Poor officiating in London game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kinggofg, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As long as it is cheaply degenerate it's going to be a favored destination for Londoners wanting to get some warm weather and rays on the beach.

2. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

The game today was different from the other two London games this year, in that it was free to air in any country in the world that wanted it. I have no idea how many countries picked it up bit if a broadcaster in Mongolia wanted it they could have had it. The idea was the nfl trying to promote the game worldwide so no way were they going to allow a blow out. I had my suspicions after the call on gilcrist but the non call for pi on the throw to Smith just confirmed it

TNJet likes this.
  3. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I know the NFL is a business. I know some the the shady shit that happens in the name of "business". But could the NFL really get away with telling the refs to keep it from being a blowout? I mean thats quite a leap. I guess I'm inclined to think it was just bad luck. The ref saw the jersey grab, seems like, based on watching other games so far this year, they call a jersey grab 9 times out of 10. The push off was obvious on TV, but on the field it might have just looked like they got mixed up a little.

Question, why why why would you grab a jersey if you are a DB. Is it really that much of an advantage? Its so visible, does little to knock them off cour,se and seems to being called every time. Don't grab, no call. Seems simple to me.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

And...who is going to do something about it?

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They were embarrassing. Without the Refs, the Jets may have had a shutout. The NFL didn't want that for an international game. Awful.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is Rodger Goodell pushing his agenda down on the refs......Honestly its becoming a joke everyweek with the blatent bs calls....everytime we make a big play I hold my breath that a flag isn't gonna be thrown.

TNJet likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. When we make a big play, rather than to celebrate it, I freeze and stare intently at the top of my tv screen in anticipation of that damn yellow penalty indicator bar.

Freddy Mondo, NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree that was really odd. I thought the ball went out of bounds at the 11. and thought the ball should have been at the 6 with the penalty, instead they placed it at the 11. It seemed as if they didn't apply the 5 yard penalty at all. Maybe the Jets declined it for some reason.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have to say, throwing the flag every play and running all these commercial breaks causing the game to last around 3 1/2 hours is not going to interest the Brits one bit. Americans like to rag on soccer a lot, but the games (matches) are about 2 hours and its done. No breaks other than half time and very minor game stoppage (clock still runs). Maybe 1-0 isn't jive with the American desire for scoring, but I am starting to get why people like that sport. Not to mention they have Rugby too, which is obviously very physical. Also, we send England the Jaguars every year, so that says a lot right there.

Freddy Mondo and Ubiquitous like this.
  10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Refs were the fins best receivers.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

the non call on fitz interception was ridiculous

dolphins guy shoves the reciever down and no call

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Some real garbage calls today at bad times......One in particular really stood out to me as to why the defense is at such a disadvantage in the NFL these days

That PI against Gilchrist early on going into the endzone (I think it was the 2nd PI of that drive) against Cameron was just so clearly not on Gilchrist but it gets called anyway because he's the defender.....Cameron actually should've been called for offensive PI if anything as he held Gilchrist's arm.....Anyone else watch the replay?

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yup.... the game was on the extended cable package here in Taiwan. We normally don't get any NFL games. You had to have an upgraded cable package to watch it but it was on here. We don't even get the Super Bowl unless you have the NFL online package so it was very rare that any game would be on here.

I turned to my buddy after Miami scored with the 2 bullshit PI calls and said the league was trying to keep Miami in the game just for the new fans.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah the one on Gilchrist was horse shit.... Cameron was totally at fault. How about the INT by Revis where Fouts circles the Phins in an illegal formation when the ball is snapped and no flag was thrown. I also have no idea how Gilchrist gets called for PI but the Phins defender shoulder blocks Smith to the ground and pics the ball off and no flag. You can't give me that the defender has just as a right to the ball as WR when the WR gets knocked to the ground. These guys weren't fighting for the ball it was blatant PI.

TNJet likes this.
  15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

People need to stop crying over the refs. They are not out to try and keep games close or against the Jets. We get some bad calls against us and some for us.

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cheers. I thought they actually moved the ball to the 16... I'll check the game tonight when I get home.

On the second PI call in a row (on Cro), he grabbed the Dolphin receiver's jersey. Just a little tug, but enough. Not sure about the first, though.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Speaking of complaints, that Jaguars -Colts game should have been blacked out if but to only save us from watching crappy football.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hope the refs got the TSA special at the airport.

[​IMG]

#58 TNJet, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  19. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

I would love to have seen what the outcome of the ivory td would have been if we were 20 pts up at the time. The call stood as a td it wasn't confirmed, I'd suggest if we are 20 up he's down by contact at the 2 and 3 holding pens push us back to the 32.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Terrible non call however receiver has to get his head out of his ass and make the tackle, its not college anymore