Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Remember the whole argument about Joe Flacco vs Mark Sanchez back in 2010....Yeah..........

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Also, if your contention is that Sanchez needs to be babied to the point of him not being forced to ever improvise or "think on his feet" (so to speak) then you are implicitly admitting that he isn't anything close to a franchise quarterback. A big part of being a quarterback in the NFL is being able to make something out of a broken play. Things like finding your second and third receiver, dealing with the sudden pressure of a corner/safety blitz (something Sanchez is horrendous at), avoiding the pass rush and keeping your eyes down the field, and ultimately making prudent decisions and accurate throws when the play doesn't unfold the way it was drawn up, are all quintessential traits of a good NFL quarterback. Sanchez really isn't close.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Exactly he's plenty accurate. Gets the ball right into the defender's breadbasket so much. He hits them right on the numbers.

That completion percentage stat unfairly judges Mark Sanchez because those perfect completions to corners, safeties, linebackers, and d-lineman are unfairly recorded as incompletions - skewing his statistics. Pesky statisticians!

4. slimjasi

Right, because the quarterback's ability to COMPLETE PASSES to open receivers is a poor indicator of accuracy. of course.

Well, since you don't like completion percentage, how about just watching him game after game and noticing how many passes sail over the heads of his wide open receivers?

5. slimjasi

Serious question: Where does the delusional thinking among Sanchez apologists end? How could any rational, sane person, equipped with anything even resembling a brain, dispute the fact that Mark is a woefully inaccurate passer, by NFL standards?

#525 slimjasi, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

again, comp % and accuracy are 2 very different things. This is basic football, not really something we need to discuss.

7. slimjasi

except that it is and you are beyond delusional when it comes to anything Sanchez related. And you don't need his completion percentage to realize that Sanchez is horribly inaccurate. If you have objectively (key word) watched and assessed Sanchez's play, it is an irrefutable fact of life that Mark misses a lot of throws. Seriously, do you even watch him play? Have you ever seen him TRY and throw a screen pass? Haha, you are clueless. It's fun exposing how lost you are.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Uh...what?

If you have a lower completion percentage, you're not very accurate. Some of it is due to drops and whatnot, but most of the time it's all on your boy.

9. slimjasi

If you polled any random grouping of football analysts, scouts, fans, etc, I'm quite confident that well over 90% of them would call Sanchez an "inaccurate" passer. Stop "rationalizing" (I'm using this word rather generously) your way into absurd positions just to defend our shitty quarterback. Folks, this is the real world. Wake up.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Technically it can be separate, but usually it is a good indicator of accuracy. Like if you throw into tight coverage a lot, you can be accurate but your comp % could be very low since none of them squeeze through or caught. But outside of some extreme situations they can usually be tied together

11. nyjunc

I didn't say anything w/ regards to mark Sanchez, I just made a statement that comp % and accuracy are 2 different things. Try reading and absorbing the info before making a fool of yourself again in the future.

12. nyjunc

if you polled average football fans they would say that, I agree with you. That's why you don't truly understand this game.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Wrong, to a degree, again....Accurate passers will always carry a higher completion percentage than an inaccurate passer. that may go up and down from season to season but the whole as a consistant bears out.

Sanchez seldom hits his receivers on the run, he constantly over throws, under throws, throws behind or too far in front of a reciever. Yes you can look at an occasional game where he looks really good, but to use a baseball analogy even the worst pitcher can occassionally throw a perfect game.

Sanchez is consistantly late with his decisions, has very little anticipation on where a reciever will be or when they'll come out of a break. Even when a receiver is WIDE open he'll often throw it in a manner that requires the receiver to stand in place waiting for the ball, or force him to come back to the ball and therefore negate much possible yards after the catch.

People who try to argue that there is no relation between accuracy and completion percentage on a year in and year out basis resort to that argument as a last line of defense.

I have little doubt that Sanchez is an accurate QB in practice, there are no variables. Last night with Joe Flacco you saw a cam shot that showed the world...when Sanchez see's a play his eyes look nervous, when flacco saw a play open up the camera was on his face and you saw a big shit eating grin on his face before the threw the ball, he knew he had it.

14. nyjunc

why do so many struggle w/ basic reading comprehension? Never did I say there is no relation, I simply said they are 2 different things. The average fan thinks high comp % means very accurate passer. There are numerous factors involved w/ comp %. Do you guys think Flacco is accurate? he was sub 60% this year so he must be an inaccurate passer?

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Saw 5 or 6 of those types of passes from Flacco over the playoffs,
    A number more from Ryan. You see the Saints do it once or twice a game normally. And when they miss it's usually a slight overthrows.

Sanchez on the other hand consitantly underthrows those passes, Yes he can hit one on occasion but I saw Bucky Dent hit a home run once too, doesn't mean it happens often.

16. slimjasi

No, if you polled any objective observer with a brain, they would say that. Again, you are lost.

17. nyjunc

I don't know what games you are watching but please post clips of those siilar throws- I'd love to see them but something tells me they are as real as Manti Te'os girlfriend.

anyone who understands the game would nevre make such an asinine comment.

18. slimjasi

nice try, but your post was done within the context of defending your inept hero. You can try and spin things any way you want, but you really aren't fooling anyone with a brain. The fact of the matter is that in post after post, myself and others, have repeatedly exposed your abject refusal to accept reality. Sanchez sucks and no amount of illogical bantering is going to save you from that truth.

19. nyjunc

I am pretty sure the only thing you guys expose are yourselves flashing in trenchcoats.

Nowhere have I said Mark was anything but brutal this season but he's shown us ability in the past. It's hard to succeed w/o talent and that's what he had to deal w/ this season.

20. slimjasi

I wonder if, deep down, you see how cartoonish your posts have become. Your moronic defense of one of the worst quarterbacks in the league has arguably become the sideshow of this message board. You have no credibility because you are obviously incapable of putting aside your personal biases and being intellectually honest. It's funny to me because you keep trying to outwit myself and others . . . and you keep embarrassing yourself further and further. Your retorts have been reduced to writing nothing other than meaningless jabs like "you don't understand the game". Of course, i can't blame you because, after all, what could you really respond with? Your defense of Sanchez is untenable and an utter laughingstock.