Politi: Rex has morphed into just another coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

When will people relieze the ammount fo money we spent and the ammount fo draft picks we tossed.

WE WERE IN A WIN NOW SITUATION

Of course talent has dropped
    Of course we are in Cap HELL
    Of course our team regressed....

Come on guys dont be so fucking dumb
    We have had bad drafts
    We have had NO FA Gap closers

We have no money and are now just getting the draft picks we need for the future we are strapped let Rex ride it out

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People keep forgetting that it was TANNEBAUM that gave Sanchez the ridiculous contract extension to save cap room last off season that gave him ridiculous guaranteed money up front when he hasn't even proven himself yet. We're stuck with Sanchez for better or worse. Rex made the correct decision putting Sanchez back in. Why bench him in the first place if you don't even try to use it as a motivational tool? Rex has had the difficult task the last couple years of replacing the numerous old veterans with young guys on defense, and has done pretty well despite the injuries and everything else that's gone wrong.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

They were good years, not great years. It was fun getting that far, but in the end they were both failures. AFCCG, not even Super Bowl and definitely not SB winner. It's like how Jets fans always loved talking about 1998. Sure the team was great, but they lost in the AFCCG, it means nothing.

Also, I don't deny that Rex can be a good coach. However, he's shown that he can't keep the shenanigans in the locker room down when the team isn't winning. He's shown that he is stubborn, overly prideful, and unwilling to make changes or bench players when necessary. He's also shown that he isn't that great of a talent evaluator.

Rex in some ways is like Michael Scott from the Office.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

+1 agree. writers and the fans who jump with them are shite and moronic.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

None of that matters if the player in question sucks, and has a proven record of doing so.

That would be Sanchez. He's done. He is not going to improve. There is absolutely no reason to think he will. None.

6. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

Excellent points!

7. LeonNYJ

The article has nothing to do with how Rex acts in front of the media. The main purpose of the article is that Rex used to talk so much about how he was different and not a "yes man", but when it comes down to it he's afraid to make a tough decision that goes against the will of the higher ups. So he is what he said he wouldn't be. He's more concerned about job security and going with the status quo rather than doing what's right in order to win. That's why he picked Sanchez to start instead of going with McElroy. The fact is that Rex has yet to make any controversial decisions in his HC career.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, if we finish 8-8 or 9-7 with this bad of talent, then Rex should be fine.

You think this is a 4 win team with the way people talk around here, im not happy with 8-8 but you cant demand change over it either.

9. LeonNYJ

and yet everyone wanted Mangini out after 9-7?

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

What a piece of shit article. I wouldn't even wipe my dirty ass with it, It would be an insult to my anus.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I must have missed all of Mangini's playoff wins

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I thought Mangini did get a raw deal but I'm glad it got us RR.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The point was that you don't give an unproven player a big contract extension with that much guaranteed money. If that contract was never offered, we could easily be free of Sanchez this off season, instead of being committed to him for another year. If we weren't committed, I'd bet that Sanchez would have been benched earlier, and it would have lasted more than a half game. Right now, we're stuck, so all we have is the slight hope that he might turn it around. It's worked for other slumping QBs in the past, some of which are top notch.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I still think he would have been a better coach for the Browns than Pat Shurmer.

15. jetiron

jetiron New Member

apparently brain trust had to make amends with pouting Sanchez because the organization dared to look at Peyton as possible replacement, and for that travesty against Sanchez, he got a nice boost in upfront guaranteed money. As much as I despise Rex' coaching moves, I have to admit, I wouldn't mind having him as my boss - he pays well and doesn't expect much, willing to look like an idiot for his troops and stick by you thick and thick no matter how bad u screw up. Job security no matter what under Rex....what a deal.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Because that team was pretty stacked and many of the games they lost that year were due to AWFUL playcalling

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

We don't agree a lot, but I like this attitude and that is how I feel. Championship or bust. Gators went 11-1 this year and I'm not excited about a stupid BCS bowl. I want championships, not almost championships.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Oh fuck ya. I thought the Browns had turned the corner after beating NO and NE in 2010. They really didnt give him enough time to turn it around. Two 5-11 seasons after he inherits a 4-12 team. Next guy up is doing even worse.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Rex is be puppeted by Tanny. He knows his days are numbered, and unfortunately, Tanny is Rex's boss.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^The GM has authority to start someone without HC approval?