Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I just did.

I've been watching film for a week. If you don't tape games, or pay attention to what your watching, go to NFzl.com, and re read the box scores.

2. Hobbes3259

Not to keep making you lok like a jackass, the very next drive he puts on Hill launching from the 40, for 6 mor...no YAC.

Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

I have the tape on.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Wait, just to be clear (I sincerely want to make sure that I am not misunderstanding you), you are saying that the Majority (as in, more than half) of Sanchez's passes have occured on 3rd down with 6 or more yards to go? And if so, REALLY? (This seems almost impossible from a purely statistical point of view, and if you like, I will gladly elaborate)

4. Hobbes3259

Couple series later, he launches from the 37' hits Hill in stride at the 48..

Two plays later launches from the 50' hits Holmes in stride at the 30.

Can we be done now, or do I have to make a career out of making you look stupid?

That's 25 minutes into week one, this year,

Want to argue using the stat line, consider the drop back...

5. slimjasi

Obviously, he made a ridiculous statement in his post that you are exposing as such, but none of this changes the fact that Sanchez blows. His general point is right. Sanchez is particlarly inaccurate for an NFL quarterback and turns the ball over at an alarming rate.

6. Hobbes3259

21 seconds left in the half, he makes an insane throw that was incomplete, because Holmes elbow hit beforspe the second foot.

He's not inaccurate. That's always been my point.

He's always asked because of the retarde GnP philosophy, to throw in difficult spots....like Testaverde was before he came here and became a demigod.

MM will put Nacho, on that path. 16 years younger.

I am not asking anyone to take my word for it...NFL com has all the same games I taped.

Look at what they ask him to do.....The slant and short pass bull shit is hysterical bullshit.

He gets NO EASY throws. And completes 55 percent of the hard shit.

#566 Hobbes3259, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. slimjasi

Where? LOL. Just to remind you, I didn't question anything you said about finding more than 5 instances where Sanchez hit a receiver in stride down the field, I questioned your assertion that the Majority of Sanchez's passes over the course of his career occurred specifically on third down, with 6 or more yards to go. Again, I'm also wondering if I misinterpreted what you wrote (the only way what you wrote is even plausible is if you meant that the majority of Sanchez's passes ON THIRD down occurred with 6 or more yards to go)

8. slimjasi

edit: replied to wrong post

#568 slimjasi, Jan 21, 2013
  9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

are those few good little plays sprinkled in THAT great that you feel he's worthy of keeping around and be allowed to start?

10. slimjasi

Sorry, but I just don't think there is anything to this. Sanchez has been given the opportunity for PLENTY of short, manageable throws . . . he has ALWAYS appeared consistently inaccurate on throws inside of 10 yards. ALWAYS. He consistently threw behind LT and still consistently throws behind Greene. In fact, he still struggles to this day to even approach a respectable screen pass attempt. He's not just inaccurate, he's particularly inaccurate for a starting NFL quarterback.

#570 slimjasi, Jan 21, 2013
  11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a terrible quarterback in all facets. Anyone who blindly supports him is an idiot, no matter how much 'film' they watch.

12. slimjasi

I would be ok with this. As long as someone other than Sanchez is given a chance for a year, I'm all for it. And I totally agree that the only permanent fix is to draft the next franchise qb we have an opportunity to draft. My fear is that we will just be mediocre enough (Somewhere between 5 and 9 wins) to miss out on a high enough drafting position to be able to take the guy we really need.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

For the past two years he has been allowed to change the play at the line. I am sure you watch the games so you know you hear kill, kill, kill about 75% of the time. He gets exactly the play he wants most of the time so to say his problem is because of the system he plays in is ridiculous.

14. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

My eye test: Shows Sanchez consistently throwing behind receivers or overthrowing people

Stats: Show him having a sub 60% completion rating throughout is career though he rarely goes long.

Its hard for me to seriously consider any argument that claims Sanchez is an accurate QB

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I've been avoiding reading it because I get so sick and tired of reading the countless Sanchez sucks, blah, blah posts. It's gotten so big; I got curious. I'm still half way through all the posts in this thread but I had to stop and commend Junc for fighting the good fight while completely undermanned. Without someone to presenting an alternative argument, it's really boring. Even if you disagree with Junc, you have to be impressed by his resiliency.

If anyone cares, I'm on the we've made too big of an investment to bail and that Sanchez has won too many playoff games for us to bail after just 4 years side of the Sanchez coin. After 5 years though it may be another story. At some I feel that we need to stop the "blow up everything up" approach at the first or second signs of trouble. For once let's give a QB and coach the chance to turn it around. With 2 AFC championship games under their belt, I think Sanchez and Rex deserve it. Even if it wasn't the financially prudent thing to do, which it is. So I guess that puts me closer to the Junc side of the argument.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is what i dont understand. he cant throw the ball where he needs to. when he needs to lead a guy he throws it on his back hip or shoulder. even if the receiver makes the catch he is dead to rights because he is tackled immediately by the trailing defender.

he also has a tendency to lead guys into zone defenders to get blasted. its almost like he is doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what he is supposed to do.

he is not in any way shape or form even an accurate or even marginally accurate passer. this is not just this past year, this has been a consistent thing with him for his entire career. the only pass he tends to throw on time and on target regularly is the slant but they figured that out and just get hteir hands up and knock it down.

17. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

It's very simple! The nacho haters are 100% correct that he is not an NFL caliber Qb. He has done nothing to increase the teams chances of winning a superbowl since being drafted. He held our team out of the Super Bowl in 2010 with " the fumble"! In 2011 he choked at the end, and we stayed home for the playoffs. 2012 remember the tenn game? Same thing. 2009 our d wasn't capable of stopping manning, but taco couldn't move the ball through the air. He still can't pack the offense throwing the ball because he isn't an NFL Qb! The nacho lovers just do not understand the position of Qb! They can't see what held and continues to hold our team out of serious contention. Simple as that! I'm glad the lovers of taco are not the jets GM, we would be stuck for a decade chasing our tails, while they try to build the team up so much around him to cover his ass while he continues blundering!

18. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Isn't it interesting that Bill Belicheat simply can't win the big one ever since he was forced to stop CHEATING??? "MR. Genious" becomes just a "good" coach when he doesn't give himself the advantage of cheating to win. Belicheat wins 3 Super Bowls in 4 years WHILE he cheated, and ZERO Super Bowls SINCE. I think an asterisk should go alongside all New England Super Bowl wins. Why should Belicheat and the Patriots KEEP those Super Bowl wins, while Lance Armstrong had to give back HIS championships???? Cheating is cheating

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Are you on drugs or did you not watch any Jet games this year? He almost never goes deep. All of his passes are short to intermediate. He has no touch on any of his passes. Him trying to throw a screen pass is downright comical. The ground and pound philosophy was only in place because of how terrible Sanchez is. You honestly think if we had a QB who wasn't god awful like Sanchez, we would be grounding and pounding? Get real. You're so delusional it seems like you're borderline trolling at this point and trying to stir things up.

20. slimjasi

I vehemently disagree with this, both in principle and practicality. To me, there is nothing inherently commendable about taking a contrarian point of view, in and of itself. To me the truly commendable thing is to base your opinion on facts, evidence, and most importantly, logic. In other words, reglardless of how you feel about a topic as subjective as whether or not Mark Sanchez is a good NFL quarterback, one should be objective, intellectually honest, and ultimately, rational about why he/she feels as he/she does.

#580 slimjasi, Jan 21, 2013