Politi: Rex has morphed into just another coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Um...Cough Cough... NYJUNC.. Cough Cough.

2. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Some of us realize it.

Some of us also realize that it's not as much of a problem, when compared to how much harder it is to have any success with a turnover-machine at the helm, ie the guy in your avatar.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Rex had to much success to fast he tricked himself into thinking he was the greatest football coach alive and would win no matter what. The problem with that was you have to have good enough players and we have a revolving door every season and besides the secondary we have midlevel talent across the board , It's impossible to maintain the level of success Rex reached his first two years every season, It almost worked to atleast we thought we were finally a real team in the NFL only to find out that were just the Same Old Jets again

4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Tannenbaum has been a GM here for 6 years. In these 6 years he's made some egregious errors (Hunter extension, Sanchez extension, reaching on Ducasse, Gholston, trading too many picks away, general talent evaluation). I think we need a GM who is a little more balanced in his talent acquisition. One that can analyze talent better, one who doesn't trade away too many picks, one that doesn't really on free agency too much, and one who is a little more careful with extensions. I like Tannenbaum, but he's been missing in the draft a little too much for my tastes, and I think Rex's picks (defensively) have been panning out better for us in general.

Our D lacks speed, Scott is slow and so is Pace and they eat up a decent amount of our cap. If we can get speedier in the LB corp, we'd be fine.
    Scott leaves, we can start Davis. Davis has a lot of speed and is a pretty good tackler, the only thing he needs to improve is his zone coverage. We get rid of Pace we can replace him through the draft, free agency, etc. I mean, how else would we replace them?

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

They, like us, want him to WIN. And if he doesn't all the other shit is moot

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

God I can't wait until Rex Ryan is fired and Sanchez is gone. Both are pieces of shit.

7. lakersmetsjets49ers

Sanchez I could see everyone being happy to have gone but Rex isn't the problem to me.

If this team manages to finish 8-8 or so this year considering all the problems (regardless of the easy closing schedule) Sanchez being Sanchez, Holmes and revis missing almost the entire season, and some of the demoralizing blowout losses, then that says something positive about this team that they didn't quit and that Rex didn't lose the Lockerroom and this has been a type of season where alot of teams would just say fuck it and give up on the season and worry about 2013. If the team finishes 8-8 or so with everything that went bad, Rex deserves some credit for doing a decent job coaching on a tough situation.

8. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

He doesn't have the tools he used to. That negates the argument. Im focusing of defense.

Ellis- Gone.
    Taylor- Gone.
    Jenkins-Gone
    Scott - Old
    Revis - Hurt

And... He cant trust his ability to control time of possession like he used to with Thomas Jones and LaDanian Tomlinson.

It's a completely different situation. Of course he's going to be different.

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets won today and Rex at his news conference answers questions about backup QB's. He should have shut that down and moved on to the next topic. Sometimes I think he is not very bright. He bragged about his defense again and I would have more respect for him if he did it to piss Francesa off.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I can't believe this team is still winning games. Through all the injuries, lacking talent, and turmoil, they are still fighting. As far as I'm concerned, Rex can stay as long as he likes.

11. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

What? They beat a team that has as much talent as a high school team.

I just knew that after the Jets won today there would be support for the loser Rex and his butt diving side kick Sancho. We should has blown this team out.
    These player are fighting for jobs, not Rex, or us real fans.

Hopefully when these losers are gone they can take some of these "fans" with them.

They looked like clowns as usual this game. I don't care if they win out, the damage is already done.

#91 rico college, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Fans supporting their team... such a novel concept! It must be an abomination!

13. rico college

Fans enabling their team... such a novel concept! It must be an abomination!

Fixed..........

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

3 of the Jets top 4 weapons are out. The Jets are below average at RB, and the QB is bad. On top of that, the defense is missing its best player.

Sorry for not thinking Rex needs to be fired when we are still a game out of the playoffs. This team is not very good. But I don't see why Rex should be fired, unless they quit down the stretch.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

You're a clown, have bad grammar, and you're not a real fan. You're just a bro screaming in the wind.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

How dare he have bad grammar!!!!!!

17. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

I really hate NY media, no matter what Rex does it's the wrong thing. The dude has done more with this team then the last 4 coaches. Not his fault the owner only cares about selling PSL's and his GM/scouting dept wouldn't know talent if it kicked them in the balls.

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

OK, I was reaching. I bet he has bad breath though.

19. rico college

I would have agreed with you up to a couple of weeks ago. But non of those things explain Sancho running into lineman's butt.

His decision to start Sanchez is the reason he needs to go. I can deal with a losing season due to injured players but this team is clearly mismanaged in my opinion.

#99 rico college, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  20. rico college

I see we are still having the same childish argument as we did before the season started. You just proved once again your opinion means nothing.