...

I can hope?

11. SienaSaints

Right cause its better to sit at home in January than be in the playoffs. You think the losing teams in the playoffs this year would rather be eliminated in December than play in January when all is said and done? Would you trade the last two seasons with the last 2 seasons that Miami has had? Would you trade Rex Ryan for Tony Sporano?

12. LeonNYJ

No, I wouldn't, but you still can't say that they've won anything. Ask any player on the Jets and they'd probably tell you the same thing. They haven't won a thing.

Have the Jets been more successful than the Dolphins over the past few seasons? Of course they have. However, you can't say that the Jets have won anything, because they haven't.

13. SienaSaints

Oh shut the hell up with your fucking technicalities you know what I meant.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

yeah, the goal is a SB title. The Jets haven't done it. They are not much better than the Dolphins.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im going to say it again. WE LOST TO THE FUCKING DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are all of you guys under 25 years old or have you all forgotten how much jets fans hate the dolphins?

the jets have now lost 5 of the last 7 times to the goddamn miami dolphins... and nobody even gives a damn.

to not make the playoffs sucks. but there is nothing in the world EVER positive about losing to the fucking dolphins, especially to get knocked out by them before the damn tennessee game even ended. and as i said before to watch that cock gobbler jason taylor stand there in the middle of the field like he was the king of the world...

now to read through 2 pages of guys talking about the fucking positives of losing a game to the dolphins makes me want to throw up.

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Hell yea i would move these up in the list..along with re learning how to make textbook tackles!

17. LeonNYJ

I'm 26, and having grown up with one of my best friends being a Dolphins fan and having him heckle me constantly all throughout my youth for being a Jets fan (before the Parcells years finally changed things) makes my hate for them run very deep.

However, with that said, there are times where you can suck it up with a loss like this and say that if this loss brings about positive change for this team, then it's worth it.

Had the Jets won the game they'd be picking #20 rather than #16. Maybe it's not hugely significant, but 4 picks can mean a lot.

Had the Jets won the game convincingly, I'm sure the chances of firing Schitty would have decreased some (it's still not a sure thing until it happens).

If these things occur, then the loss, to me, would be worth it... Especially knowing, in the end, that the game was meaningless in terms of the playoff picture.

The future of the team is more important than a worthless game today. I'd rather lose one today and win 10 tomorrow than win one today and lose 10 tomorrow.

#37 LeonNYJ, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012