POLL: Who was to blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 15, 2010.

?

Who was to blame for Monday's loss?

1. Offense

91.9%
  2. Defense

4.4%
  3. Special Teams

3.7%
  1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Brian Girlyheimer and his retarded conservative play calling.

2. BleednGreen247

Lol were any of the Jets field goals a result of the jets actually moving the ball into the field goal range? the answer is no.

blame schitty.

3. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Who the hell voted for defense and special teams???

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I believe this would qualify as running up the score, something you can count on this offense not doing any time soon.

link

5. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

When put into a poll, the only logical answer is the offense. However, we are a defensive team, and our expectations should be much higher for our D. We were great against the run, but pass D and flags need improvement.

We take away any ONE of those huge penalties and we win that game. Problem is, most of the Defensive penalities were legit calls due to guys struggling to cover those 3 WR.

ST's looked pretty good, but Braylons penalty cost us 4 points, and Wayne Hunter's PF was absurd.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:rofl:

and I'm still right:up:

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This was a complete loss. Everyone played a hand in it.

The only people I DON'T blame are Tomlinson and the front 7 on the defense.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there's votes for defense & special teams. The offense was terrible & what is most frustrating is that they never tried to take advantage of Raven's possible weakness (which is their secondary).

The Ravens are tough defensively & their front seven is amazing. Being shutdown by the Ravens D would be easier to accept if we had tried different things offensively. Every drive just seemed to be run up the middle & when looking for something different a short pass.

One long pass was caught & then called back for penalty. You would think that the offensive coordinator or coach or Sanchez would've felt that they could try it again at least once more in the whole ******* game

9. xxedge72x

There were two things that put the Ravens over us clearly: the penalties and the 3rd down conversions.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This board should have special buttons and drop-down menus for when inside jokes cross over between threads.

To put this poll into the proper perspective, you need to review this thread.

Then, when you've gone through all of that, to REALLY put things into the correct light, you'll need to run a search for a thread from several years back entitled "I Must Respond." A great, great thread. :)

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I should probably just let this topic die, but there's something else that needs to be brought up that no one really has.

Baltimore is at least as good as us.

By that I mean, even with a depleted secondary, it's not terrible. Consider that our secondary lined up our best player against a non-best player. Then we had a rookie cover that best player. We also had our starting safety out. Overall, our secondary was weaker than it's regularly going to be.

Both of our front 7 are formidable, and considering their man in the middle compared to ours losing ours 6 snaps in, theirs might get the edge (especially since we were without Pace.)

This was a battle of two top-tier defenses. Of course we didn't score. Yes, we made mistakes, the game plans should have changed, blah, blah, blah. The fact is, we weren't playing a weak defensive team. We were playing a Super Bowl caliber one. The fact that everyone is harping on our lack of offense without giving any credit whatsoever to the Ravens is a bit ridiculous.

Our defenses negate each other. They're both shutdown Ds. They have the edge when comparing offenses though. They have one more receiving threat than we do right now. Keep in mind, if we play them in January, we'll have Holmes. Suddenly things are more even, which given that we lost by 1 means we have a much better chance of winning next time.

Rather than assign a lot of blame at this point, we may want to simply give credit where due. The Ravens simply found a way to win.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i just voted special teams for 'lol' purposes.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS!!!!!!! Watched the game again last night and was even more enraged by most of the penalties called and equally enraged by those that weren't (seriously guys, our DE's got Barroned for most of the night).

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Bite your tongue.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Who in their right mind would choose special teams? They were great, I imagine it was a joke.

Obviously it's the offense, and I still put most of the blame on Schotty. The penalties were brutal, I don't think I can recall going to a game with so many negative game changing penalties being called against us.

16. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Didn't need a poll for this.

Sanchez
    Schotty
    other

would have been fine by me for this poll

17. BleednGreen247

Did you download the game?

18. xxedge72x

Can I get a vote for George Bush?

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't agree with special teams being at fault. It played a great game.

This is why I picked the D. Everyone was going to pick the O, but the blame had to the D as well.

20. soccerjack

soccerjack New Member

If you only allow 10 points in a game in the NFL and you have even a middle of the road offense you are expected to win.