POLL: This is the year Jets will win AFC East. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 30, 2024.

?

Jets will win AFC East

Poll closed Saturday at 11:51 AM.
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. I can't decide because I am a pussy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They intentionally got the specter of the 1st loss out of the way so they can run the table to the Supa Bole... duh

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I regret starting this thread. I should have known better. Good roster bad Head Coach and coordinators. Players can only do so much.

barfolomew and SOJAZ like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tua's injury shook things up a bit.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. It wasn't a big deal at all. Unless you believe that losing about 12 pounds of body fat had something to do with his failure to slide and protect himself.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i'd put my arm around your shoulder and offer yhou high % age alcoholic beverage if I lived near...

Brook! likes this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The news sites I quoted to you previously put his weight/muscle mass loss at at least 25 lbs. That is absolutely relevant to concussions, I can tell you don’t understand how the two are related. Both neck strength and mass are directly related to how much your head shakes when hit, it’s a fairly simple concept. I guess you think it’s mere coincidence that the only full season he played in either his nfl or college career was the same one he put on a large amount of muscle mass, and then immediately went back to getting injured the minute it all came off. You are going against both science and reality LOL.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are a good friend Los.

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bm, that is why I sleected NO...HC and mosr CS suck

Brook! likes this.
  9. Ralebird

That's fine if you believe going from 235 to 220 represents "at least 25 lbs." You put in the links - I read them and I did the math - 6.3% weight loss. You claim it was muscle mass but your recent links have his teammates calling his old look "Chubby Tua" - do you think that's because of the Muscle mass increase you claim? Do you really need to be fact checked on everything you write? You must be a politician!

You're certainly not an expert in biomechanics in claiming that a small weight loss "is absolutely relevant to concussions." Feel free to have that as a personal opinion but don't try to foist it on anyone else. There has been absolutely no indication whatsoever that the guy's "neck strength" has been altered in any direction. Inertia is a key component of concussion and one of the basic laws of physics tells us the larger the mass, the larger the inertia. You got it backwards. What a surprise!

10. Bills over Jets

Lmao you don’t know what you don’t know. I guess that’s ok. You’re right, it’s all mere coincidence!

11. Ralebird

Yeah, goodbye - I prove your numbers are wrong, I prove your science is wrong but instead of manning up or countering all you have to show is to say I don't know. Quite lame!

12. Bills over Jets

It’s not my job to educate you. Think what you want, research what you want, I have better things to do than explain brain science to a guy named Ralebird on a jets message board. The information is out there if you are interested.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Said Yes cause I hate being a dark Sider year after year

OTOH reality check says we have talent but will be outcoached especially in games that matter

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yes Jets will win the division. Its essentially between the Jets and Bills now. The Bills have much harder opponents and that will be the difference.

They have to play the Ravens, Lions, and Chiefs while the Jets do not. I could see them losing all those games.

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Outside of the impact to the Dolphins if Tua misses a bunch of time…but more from the human side man I feel bad for that dude, but honestly he should retire…those head injuries are no joke, and they will catch up later in life outside of football. For whatever reason, he seems to be more prone to them than others…and it’s nothing to joke around…he should be looking at his long term brain health. He’d be walking away from a ton of money so I’m guessing he won’t retire, but man if he were my brother or son or something I would really push him to consider it

SOXXX2 likes this.
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He probably would like to squeak out a few more years to make money but yes he should retire today. I wonder if we see the NFL at some point make that decision for him.

The Dolphins as a franchise should strongly consider where they stand. Building around a concussion prone player is not ideal, I know a lot of phin fans are ready to move forward without him. I'm sure if Rodgers got hurt again we would be saying the same thing so I can't blame them.

17. Ralebird

Educate yourself! Start with math - and how you don't understand that 235 minus 220 is not 25, then move on to physics and how you don't understand inertia. Better yet, just go find yourself a bills forum to make dopey comments on.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Spending your time with bills troll = time wasted.

Don't feed the troll.

19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

The hubris of jets fans amazes me. Only severely retarded people would vote yes.

now I understand how woody had been able to get away with a shit product for so long. Half of the fan base is severely retarded. It’s the only explanation

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Change the poll to will they win a single game thanks