Poll: Which of their own FAs should the Jets re-sign?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 13, 2020.

?

Which of the Jets' FAs should they re-sign?

1. Brian Poole

48 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Robby Anderson

20 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Jordan Jenkins

45 vote(s)
    80.4%
  4. Kelvin Beacham

31 vote(s)
    55.4%
  5. Alex Lewis

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Neville Hewitt

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  7. Brandon Shell

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. All of the above

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. None of the above

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Other

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As long as he doesn't demand to be paid like a star, he should be brought back. Even a raw rookie like Curtis Weaver on the other side could turn Jenkins into a 10+ sack guy.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd rather keep Anderson over Jenkins if it came down to it. And I am a huge fan of Jenkins, I felt he was better then his Georgia counterpart.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I doubt he demands star pay. To many big names out there. Clowney and Ngakoue should be top tier. Dupree may hit top as well. Jenkins should be afford and if we get the correct complement he will excell.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. He's a guaranteed double digit sack guy once paired alongside of another outside pass rushing OLB.

He's also a great edge setter against the run as both Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace were for us.

Jordan Jenkins is a must keeper.

I remember when coming out of Georgia, all the media hyped was his teammate in Leonard Floyd who went top 10 1st round compared to Jenkins 3rd round despite nearly identical college #s playing alongside one another.

Jordan Jenkins is a must keep.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really want to throw some big money @ Robby Anderson. He's earned it ever since emerging onto the scene during preseason as an unknown small school kid and ever since then has produced more than most 1st & 2nd round WR's. In other words, he's earned his payday with effort and production (despite not having an O-Line needed in order for his deep routes to develop).

I want to see Robby Anderson opposite of a WR such as a Jeudy or a Lamb. Good Lord.

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.
    WR 1: Jeudy/Lamb.
    Slot : Jamison Crowder
    WR 2: Robby Anderson.
    TE 1: Chris Herndon.
    TE 2: Ryan Griffin.

You give that offense above an offensive line; and it's going to become a great one.

Robby Anderson gives opposing #1 CB's fits.

Line him opposite of a Jeudy or Lamb and no #2 CB stands a chance against Anderson one on one on the outside and no chance whatsoever on deep routes with an O-Line who can pass protect. Robby Anderson is a #1 WR and would absolutely tortch and dominate opposing #2 CB's.

Robby would be pure greatness and fire power lined up opposite of a Jeudy/Lamb and is a must re-sign on an already thin WR rotation.

Remember 2011? Stripping Sanchez of HIS WR's? Tragic. Losing Robby Anderson would become a Sam Darnold disaster too.

Mr mittens and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  6. J-Raw24

I want Anderson back. I've been a fan of his since he got to camp as udfa. But I wouldn't pay more than 11-12. Anything more is oline money. He just hasn't produced enough for me to not sign scherff instead, and find a cheaper route. I don't think AJ Green makes more than 12 considering the injuries and lack of production recently. Sucks because as you said Lamb/Anderson/Crowder/Herndon/Griffin/Bell if he can return to form would give Sam enough to scare off most dcs... but we also have to worry about that line before Sam becomes David Carr.

7. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

I don't believe they should resign Anderson. He is not a true number 1 receiver yet wants to be paid like one. This is a very deep draft for receivers and the Jets can find a number 1 better than Anderson with one of their top 4 picks.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just remember what happened to Mark Sanchez.

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What are you basing this on? What number have you seen from Anderson or his agent that leads you to believe this or are you caught up in all the noise from the wags or estimates of his value by those who have made careers of following such things?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k. And your point? You need MULTIPLE offensive weapons in order for Sam Darnold to flourish with WR's.

Crowder is a slot. He is not an outside WR.

And Robby Anderson has flourished against opposing #1 CB's and made a name for himself as one of the NFL's fastest and explosive deep THREAT wide receivers out there.

Draft Lamb/Jeudy and guess what? They then becomes our #1 while Robby becomes one of the best "#2" WR's out there.

I BET you can not name 5 #2 WRs better than Anderson both talent and statistical production over past 3-4 years against #2 CB's. Robby will touch them lol.

1.)
    2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)

Name 5 "#2 WR's" better option for Darnold than Robby. Good luck.

Just because you draft a promising 1st round WR does NOT mean you automatically let go of one of the best deep threat WR's this franchise has ever seen.

KC and Mahomes omg and Watson and Houston or heaven forbid Baltimore and Lamar Jackson got their hands on Robby Anderson as a speed burning outside WR good God. They actually have O-Lines that can protect in order for Robby to develop his deep routes. Stop pretending as if the world has seen the best of Robby because of the... JETS lol

Simple minded fans.

"#2". Joke.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

A draft pick, especially a WR, is NEVER a sure fire replacement for anybody. Sure, there are WR in this draft that project to be successful at the next level, but that is all speculation and probably no better than a 50/50 shot. Anderson, whether you like him or not, is a proven commodity. He is also getting better under Ward's influence. Fix this oline so that Sam has the time to wait for those downfield routes to develop and you will see some serious fireworks between him and Anderson. I am sure the Jets will try pretty hard to hold onto Robbie. Don't kid yourself, there are teams out there that would be more than happy to add him to their receiver room.

12. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

Well he has said he is determined to test free agency because he wants a max value contract. This is directly from him and I take it to mean he wants 14 million per season.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  13. Ralebird

So you picked a number out of the sky and assume that he wants to be paid like a number one based on his wanting to get the best deal he can for himself?

How many people do you know that go looking for a job not wanting to make the best deal they can for themselves?

In the meantime how are you going to get a replacement who will do what Anderson has done and has the chemistry with Darnold and not sacrifice all the other needs the team has?

#33 Ralebird, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

There was a report out that said he was asking for 13-14 million or more. Not sure its real but I have seen it. My guess is something was leaked but with reporters you never know. My guess is we offered him 11 or 12 and his agent said no. But regardless he will hit free agency. Best we can hope is Douglas offers 12 an no one matches. Anything over 12 and I say we get a top tier o line instead. I want Robbie back but we need to fix the line and paying him like a top wr isn't going to help.

15. Ralebird

There have been plenty of stories written and twits tweeted that have never named a number. I'd rather go with that than with an empty claim of something specific that cannot be verified.

With a few weeks left in the season Spotrac calculated his value at $11.7 million. He did nothing to lower that number in December. I expect he'll get 12-13 unless somebody really wants him and ups the ante or he takes less to go where he'd rather be, which might be right here.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

https://nfltraderumors.co/jets-wr-robby-anderson-plans-to-test-free-agency/

Both say $13 million or more. His numbers have gone up. I believe it started at 10 million which I thought the Jets should have done. His agent is trying to push it up I think. I'd say he is equivalent to Tyrell Williams from Oakland. He isn't as good but his connection to Darnold puts him in that range. I wouldn't pay more than that when we need 2 starting receivers, at least 3 lineman, a corner, and have to resign Jenkins, and get another olb, plus resign depth. Also need to bring back beachum or another lts... fact is he's not worth it and it would set us back more to pay him that kinda money. We have to many holes and not enough draft picks or salary space. Thank good old Mac for that.

17. Ralebird

Deciding who to thank has been, is now and forever will be an exercise in futility. Harping on it has never accomplished anything and that's not about to change.

The guys who write these pieces may be closer to the situation than we are so their predictions may be better than ours, I don't suppose that anyone ever goes back and audits their success rate either. With so many slots to fill the cost of breaking up his relationship with Darnold could be more costly than paying him a million more than some other team. He will be a valuable commodity and regardless of where he lands there will be guys here in ten years bitching about paying him too much or cheaping out and letting him get away. Guaranteed!

In any event, all these numbers come from all kinds of places except from Anderson himself; we shouldn't get so hung up on rumors.

TonyFtLaud and J-Raw24 like this.
  18. J-Raw24

I agree. We won't really know until free agency hits. It's like trying to predict the draft at this point. hopefully Douglas has a good plan.

19. Ralebird

"Hopefully_____________has a good plan."

Hmmm, not sure but I think I've seen this before.

LIKE FOR FIFTY FREAKIN" YEARS!

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

1) Stefon Diggs
    2) Chris Godwin
    3) Jarvis Landry
    4) Robert Woods
    5) Calvin Ridley

Some bonus ones for you
    6) Michael Gallup
    7) Mike Williams