Poll: The Jets are (4-11), Do you Keep or Fire Bowles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Would you Fire Todd Bowles?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

The team quit on Bowles and that's not good. I've never seen a team recover from that.

PulseJet likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I could see where the team makes a turnaround with Bowles as HC in 2017, but I agree it is far from a guarantee.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

can I vote again ? voting once to fire him just does not seem right !

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How? I know you're an optimist, but what has Bowles done, what does he do well enough, and/or what progress/improvement has he shown to make you think this is possible? It truly looks like he has lost the team. If he indeed has, and with his lack of accountability, there would be no coming back from that. It would make 2017 a completely wasted season.

tbruner12 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think Bowles has lost the team too. In addition, I've posted about a number of issues why I think Bowels is not a good coach, however, I still think he will be the coach of the Jets next year. Just don't think Woody will pull the trigger on him after two seasons. In spite of all this, I think the Jets can win next year if they can somehow, either through the draft or FA, or even Hackenberg (I don't think Petty is the answer), get the QB position right. I think the defense is still good enough if the offense had some credibility.

6. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

We should fire him and bring Rex & Rob to the Jets! ......nope..

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He's a disaster and everyone he has hired including Gailey is meh

Redo

Reboot

Start over

Please Mac only ok a vet HC

NO MORE COORDINATORS

Jmho

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That won't happen obviously but even they got 7 wins out of a team with far less talent than the Jets...what does that tell you.

tbruner12 likes this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I could definitely be wrong, but I seem to remember Caughlin losing the Giants for a bit before winning another SB.

Bowles is most certainly not Caughlin, though.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Bowles inherited a bad team, dealt with a major locker room incident that wasn't his fault (the punch), and was a stabilizing presence on the way to a 10-6 record in 2015. 2016 has been a disaster, but it's also been a disaster for Mac too. Very few coaches could win with what Bowles has been given this year.

FJF likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I respectfully, but totally disagree. I think your last sentence is utter nonsense.

Bowles had a better, more talented, faster team this season than last, and did a lot less with it. I think many coaches in the NFL could have won 7-8 games with this team, and possibly more. For one thing, many, if not most, other coaches would hold the players accountable. They would have their teams prepared for games. They would have made better game plans, in-game adjustments, and would manage the games better. Some position coaches would probably have been relieved of duties and quite likely some players benched or cut.

westiedog1 and tbruner12 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Did you see the slide show on the Star Ledger earlier today with 6 potential best offensive-minded HCs the Jets might consider if Bowles is fired? Their order of preference (who they think best) is as follows:

1)Mike McCarthy, Packers HC (if he gets fired);

2) Josh McDaniels, the OC of the Pats;

3) Mike McCoy, HC of the Chargers (if he gets fired);

4) Jim Bob Cooter (the OC of the Lions who has turned the Lions' offense around);

5) Raiders OC Bill Musgrave;

6) Todd Haley, OC Steelers

I loved the list, but not the order. I agree that McCarthy should be the #1 name on the list, but GB would be stupid to fire him.
    I would have the rest of the names in the following order.

2) Todd Haley (because he has HC experience and the job that he's done with the Steelers' offense)

3) Bill Musgrave (because of the job he's done with Derek Carr and the Raiders' offense)

4) Mike McCoy (because he has HC experience, even if SD isn't very good

5) Josh McDaniels (because Pats coaches haven't done well on their own as HCs and apart from Belicheat)

6) Jim Bob Cooter (can you imagine what the NY area media would do with his name especially if he struggled? He's also only 32 and had less coaching experience than the rest. I think he's only been in the NFL for a year or two. I have my doubts as to whether the older vets would respect him)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The thing is even going 10-6 last year Bowles looked over his head as a head coach

This year he still looks the same and with a tougher schedule and less luck his ineptitude is more exposed

You dont leave shit in the bowl hoping it will turn to gold you flush it to get rid if the stink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonofDinger and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

Thanks! This seemingly is good news

Especially since most Jet fans are teetering around the Ledge and ready to drink the Hemlock

I want Mike McCarthy! That would be a real coup

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

as somebody wrote yesterday, johnson never ever misses a game and he didn't show up for the NE game on Saturday. You have to wonder if there is some meaning in that and if he doesn't show up this week too...well

Jets81 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

You're welcome! Yes, let's hope and pray that Woody is thinking along these lines. I would be shocked beyond words if the Packers fired McCarthy. While I don't think he's the greatest HC ever, I think he's better than anyone else who would/could be available aside from Harbaugh, so he would definitely be my choice.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

LOL the lines that Woodrow is thinking is how to address people in England: the Queen "Thank you your Majesty" or "Good Morning Madam" "Is Tea at 3 or 4 Oclock?" In Parliament or Downing Street " The US Ambassador wants a word with the Right Honorable Secretary of External Affairs" AHAHA You think I am kidding?? Woody thinks England is just like the song by Roger Miller "Englands swings,,," Guy knows how to tie his shoelace but after that.....

He should just mail a blank check to N Glat or MM saying "get a warm body"

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If Woodrow is in any way on the fence about firing TB, finishing the season with 3 blowout loses to division rivals might just be the tipping point. Well, he's 2/3 of the way there. I could see the Bills' players rising to the challenge as a way to help Lynn become the HC next season - and just as easily see the Jets do a complete tank job to further drive the stake into TB's heart...

19. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I saw this article too. And Benigno and Roberts were also talking about this yesterday. And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of bringing Haley in.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

-Bring Haley in at HC, he will bring the passing offense expertise and his aggressive no nonsense personality would shake things up on both sides of the ball.

-Bring in his best friend Anthony Lynn (Bills Interim) as OC, to call the plays and bring the running offense expertise. (if he doesnt get the Buffalo job)

-draft and sign as many offensive linemen as you can find.

team would be on its way back to respectability