POLL: Predict Jets Record after Packers and Broncos games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Jets record after the Broncos game

Poll closed Oct 22, 2022.
  1. 5-2 ( Win both games)

16.7%
  2. 4-3 ( Split the games)

70.0%
  3. 3-4 ( Lose both games)

13.3%
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Split.

GB is a tough game but we matchup well with them considering their WRs are awful and our secondary is very good. The Jets need to play cover 1, load the box, and smother their run game.

Denver is god awful, like one of the worst teams in the league level awful. Their defense is fantastic and that worries me, but saying their offense is dreadful is an understatement.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I went 4-3 as like many others. I think the GB game will be closer than we think. GB will try and pound the rock via the run game to set up the playaction pass to Tonyan ect over the middle. Jones is a tough cover out of the backfield as well.

Denver is trash. We will beat them on the road.

I'm going to Tease the Jets +13.5 with Wash/Chi over 32

3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Split

Denver is one dimensional now with Williams out for the season. Gordon lacks the energy and toughness to be the lead back all season but every dog has their day, I just hope that day isn't against the Jets.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can understand being underdogs to the Packers, but don't get it with the Broncos. They're awful. Javonte Williams is gone for the year. Russel Wilson has been awful. IMO there's no way the Jets should lose to Denver. If they do, it will be a major setback imo.

Brook! likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I've had my doubts about Saleh. I don't like his rigidity with his DL rotation and not adapting the schemes more to the players, but I have to hand it to him that the Jets have had no quit in them this year. They are fighting until the last seconds tick off the clock. The game plans are better this year, more creative, more adjustments are being made, and I don't think this team will suffer any letdowns.

Chrisiue and papapump like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets will be 3 point under dogs solely because they’re on the road. Neutral site or at MetLife they’re favorites, imo.

KY Jets Fan, papapump and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I looked back at that game because I had no recollection of it. The Jets started so well. Recovered a fumble on the first play from scrimmage, two sacks on the Packers' next drive, Geno ran in a TD and dropped an absolutely perfect ball into Eric Decker for his first TD as a Jet. Geno was hammered on the wayward pass that was intercepted, but he was looking good.

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome back NC!

I don't share your conviction about beating the Broncos. They are one team that always seems to beat us, even when we should win. And we're playing in Denver so there is the matter of altitude, as well as possible weird weather - we often get a "Halloween snow storm" to signal winter's arrival. I agree should beat them, but I'm not counting on it.

KY Jets Fan, PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

10. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I understand your thoughts on this because Denver frequently has given us a very bad time, but I remember one year (I think back in the '80s or '90s) on Monday Night Football, the Jets totally throttled the Broncos in Denver I believe. The announcers were stunned. They said it was the most complete domination of a game ever on Monday Night Football. I believe that we can get back to that, and this would be a good start. The heck with the altitude and weather. The Jets have a ton of talent, a ton of playmakers who can beat the other team in a variety of ways. With Denver's lousy offense this year, imo there is no way that they should beat us. As you said, they may still beat us, but I don't think they will. Maybe I'm more confident in the team than I should be at this point, but I believe in our young players and am starting to have a lot of faith in our CS.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think they'll split the games. Green Bay will be a tough game for us, although I expect a competitive effort. I haven't seen anything from Denver that tells me that they're much better than any of the teams we've already beaten.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I was never good at math. What's 3 + 2???

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. ukjetsfan

That was the 1986 game. Elway was completely stifled, O'Brien came back from injury to throw a touchdown, we absolutely creamed them.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

My guess is a VERY motivated Rodgers has "something" for the Jets this week. However, I'll be happy to be pleasantly surprised. I've been VERY down on Salaeh and Wilson. I will gladly "eat some crow" as the team improves.

Denver, on the other hand, is a moderate tackle away from Wilson being in the medic's tent and, if Denver loses Wilson, they will have even LESS offense than they have now. Defense wins championships but, let's face it, you have to have some semblance of offense if for nothing else to take time off the clock. My guess is we lose by less than 7 in GB and take that loss into Denver and lay a mighty whupping on the Broncos.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well GB doesn’t scare me as much as they would in prior years, but it IS a home game for them, and they are going to be desperate much like Cincinnati at I was when we played them. I think talent wise we are good enough to win, but this will be tough.

Denver is not a good team right now, and for whatever reason, Russell does not look like Russell at all. But this is another team that almost always beats us, especially in Denver. Don’t know if the altitude makes that much of a difference, but that team usually has a huge home field advantage.

so I’m not sure… both teams are definitely beatable if we look at how they are playing and how we are playing, so winning both is possible.

but we are still the Jets, so we can’t have nice things.

I’m guessing we split the two…not sure which one we win and which we lose, but I think we end up 4-3 after this little road trip

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I will say 4-3. I think we lose at GB (hope I am wrong about that) but win at Denver. The Broncos have to be the most disappointing team in the league given what the expectations were with Russell Wilson going there.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We played Denver at home on MNF in 1986. It was my first Jets game. Final score was 22-10.

Brook!, Chrisiue and ukjetsfan like this.
  18. ukjetsfan

That was a great first game to attend.

bicketybam and Chrisiue like this.
  19. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I think they’re both winnable games.

It’s kind of sad that we’re in a place where us winning feels weird and we don’t trust it. That’s where I’m at right now. I’ve never been a darksider, but I’ve always tempered my expectations. If we lose both games I wouldn’t be surprised. If we win both games, I wouldn’t be surprised either because I think we have enough talent to win them.

We’re just in a strange place where it feels like we’re on the cusp of something really good happening. Also in a place where an oops, turnover or injury could take it all away.

20. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I was at the Denver game on the Monday night in 1986, I think the Jets were 8 point underdogs at home and the Jets Annihilated them, Elway was on the bench with four minutes left and he looked like a truck ran over him, the place was going nuts with Enthusiasm.
    Sunday after they were asleep and lost this what needs to not happen again.

ukjetsfan and bicketybam like this.