Portis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 5, 2007.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I live in MD, but I'm not listening to the sports radio, but I haven't read anything along these lines in the paper. How in the world could the Reskins justify trading Portis for the 2nd round pick they just traded away. It doesn't even make any sense.

That said, Portis is good, but I have a bit of concern over his shoulder injury since RB's get hit a lot. If he's healthy, he's one of the best 10 back in the NFL.

2. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Mart, love it but don't believe it. For this to happen the dopeskins would have to be thinking about a coach change.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

id do

OUR 2nd round pick + 5th rounder

for

Portis

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, that's where the Jets will start if they offer.

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I don't see why Washington wouldn't trade Portis. He's under a big contract and they built the team around him. Then he went down, Ladell Betts stepped in and was just as good. Maybe they learned that a good O-line and good offensive scheming is more important than the RB. Or maybe Betts is just that good. Either way, I could see it happening.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd do that for a 2nd round pick, but no more.

7. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Why would they want Washingotn or Houston? They have Betts and Duckett...

As for the trade as a whole. There is little doubt in my mind that they will offload Portis this offseason because of his hefty contract and Betts' excellent play, but I think a lone 2nd rounder wouldn't get the trade done. Portis is a top 10 back, still young, and has produced in two different systems already, he is deserving of more than a 2nd rounder.

Would anyone do it for our first round pick? It is bound to be in the twenties, and if Lynch and all the other marque running backs in the draft are gone I wouldn't mind spending it on a proven yet young back.

I'm not all that into th edraft seen yet, but what are the chances of Lamaar Woodley still being there with Washington's second round pick. Because that would be a great draft day IMO if we got Portis and Woodley with our first two picks.

8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Exactly I like Leon alot but if u say he is a warrick dunn type, well Dunn has always needed another back with him. Whether it was Alstott or Duckett. Also Vick runs alot on some designed runs to give him some rest.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people are against the outside possibility of signing Randy Moss but imagine Coles, Cotch, Moss, Portis, and Washington all on the field at the same time.

That would be sick.

10. pollaxt

pollaxt New Member

Actually the rumor floating around in DC airwaves has been Portis to Detroit for Dre Bly and the #2 pick in the draft.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No way Detroit gives up Bly AND the #2 overall pick for Portis when they could just draft Adrian Peterson. I think it would make sense if it was a 2nd round pick instead

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Matt Millen is a certified fool. I wouldn't doubt any rumor I heard about the Lions at this point.

13. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

Not much of a concern, expect for this year, he has sick stats and is young. We would get a proven productive back, with the draft you never know.

Do it in a heartbeat. That would make Chad's play action nasty.

14. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

Wow that's crazy.I would definetly do that trade.If we HAD to I would trade our 1st round pick for him.Guys like Portis are hard to find and as much as I like some of the Rb's coming out this year there's most likely not going to be any guys like Portis.

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Done and done...like I said in an earlier post, i'd give up our #1 for a proven stud like portis, its the difference between #26 and #38, a second rounder would be a steal. Hey, maybe we could even throw in "set the" Barlow and kill two birds with one stone.

16. Nesquik

Thats what im hoping for next year we could put 35 on anybody easy.

17. Nesquik

Yeah i heard that too but i doubt detroit does that they already have a runningback in jones and why would they trade the 2nd overall for Portis hes not worth that.

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I like the people saying, "i'd do it for the Jets #2 but not the one they received from Washington!"

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. HudsonJet

HudsonJet New Member

Like IBleedGreen said, we need to first worry about the playoffs. But once the off season begins, I would take that trade in a sexond. Preferably our 2nd first rounder though.

20. HudsonJet

HudsonJet New Member

Like IBleedGreen said, we need to first worry about the playoffs. But once the off season begins, I would take that trade in a second. Preferably our 2nd first rounder though.